Sir Alex tips Toon for 4th

NSG

Guest Moe-Ali

Out of the top four managers, i only respect sir alex, never liked wenger, or arsenal, hate mourinho with a passion, seems to think he is chelsea football club, and rafa seems to be more interested in european cups then the premierleague, so i dont even consider him a premier league manager.

Ian Wright in The Sun reckons we'll finish 5th above Arsenal this year. Think I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Must be fucking Allardyce off though, he's trying to quietly go about his ways to get some stability to the club and people are talking to the media raising everyones expectations.

all of this because of a 3-1 win at bolton... wat if it turns out that bolton is just plain crap under lee, i mean they havnt exactly imposed themselves in the transfer market have they.

Ian Wright in The Sun reckons we'll finish 5th above Arsenal this year. Think I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Must be f****** Allardyce off though, he's trying to quietly go about his ways to get some stability to the club and people are talking to the media raising everyones expectations.

agree.. high expectations that go unfulfilled can spell disaster for a manager.

Out of the top four managers, i only respect sir alex, never liked wenger, or arsenal, hate mourinho with a passion, seems to think he is chelsea football club, and rafa seems to be more interested in european cups then the premierleague, so i dont even consider him a premier league manager.

Respecting and liking are two totally different things.

How you cannot respect Wenger or Mourinho is beyond me given their achievements.

Guest Moe-Ali

all of this because of a 3-1 win at bolton... wat if it turns out that bolton is just plain crap under lee, i mean they havnt exactly imposed themselves in the transfer market have they.

Ian Wright in The Sun reckons we'll finish 5th above Arsenal this year. Think I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Must be f****** Allardyce off though, he's trying to quietly go about his ways to get some stability to the club and people are talking to the media raising everyones expectations.

i agree with you guys, but do you think that sam will fullfill these expectations? i seem to think so, saturday was the first time i have ever watched newcastle and not shat my pants anytime the opposing team crossed half(started supporting 2002), that said, i dont even think that was our best back four we could have had, with cacapa and enrique not playing. all we needed was to sort out the defence if you ask me, we've allways been able to score no matter what. top 6.

Guest Moe-Ali

i agree with you, if we loose/draw all our top four fixtures, and win most other ones, i think we're playing in europe next season.

Fergie tips us for top four whenever we have a half good team.

Mind games.

Against who exactly? Hardly going to be against Arsenal & Spurs as they'll be nowhere near Man Utd come May.

I don't think we will finish in the top 5 but say we did i f****** hope 40 odd thousand won't boo them and piss off on the last day of 08/09 if we ONLY finish 6th.

Huge f*cking difference. No matter what anyone says, we underperformed that season (03-04). If we'd only been half decent, we'd have walked 4th place. Not excusing the booing though.

Mind games.

Against who exactly? Hardly going to be against Arsenal & Spurs as they'll be nowhere near Man Utd come May.

With ourselves ?

A week ago, before the Bolton game, most football analysts and journalists were tipping us to come top 10, now after one match it jumps to 4th?  Sure hope we come 4th though, however I'd be very happy with 7th.

Mind games.

With ourselves ?

Again, he'd only play mind-games against us if he felt we'd challenge for the title. Not going to happen.

Mind games.

These are motivational mind games, hoping us, Spurs and Everton will raise their game and get the occasional notch against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Thats why I think he does it by the way, not fact, but Fergie always has a smaller team breaking the top 4, and that would be my suggestion for it.

i agree with you guys, but do you think that sam will fullfill these expectations? i seem to think so, saturday was the first time i have ever watched newcastle and not shat my pants anytime the opposing team crossed half(started supporting 2002), that said, i dont even think that was our best back four we could have had, with cacapa and enrique not playing. all we needed was to sort out the defence if you ask me, we've allways been able to score no matter what. top 6.

I personally think that there is a very good chance he will fullfill these expectations, possibly with a bit of luck, and a lack of key injuries  (although I think we are in a better position now to cope with them), and he could sneak a 4th-6th position this season. We just have to be patient when things start to go against us because they will at some point or other.

Guest Moe-Ali

Very good post Lenny

That being said, i think we will be very healthy this season, the dramatics have got to be over, surely?