Tottenham taken up the Arsenal, again

ohmelads

Guest Darth Toon

Seriously what exactly was Spurs gameplan tonight? I saw nothing but left footers on the right, strikers in midfield, Jenas wandering...Bent invisible...Nothing happening wide and no compressing play in the middle. It was like they had never played football before. I reckon Jol gone by x mas if this goes on.

Fixed.

No offence, but I hope Spurs become the new Newcastle, all spending, no real substance. T'would make me 'lol' a lot.

They'd have to get quite a few top 2/3/4 finishes and some Champions League Football first :)  Even better Spurs can be the new Newcastle but without the good times :lol:

I mean of recent times, 3/4 years. I mean as in perennial underachievers, even more so than they already are.  :undecided:

Guest makemeacupoftea

I think this result makes it that we pretty much have to win on saturday, reason being we will pull ahead of Spurs by 6 points which is nice and to keep up with everton.

Guest elbee909

:lol: anyone hear the booing then when JJ got the ball. I cant see him being there long if they keep that up

Yeah.  It's a bit of a goldfish bowl, eh? ;)

Guest elbee909

I liked F365's headline blurb:

"They've billed themselves as top-four material, and there was even talk of a title push. But after a 3-1 defeat at home to Everton, Tottenham are bottom of the table and look paralysed by expectation. And their early-departing fans are no better either. What a shambles..."

I liked F365's headline blurb:

"They've billed themselves as top-four material, and there was even talk of a title push. But after a 3-1 defeat at home to Everton, Tottenham are bottom of the table and look paralysed by expectation. And their early-departing fans are no better either. What a shambles..."

:lol:

For a side with a million midfielders they don't seem to actually have any on the park. bluerazz.gif

Guest Guinness

Jermaine Jenas was truely woeful. Everton looked good tonight, if they get Fernandes and another striker they could be going places this season, Arteta is quality.

Love this quotation from the beeb:

Spurs boss Martin Jol replaced the ineffective Bent with Defoe to try to turn things around.

But the new man struggled to make an impact as the Toffees consolidated their lead

As someone said earlier, how much?  ;D

Richard Keys should just put a Tottenham scarf on and have done with it.

One of the reasons I am so delighted with that win. Absolutely sick of hearing about how great Spurs are for the past year. In the pre-match build up you would have thought it was Brazil 1970 at home to Wimbledon's "Crazy Gang" side. Dogs of war? :cheesy:

Been watching the game...13 pages...jeebus, where did that come from.? ???

OK so I've not read from page 3 where I logged off before but 3 points to make...2 of which have probably been made already.

1. Arteta - Wowz. I wish he played for City. Or I hope Elano turns out to be as good. How f****** quality. And he must spend every week getting lumps kicked out of him by cloggers not fit to lace his boots. Mucho respecto.

2. Robinson. How awful. KD/Triglett/Jol accepted his awfulness yet?

3. Osman. Good enough to play for England? On the face of it no...but I think he's someone to consider if we want to be half decent at ball retention any time soon.

Osman is very good technically but he lacks that extra yard of pace or bit of physical strength to be an international class player.

He's started the season very well though. Back to his old form after a tough season last time out :thup: