Newcastle Blue Star 0 - 2 Newcastle United "Reserves"

Dave

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1090490,00.html

Owen Leads Star-Studded Reserve Squad Against Blue Star

MICHAEL Owen has been named in a very strong Newcastle United line-up for the match against Newcastle Blue Star at Kingston Park on Monday night (kick-off 7.45pm).

Despite being officially classed as a Reserve fixture, coach Lee Clark not only has the Magpies' record signing at his disposal, but also the likes of Claudio Cacapa, Kieron Dyer and Shola Ameobi.

Toon boss Sam Allardyce is keen to see Owen in particular get some match practice. The striker netted in the opening summer friendly at Hartlepool, but had been sidelined since with a thigh problem.

Newcastle are set to line up as follows: Fraser Forster, Paul Huntington, Peter Ramage, Claudio Cacapa, David Edgar, Kazenga LuaLua, Kieron Dyer, Matty Pattison, James Troisi, Shola Ameobi, Michael Owen.

Subs: TBC.

A good crowd is expected to watch this strong United side in action and Kev & Jamie are advised to get to Kingston Park early.

Will be interesting to see how Cacapa does.

Not happy about Dyer playing though, he looks like he is on his way out and the place would be better served going to one of our academy players imo.

Just keeping Dyer fit I suppose without risking a non-performance in a competitive match.

I'm chuffed that BSA has decided Owen must play. That was always one of my bugbears with Roader - he never made Owen play reserve team football when returning from an injury.

I don't think old Glenda had the balls to tell him he had to.

Good work Sam lad.

I'm chuffed that BSA has decided Owen must play. That was always one of my bugbears with Roader - he never made Owen play reserve team football when returning from an injury.

Good point. Nobody should be above reserve team football, previously always got the feeling Owen was.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1090490,00.html

Owen Leads Star-Studded Reserve Squad Against Blue Star

MICHAEL Owen has been named in a very strong Newcastle United line-up for the match against Newcastle Blue Star at Kingston Park on Monday night (kick-off 7.45pm).

Despite being officially classed as a Reserve fixture, coach Lee Clark not only has the Magpies' record signing at his disposal, but also the likes of Claudio Cacapa, Kieron Dyer and Shola Ameobi.

Toon boss Sam Allardyce is keen to see Owen in particular get some match practice. The striker netted in the opening summer friendly at Hartlepool, but had been sidelined since with a thigh problem.

Newcastle are set to line up as follows: Fraser Forster, Paul Huntington, Peter Ramage, Claudio Cacapa, David Edgar, Kazenga LuaLua, Kieron Dyer, Matty Pattison, James Troisi, Shola Ameobi, Michael Owen.

Subs: TBC.

A good crowd is expected to watch this strong United side in action and Kev & Jamie are advised to get to Kingston Park early.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good point. Nobody should be above reserve team football, previously always got the feeling Owen was.

He was previously. Now Sam has shown he must earn his cash. Good work in my opinion.

Was always the same with Shearer as well.

Guest Andy_M

I think it was more of a case of that before, as soon as Owen was fit enough to walk he got thrown prematuraly straight into the starting line-up, as opposed to being above reserve level.

I think it was more of a case of that before, as soon as Owen was fit enough to walk he got thrown prematuraly straight into the starting line-up, as opposed to being above reserve level.

Disagree Andy. If you remember Roader gave him longer than anticpated to recover from injury and held off playing him for a few games and refused to set any comeback dates for Owen.

He thought he was too good for reserve team football or didn't have the nuts to tell him to play IMO.

Guest Geordiesned

From .com;

Kickoff at Kingston Park is at 7.45pm and admission is £5 adults, £3 OAPs/students and £1 for bairns.

Tickets are at the ground but there are no cash turnstiles - instead sales are made from the box office at the eastern side of the ground for admittance to the large stand on the opposite side.

How helpful!

Officially the end of Luque?

And Nobby?thought I would see his name there and not Dyers!Dont see the point on playing Dyer? ???

Luque got injured last week at Gateshead and Nobby played some part on Saturday, so wouldn't expect to see either of them playing tonight.

Guest Moe-Ali

Officially the end of Luque?

And Nobby?thought I would see his name there and not Dyers!Dont see the point on playing Dyer? ???

Luque got injured last week at Gateshead and Nobby played some part on Saturday, so wouldn't expect to see either of them playing tonight.

From .com;

Kickoff at Kingston Park is at 7.45pm and admission is £5 adults, £3 OAPs/students and £1 for bairns.

Tickets are at the ground but there are no cash turnstiles - instead sales are made from the box office at the eastern side of the ground for admittance to the large stand on the opposite side.

How helpful!

Prices bumped up two quid.

From .com;

How helpful!

We are the away team tbh.

prices were always £5,  its a Blue Star home game,  they've set the prices and obviously weren't expecting NUFC to field such a strong team.  They need to have cash turnstiles available as its going to be a nightmare queueing for tickets at the ticket office and then queueing to get in,  loads of people who weren't interested will fancy going now.

Good to see that BSA is getting them in the reserves, its what most normal clubs do. Wonder where Enrique is?

Is he still in Spain?Didnt he go home to sort out family affairs or something like that?Or maybe he will be starting Saturday and Sam doesnt wanna risk him?Prob not though since zog played well!

From .com;

How helpful!

I paid three quid the last time I went to a Blue Star game.

From .com;

How helpful!

This is their first game at Kingston Park as the home side, so you can't compare it to any previous games.

From .com;

How helpful!

This is their first game at Kingston Park as the home side, so you can't compare it to any previous games.

I can and I will.