Bolton Starting 11

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have excluded a goal keeper, as Given is injured & have also excluded all other injured players or those without a chance - but I have included Luque for his supporters. You can chose only 10 players as the keeper will be Harper.

What formation do you reckon Sam will employ? Sammy Lee has converted Bolton into a 4-4-2 (or so I have heard).

Seems pretty conclusive to me, already have 27 votes a clear picture of who will be playing in our opinions of course...

Looks that way & I agree with the concensus. I can't say that I'm too happy with Zog having to play LB but that is short term & then Solano may find himself on the bench as Milner switches flanks.

Once the injured players are fit it is up for grabs in midfield & up front.

Guest NUFC4

here's how it works ...

..  ..

.. ..

This thread is an excellent idea and could be used for the main site if we keep getting it up there early enough.

"Newcastle-Online's expected team, as voted by our members..."

The choice between Martins and Solano, as I said in the other Bolton thread a couple of days ago, seems to be the only decision Big Sam has to "really" make now that Given is definitely out.

The choice between Martins and Solano, as I said in the other Bolton thread a couple of days ago, seems to be the only decision Big Sam has to "really" make now that Given is definitely out.

With Smith up front, you mean?

At the moment we have Martins up front ahead of Viduka, possible as a two with Smith or a lone striker. I can not Sam putting out a team at Bolton without Viduka up top. Personally I'd use Martins as a sub, if needed.

Big Sam said the other day that he will play the playes who played well in pre-season and not just all of the new players like Enrique, i think it was in the chronicle where he said Enrique and Cacapa will be played in a couple of weeks probably

Guest zerocipher

I can't see a smith viduka partnership up top, because then we'd have 0 pace up there. Think it's more likely to see Vid/Martins, with smith in midfield, butt on the bench

Guest zerocipher

You mean the ones that have shown what good signings they are so far throughout the preseason? Isn't that the entire point of signing new players? So I guess Man U will just be stupid to play Anderson and Nani right?

You mean the ones that have shown what good signings they are so far throughout the preseason? Isn't that the entire point of signing new players? So I guess Man U will just be stupid to play Anderson and Nani right?

I'd expect Taylor, Milner, and Martins to be locks. Surprised they're not being picked by some.

At the moment we have Martins up front ahead of Viduka, possible as a two with Smith or a lone striker. I can not Sam putting out a team at Bolton without Viduka up top. Personally I'd use Martins as a sub, if needed.

Sam talked a few weeks ago about players like Viduka 'using their experience' to get through these first games.

Viduka looked well off the pace against Sampdoria, though I'm not sure if that'll have any bearing on his decision. If Viduka was to start against Bolton, I'd have thought he'd get more than 45 minutes against Sampdoria. That implies he's easing him back. Ameobi and Martins only got that but then Martins has had plenty of match-practice and Ameobi played the next day.

I've even got a sneaky feeling he might go for Ameobi (though I haven't picked him in my 11), as he'll provide the height up front and should be more ready for it than Viduka, and Bolton won't expect it either.

Cacapa and Enrique are likely to get their first appearances at the first home game of the season against Villa on the 18th. Which is great... I'll be there!

Smith will be in midfield (Nobby on bench) and Dukes and Martins up front to start.

Sam talked a few weeks ago about players like Viduka 'using their experience' to get through these first games.

Viduka looked well off the pace against Sampdoria, though I'm not sure if that'll have any bearing on his decision. If Viduka was to start against Bolton, I'd have thought he'd get more than 45 minutes against Sampdoria. That implies he's easing him back. Ameobi and Martins only got that but then Martins has had plenty of match-practice and Ameobi played the next day.

I've even got a sneaky feeling he might go for Ameobi (though I haven't picked him in my 11), as he'll provide the height up front and should be more ready for it than Viduka, and Bolton won't expect it either.

No, you're right. They'll be shocked that we are so fucking stupid as to play that pile of donkey shite.

You could have hit on something there. Gonzo team selection.

I didnt bother voting as im pretty sure enrique and cacapa (sp?) are out, so the reuslts will be distorted.

edit:

what the hell, i did it.  oh and i voted carr but forgot about solano, so solano RB with Carr LB prob, instead of Huntington as i voted

-----------------------------Harper

Solano-------------Taylor--------Rozenhal-----------Carr (or Huntington)

Milner--------------Geremi-------Smith----------------N'Zogbia

---------------------Ameobi-------Martins

----------------(not sure vid is fit)

This will be the team:

Harper

Carr        Taylor        Rozehnal      Zoggy

Butt

Geremi

Smith

Martins          Ameobi              Milner