Finishing league position - prediction time

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest loves the toon

we'll finish 4th

if teams attack chelsea they will drop points,they not as good as they think they are.3rd

liverpool to many payers to keep happy,see unrest.5th

man u champions

arsenal,will put things right at the emerites this season,drew a lot of games there last season.2nd

never been so optimistic for years,we will score goals and very confident we will have the best defence in the clubs history.if players get injured,weve got cover all over the pitch and have players who can change a game from the bench. :rolleyes:

4-1 saturday. all out attack they will be expecting 4-5-1 

Guest jazzfido

This is the one:

1 Man Utd

2 Liverpool

3 Chelsea

4 Tottenham

5 Arsenal

6 Newcastle

7 Aston Villa

8 Everton

9 West Ham

10 Portsmouth

11 Blackburn

12 Man City

13 Bolton

14 Birmingham

15 Fulham

16 Middlesbrough

17 Reading

18 Sunderland

19 Wigan

20 Derby

Guest getalife

I used to put 20 quid on them every year to win the Premiership. I haven't done it since Sir Bob went and clueless came in. This season I'm going ew on them. At odds of 200-1 and a totally refreshed side, you never know. So 1st or 2nd. Optimistic, yes. Ridiculous... I don't think so... HOWAY THE LADS......

I used to put 20 quid on them every year to win the Premiership. I haven't done it since Sir Bob went and clueless came in. This season I'm going ew on them. At odds of 200-1 and a totally refreshed side, you never know. So 1st or 2nd. Optimistic, yes. Ridiculous... I don't think so... HOWAY THE LADS......

Wishful thinking :thup:

Afraid you're wrong htere, that IS ridiculous.

4th

Only got to displace one of Liverpool or Arsenal, rest of the league is poor.

Spurs went backwards last season as a team - relied too much on Berbatov and have spent poorly (not on poor players but not on the right players).

Bolton and Everton weaker than last season

Pompey could do well but will probably start well and fade

Man City and West Ham have bought upper mid table players

If we get a good start and get the crowd going at St James then 4th is a possibility.

Reach for the stars and and worst you might reach the moon!

4th

Spurs went backwards last season as a team - relied too much on Berbatov and have spent poorly (not on poor players but not on the right players).

If we get a good start and get the crowd going at St James then 4th is a possibility.

only got to displace Arsenal or Liverpool!

Best laugh of the day, that:

(a) you believe thats ALL we have to displace, and that we are automatically better than all the other teams, and

(b) we coudl ever, ever dream abotu displacing them at this point.

:lol:

4th

(a) you believe thats ALL we have to displace, and that we are automatically better than all the other teams, and

Displacing Arsenal or Liverpool wasn't meant as a throw away 'thats easy' comment. I've discounted Man U and Chelsea as they are nailed on top 4.

Both the Dips and the Goons have wobbled into the top 4 in the past couple of years, therefore if one club is going to fall out of the top 4 its from these two.

I've then explained why I think that Spurs, Pompey, Everton, Bolton, Man City and West Ham won't get 4th.

I think we can safely discount Boro, Sunderland, Wigan, Derby, Reading, Fulham, Brum as being serious challengers. Reading will have the 'Second Season'.

Have Villa strengthened significantly from last season?

So why not suggest that we have as good a shout as any other team as breaking into the top 4

(Obviously I'm assuming a nice season in relation to injuries!)

We should be aiming for 4th place and should realistically end up in sixth place.

Chelsea and Man U are deffo top 4, Liverpool aswell, which leaves: Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, west ham and Newcastle battling it out for the other places.

The key to this season are the first 6-7 games, if we do well in them (we should do really!) that will give us a base to build from (and confidence) that we haven't had for a few seasons now... Our injured players should be fit again for around Sept-October so that means a full strength squad and a very potent team (if the new defensive recruits work out).

4th

Displacing Arsenal or Liverpool wasn't meant as a throw away 'thats easy' comment. I've discounted Man U and Chelsea as they are nailed on top 4.

Both the Dips and the Goons have wobbled into the top 4 in the past couple of years, therefore if one club is going to fall out of the top 4 its from these two.

I've then explained why I think that Spurs, Pompey, Everton, Bolton, Man City and West Ham won't get 4th.

I think we can safely discount Boro, Sunderland, Wigan, Derby, Reading, Fulham, Brum as being serious challengers. Reading will have the 'Second Season'.

Have Villa strengthened significantly from last season?

So why not suggest that we have as good a shout as any other team as breaking into the top 4

(Obviously I'm assuming a nice season in relation to injuries!)

Because you have made soem (imo) incorrect statements.

if there is ANYONE going to break the top 4 up (and there almost certainly isn't going to be), i am 100% certain it won't be us this season.