Official Singing Section

kane2005
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Bort

Full on yes for me for a singing section, even if it was the lower tier of the gallowgate and leazes ends. Im not sure how the fans who sit there now would react if they have to be booted from there seats to make way for it. As for standing creating more noise naturally then look back at carlisle, you could here a pin drop at times in the standing area. plus the ultras who went over there had a great chance to get together and create a decent singing area for themselves and royally messed it up

Guest king harry

Liverpool have done it, its not so much a singing section, but 2000 seats that have been reserved on the kop, and from next season, season ticket holders can apply to sit there. Its basically a seating area where lads that used to stand together, before being seperated can now sit together instead.

Have to say I think the 'give the fans a choice' argument works for me. I'd also go for multiple areas, or at least an agreement that if the first one works out there'll be a second, and so on.

As for standing creating more noise naturally, then look back at carlisle, you could here a pin drop at times in the standing area.

Yeah, but that was Carlisle.

I think that standing areas at SJP would be very different and would be a natural attraction to those who like to make more noise than sometimes those in the seats want to.

if you can get the Milburn going you might have a chance of getting the whole ground going.  However a singing section is absolute bollocks - as Vic said once upon a time, and people have repeated, you can't force people to sing.  I myself like to, but some don't, and I respect that.  To be fair, for many games last season it was hard to motivate yourself to sing as although you liked to, the players on the pitch were so fucking clueless under Roeder's instructions that the idea of a "12th man" would have had no impact.

Milburn is the biggest stand, however it also has all the corporates etc who will not sing.  However if some noise came from those in the paddocks/level 7, we might have an atmosphere.

I sat in the Milburn for 6 years, however I was right at the end of the stand in a paddock, and often sang, joining in with whatever the Gallowgate had on the go.

There's no doubt that the Leazes and Gallowgate are willing/do sing, however if you were to get everyone going, the Milburn, and parts of the East Stand need waking up first.

A singing section is totally ineffective.  If you want to sing, sit in the above mentioned 2 stands, we don't need fucking segregation for it, if you sit in the right place as it is, you're guarenteed a bit of banter and chanting.

To sum up, a singing section won't work, but I do agree the ground at the minute lacks an atmosphere and I for one would be chuffed if this could be resolved.  The only way for this to happen though is if the 11 on the field can give us something to sing about first.

Guest Milburnthedog

Just a suggestion here but if Ashley is going to expand the stadium by sticking another 'layer' of 8000 seats above the Gallowgate. I'd say that you should ask him to 'reserve' this area for the singers to congregate from all areas of the ground. This would be the easiest logistical way of doing it and would release seats all over SJP for newbies to move into.

This is not a scam to impress people about what the 'Ultras' are tyring to do, it is merely an attempt to do something about the shit atmosphere that is currently at St James'.

I am not going to deny that the players on the pitch need to provide the goods to get the fans going, but what i will say is sometimes the team needs that little bit reassurance that they can do it, that they can take the game by the scruff of the neck in the dying stages and score a winner.

I would also like to say that the majority of the Toon Ultras are actually 16/17 and the people attending this meeting (if it gets arranged with the club) will be 17+ and dressed in suits, with statistics, quotes and other facts to back our case up.

Alot of people seem to be happy just sitting back and constantly whinging about what could be done, and ideas that others come up with, instead of actively doing something about our library like stadium.

I'm glad to see so many people have backed this idea though, it will be a big help i'm sure.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!!!

(both on and off the pitch)

Guest Daishi

I vote yes, on two conditions

1) it's not in the corner, getting rid of "The Corner, The corner..." in place of a decent chant

2) bring back Harry Palmer. "there's only one The Zog" is nonsensical at best

I'd love to see some huge flags being passed around along L7

Oh, and change the name.  I agree the negatives and connotations far outweigh any positives. Your bring back the noise banner looked tops on sunday. Go

I'm half-for it half-against it.

I remember going to the Liverpool game in the 04/05 season, and there were singing coming from all over the ground. Although no great atmosphere, it was better than what I saw at the Arsenal game this season, where the Toon Ultras (horrible, horrible name!!) were the only ones singing.

I believe Celtic also have a singing section.

The ideal thing for me would be as already stated 5 thousand seats each in the Gallowgate and Leazes.

People concerned about singing coming from 'only' two areas of the ground need not worry as the noise from the 10,000 fans alone would be deafening and it would seem like it is coming from all around the ground.

Would the two group of fans not then make it like a battle?

Could be good in a way , but ifferent songs may be sung at the same time , which would sound dreadful , but on the other hand when both groups are in full voice together , it would be neck hair spiking,

Would the two group of fans not then make it like a battle?

Could be good in a way , but ifferent songs may be sung at the same time , which would sound dreadful , but on the other hand when both groups are in full voice together , it would be neck hair spiking,

It'd sound mint if two different songs came from two different ends IMO

its not just that some people sing too, at home games especially, the songs are s*** and have no imagination.

f****** sick to death of "there's only one [insert name here]"

Exactly this is our mentality too.

We have lots of new songs which i could post up on here but they would get shot down straight away by some of the people have chosen to be completley against us , an will not have their opinion changed whatever we do.

I say, "yay", and I'd love it if it was an all-age singing section.

What we need is one of these in every corner of the ground to transmit atmosphere all the way around.

Can't just be young kids/teenagers though, it'd be great if everyone got involved under one umbrella.

Jamie Milner is brazillian

We wont sell for 20 million

On the wing he's Fucking brilliant

Jamie Jamie Milner

Or

When Jamie Goes Marching down the wing

Milner Milner

When Jamie Goes Marching idown the wing

Milner Milner

All the georide boys will sing

We all know that Jamie's gunna score

Lalalalalalalalalala

Jamie Milner is brazillian

We wont sell for 20 million

On the wing he's Fucking brilliant

Jamie Jamie Milner

Or

When Jamie Goes Marching down the wing

Milner Milner

Milner Milner

All the georide boys will sing

We all know that Jamie's gunna score

Lalalalalalalalalala

Both sound good.

Have you got an online song book?

Any new ones for our new players, board & manager?