Michael Chopra

Tsunami

Yep I am really sure you lot would turn down £4m to play for Sunderland :lol:

It beggars belief, mate. 

But if I take my hatred of Sunderland to another realm even though I am claiming I would turn down earning enough money in 4 years to set me up for life I am a more special fan, aren't I?

If it were a choice between signing the contract and not playing football at all, I'd sign the fucker then do a Winston Bogarde.

I'd happily coin in £20,000 a week off them to act the arsehole for 5 years.

Yes, and no. You could play through your skin, make a fuckin' name for yourself, and actually have a chance of moving to a bigger club. And go down as a successful footballer. It's all your personal goals, at the end of the day. If your personal goal involves becoming a professional footballer, and it's something you've been chasing since you were wee lad, going to training sessions and playing on windy nights when all your mates were out partying, giving up education for the ball, then when a Premiership team headed by a revered former-player comes along and offers you a contract you can't turn down, offering you a chance you've been waiting for, then saying 'no' on the grounds of "... ugh, but they're Sunderland, like. I'll pack it in or keep playing in the First Division, and pretty much say goodbye to all my hopes and dreams I've been working towards," then you'd be one brave man.

Or incredibly stupid.

"Seriously the wear is infected with something"

something=bad genes.  I dont believe in evolution so i cant call them throw backs, but can certainly call them mutants.

SAdly roy keane give the mackem slime pond an illusion of respectability.

Yep I am really sure you lot would turn down £4m to play for Sunderland :lol:

It beggars belief, mate. 

But if I take my hatred of Sunderland to another realm even though I am claiming I would turn down earning enough money in 4 years to set me up for life I am a more special fan, aren't I?

Special? Like in retarded?  ;)  :lol:

Guest toonlass

If it were a choice between signing the contract and not playing football at all, I'd sign the fucker then do a Winston Bogarde.

Yes, and no. You could play through your skin, make a fuckin' name for yourself, and actually have a chance of moving to a bigger club. And go down as a successful footballer. It's all your personal goals, at the end of the day. If your personal goal involves becoming a professional footballer, and it's something you've been chasing since you were wee lad, going to training sessions and playing on windy nights when all your mates were out partying, giving up education for the ball, then when a Premiership team headed by a revered former-player comes along and offers you a contract you can't turn down, offering you a chance you've been waiting for, then saying 'no' on the grounds of "... ugh, but they're Sunderland, like. I'll pack it in or keep playing in the First Division, and pretty much say goodbye to all my hopes and dreams I've been working towards," then you'd be one brave man.

Or incredibly stupid.

Or incredibly insecure and weak willed.

Or incredibly stupid.

Or incredibly insecure and weak willed.

:D

Also need to take into account Chopra's love for Newcastle will have taken a bit of a battering by the limited chances he has gotten. A successful year in the championship could have made him more bitter thinking he was more deserving of a chance then the one opportunity he got to prove himself at the top level AND earn a top level wage happens to be at Sunderland.......

Also need to take into account Chopra's love for Newcastle will have taken a bit of a battering by the limited chances he has gotten. A successful year in the championship could have made him more bitter thinking he was more deserving of a chance then the one opportunity he got to prove himself at the top level AND earn a top level wage happens to be at Sunderland.......

Eggzackerly....http://www.uefa.com/ml/images/uefaorg/exco/53572.jpg

Guest toonlass

Nope I would rather chop some bloke on here's balls off.

Nope I would rather chop some bloke on here's balls off.

Oh so you're into that too?

:)

Do I need to lie down?

GeJon... have you met anyone form Sunderland?

They are really retarded... serioysly, they seem to have some reality impedemant... how can anyone with a sane mind want to play for them...i would rather play for Darlington

Seriously the wear is infected with something

So £4m and can live in Newcastle but have to spend say 15 hours a week in Sunderland and play a few games... Yeah I am sure you will turn that down and live on £6.50 a week working in the post office and watching your family struggle by :lol:

I would rather live in wales and lick welsh crack for 1.5 mill than live in the toon but suck makem cock for 4 mill!

think of it this way if he does score alot and sunderland are in a comfortable league position you can always say that sunderland needs a geordie to play premier league football :p

Guest Ridzuan

I cant believe that Im saying this but I love the game very much so.Chopra scoring in the last seconds of the game.Amazing stuff though I hate to see Sunderland or Spurs winning,but it was a great finish to a boring match.

Maybe it's just because I'm not Geordie, wasn't born anywhere near Newcastle so I don't really feel a territorial rivalry with Sunderland, so there's no fucking way I'm turning down £4m to play for them. No fucking way. Pride over money for your family? Fuck off. If anyone actually uses the excuse of 'pride' then they're incredibly selfish. If I can sort out my family's life in 4 years, bet your arse it's done in a second. Family over pride, any second of the day.

Question: Do you think Wayne Rooney's family talks to him? Didn't he say 'I'll never ever sign for them' and then went on to sign for Manyoo two or three weeks later? Do you think his family has no pride? Do you think he has no pride? Bear in mind the step up from Everton to Manyoo, and the step up from Cardiff to Sunderland is actually quite comparable.

Guest unrealterrorist

Maybe it's just because I'm not Geordie, wasn't born anywhere near Newcastle so I don't really feel a territorial rivalry with Sunderland, so there's no f****** way I'm turning down £4m to play for them. No f****** way. Pride over money for your family? f*** off. If anyone actually uses the excuse of 'pride' then they're incredibly selfish. If I can sort out my family's life in 4 years, bet your arse it's done in a second. Family over pride, any second of the day.

Question: Do you think Wayne Rooney's family talks to him? Didn't he say 'I'll never ever sign for them' and then went on to sign for Manyoo two or three weeks later? Do you think his family has no pride? Do you think he has no pride? Bear in mind the step up from Everton to Manyoo, and the step up from Cardiff to Sunderland is actually quite comparable.

I think rooney might of been a bad example dont think his family could spell pride but i understand where you coming from. No matter anyway if we get to a cup final you will see chops there with a Smb t-shirt on and we can get him bac on a free.

You have to realise that the boy has a life to live as well. We would be calling him stupid if he had stayed on here and get something like 10 games a season. Same reason people Harper gets some stick. He seems to lack 'ambition'. Chopra had to move on, which he did, and then a career opportunity came up which really was impossible to turn down. Honestly, if you have a chance to move from an average first division team into a Premiership team on the up (can't believe I said that), would you really turn it down? If you have pride and confidence in your ability, you say yes instantly because you believe you'll succeed and then you can move onto bigger things. That's why Chopra signed for them.

Chopra is a professional footballer; he is playing for the a club in the PL who wanted him & offered him good money. Of course he should go there & do his best so he can move on up.

He didn't kiss the badge, he pointedly said in the interview that he was a geordie from Newcastle & his goal celebration was that of a goal scorer.

Wish him well; his team bad. EOS.

Guest Gemmill

The people claiming that they would never play for Sunderland are either talking shit or they're fucking simpletons.  The lad is a professional footballer doing what's best for his career, that's all.  I think he's a brave lad for going there, and I bet it was a decision he agonised over, but ultimately he's done the right thing for himself, his family, and his career.  Football is a short career and who knows if the chance to play Premiership football would ever have presented itself to him again.

It was a bit disappointing to see him sign for Sunderland... and had the deal been equal wage or a tiny bit more, maybe you could have questioned Chops' loyalty.

I'm sure it's not ideal, as he would have loved to cracked it for the toon, but you'd have to be mental not to accept the deal/challenge the Mackems were offering him.

He didn't kiss the badge, he pointedly said in the interview that he was a geordie from Newcastle & his goal celebration was that of a goal scorer.

indeed. It was pretty clear what was going on. Claiming he almost kissed the badge is being ridiculous... wishful thinking to hate him even :D

is it true that he kissed his badge?

that was the rumour at the game today?

No, he just grabbed the front of his shirt - then I think he realised what he was about to do and stopped.