Dyer and Solano Family Needs.

Crumpy Gunt

Solano has aged, hes a poor right winger now and a suspect right back. We dont need him for the right wing since we probably wont even have an orthodox right winger in the formation, and wed do better to get a defensively sound fullback rather than a "defensive liability but with good distribution".

Load of crap.  He is neither a poor right winger nor a suspect right back.  He's shown in pre season how much we've missed his eye for a pass and creativity and he was at times outstanding at full back last year.

He did have some outstanding games last season at fullback, but he also showed some glaring weaknesses in my eyes. His defensive game is all about positioning because his mobility has waned considerably, and sometimes his positioning is poor, which has lead to attackers getting in behind him. But its been overlooked because hes a crowd favourite and of course, still has plenty of class on the ball.

And I stand by the notion that hes a poor winger now. Last season, practically every game that he played at right wing in the Premiership, he looked finished. A move to right back rejuvenated him, and in that abysmal team with its abysmal manager, having a fullback with some ability on the ball and moderately decent defensive ability (plus said weaknesses being papered over by on-the-day performances) was a breath of fresh air compared to watching shiite like Ramage or Carr "marauding" down the flank.

But for this team, for this defence, under this manager, with so many things looking to have improved considerably, I dont think hes good enough to be a guaranteed starter - which he would be by default if we failed to bring someone in.

Solano was the best right back we had last season, and I would be gutted to see him go.  ???

He was our best right back last season because our two other right backs, Miguel and Dani Alves, did not perform as well as Nobby.

Guest toonlass

Solano was the best right back we had last season, and I would be gutted to see him go.  ???

He was our best right back last season because our two other right backs, Miguel and Dani Alves, did not perform as well as Nobby.

Take the piss all you want, but he is an uncomplaining, reliable player, exactly what the geordies hate. We love having someone to complain about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take the piss all you want, but he is an uncomplaining, reliable player, exactly what the geordies hate. We love having someone to complain about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a geordie but I much rather having someone not to complain about :D

Not a geordie but I much rather having someone not to complain about :D

am a geordie me like... been on sky sports news an al

Guest unrealterrorist

Dont know if its been mentioned previously but is there any chance that the mention of Solano is what forced to up the Dyer fee ??

8 million for both according to:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=buy-dyer-get-sol-free%26method=full%26objectid=19609526%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

no exactly buy one get one free. if we sell em we need quality replacements.

let them go asap, good riddance

what can you do with dyer anyway, he's off injured most of the season, now h's unhappy and wants to leave. To WHU i mean he wants to play in the 1st division next year i recon. Back togehter with his beloved boyer.  :frantic:

Solano, to old anyway. time to move on, love the guy but rather have someone with potential for the future

Guest mobiius

Dont know if its been mentioned previously but is there any chance that the mention of Solano is what forced to up the Dyer fee ??

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=buy-dyer-get-sol-free%26method=full%26objectid=19609526%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

That's it then the story must be true cos its in the Morning edition of the chronicle better known as the journal. ???  i thought we had already got our replacement for dyer in the form of joey barton. Until i actually hear BSA or someone from the club come out and say that nobby wants to leave then i will consider it for what it is. unsubstantiated bollocks.

Guest unrealterrorist

That's it then the story must be true cos its in the Morning edition of the chronicle better known as the journal. ???  i thought we had already got our replacement for dyer in the form of joey barton. Until i actually hear BSA or someone from the club come out and say that nobby wants to leave then i will consider it for what it is. unsubstantiated bollocks.

Any thing i see from this shower or "a club source" i take with a pinch of salt.

Guest magpies_rawk

Considering the fact that he WAS indeed in the squad despite reports to the contrary, perhaps it is a load of bollocks. However, if there is any truth in nobby wanting to leave the club,i'd be gutted at his lack of any sense of belonging to this football club. 8 million pounds for both dyer and nobby is pretty decent business though.

get rid of dyer and noddy.. use the money to get a decent  right back in balances the squad

Who the fu<k is Noddy? Does he own a little red car and like to do it with big ears?

I highly doubt Nobby would of played Anelka onside like fatty Carr did today!

It must be some form of degenerative condition because the article goes on to say that he'll be ok to sign a four year contract.

Presumably this means they've assessed his medical history and whatever he's got he can perform to an acceptable level over the next four years and is worth the risk.

They probably discovered he doesn't have a football brain which obviously makes him prefectly acceptable as a wist 'am player.

Solano definately wants to leave: -

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=nobby-wants-to-join-west-ham%26method=full%26objectid=19612685%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

(Mods Feel free to shorten the link, I don't know how to).

"Nobby wants to join West Ham Aug 12 2007

by Darren Kelso, Sunday Sun

NOBBY SOLANO last night opened his heart on his wish to quit Newcastle for West Ham.

But the popular Peruvian may be forced to stay on Tyneside, with Magpies boss Sam Allardyce still unhappy with the Hammers over the collapse of Kieron Dyer’s proposed move to Upton Park.

Solano has been confident that Allardyce will let him leave if terms can be agreed with the Hammers.

But by yesterday morning, Solano rated his chances of moving at only “50-50” – while insisting he would regretfully depart Tyneside for family reasons alone.

“It causes me sorrow to have to make this decision. But my children have moved to London and I want to be near them,” he said.

“It’s no secret that I have been separated for a while from my wife (Claudia), who until recently lived here in Newcastle.

“Despite our situation, I was seeing the children almost every day, and that is what is most important to me.

“Things have changed though. My wife decided to move to London to try to boost her career.”

He added: “I’m very comfortable at Newcastle. The people love me and I am very thankful for that.

“I didn’t want to play for any other club in England, but family issues have forced a change of plan.

“I have spoken with the Newcastle directors and with the manager and they understand.”

Solano claimed he turned down initial overtures from West Ham earlier in the summer, before his children moved south.

But mindful of the acrimonious breakdown of Kieron Dyer’s move to Upton Park last week, Solano added: “The chances are 50-50.

“Everything depends on West Ham actually making an offer.”