Losing Martins due to African Nations Cup

Guest exilim

hope owen doesnt take his place at any point never mind when martins is away

will be our best striker this season scoring about 15 in the league hopefully... ;D

Yeah, me too. I really hope Owen doesn't get a game.

will be our best striker this season scoring about 15 in the league hopefully... ;D

Doesn't really matter, you'd only have to watch him for 10 minutes before an unexpected gust of wind makes both his legs drop off anyway.

Our finest supporter.

Guest Baxter

Doesn't really matter, you'd only have to watch him for 10 minutes before an unexpected gust of wind makes both his legs drop off anyway.

This is pretty strange talk. Don't people really hope that Owen will get fit, stay fit and score lots of goals for us whether or not this seems likely or not (which  sadly it doesn't at the moment). Owen is hardly Dyer or Bellamy in the 'unproffessional' stakes and I don't think he deserves the flak he constantly gets here.

This is pretty strange talk. Don't people really hope that Owen will get fit, stay fit and score lots of goals for us whether or not this seems likely or not (which  sadly it doesn't at the moment). Owen is hardly Dyer or Bellamy in the 'unproffessional' stakes and I don't think he deserves the flak he constantly gets here.

Thinking he is a good player (which most do) is different to being cynical about his loyalties/fitness.

You don't have to think a player is superfantasticworldclassbestever just because they play for us, or suck the, off just because they are good.

I think most fans opinions of Owen are: "good player, too injury prone, would rather play for a big club, wouldn't mind that much if we could get a decent replacement in".

I do hope he gets better, plays and scores goals.  I certainly don't blame him for the injuries and he's done little to warrant a lot of the flack as well.  Much like Woodgate though it just gets to the point where you've got to laugh about it.

Guest eyeball_tickler

of course he cant stay fit. why would he, the money grabbing prick. get rid ASAP if not sooner. or build a back to the future car and sell him last week.

its a-ok though, shola's got 20 goals in him this year. 

By the way, I was taking the piss. I find it astonishing that someone would hope Owen doesn't get a game.

of course he cant stay fit. why would he, the money grabbing prick. get rid ASAP if not sooner. or build a back to the future car and sell him last week.

its a-ok though, shola's got 20 goals in him this year. 

i've never seen anything as depressing as that in all of my life.. i really hope you're joking (especially that last bit)

Duff will be back in January, and would have been whipped into shape by Sam.

Luque, hopefully, would have improved his fitness and strength byt hen also, and should continue where he left off in the pre-season.

Edmilson might be coming in.

These three should hopefully make up for the loss of Martins and Geremi.

Guest Urban Fox

Ameobi keeps scoring in these 'behind closed doors' games whereas Owen can't score agains Blue star or Gretna. 

Ameobi had a great start last season before he had to have the op and he offers something different up front - plus - his heart is black and white.

Whoever pulls the shirt on and gets 20 goals for us this year deserves his wages - no point being a hater - I even found myself pointing out good things Luque did in the Celtic game to a bloke I'd never met in the Milburn.  The 'Souness' in me has gone.

Guest exilim

They should change the tournament to once every four years. Are they that desperate for tv revenues, or are there even any?

Guest eyeball_tickler

Ameobi keeps scoring in these 'behind closed doors' games whereas Owen can't score agains Blue star or Gretna. 

Ameobi had a great start last season before he had to have the op and he offers something different up front - plus - his heart is black and white.

Whoever pulls the shirt on and gets 20 goals for us this year deserves his wages - no point being a hater - I even found myself pointing out good things Luque did in the Celtic game to a bloke I'd never met in the Milburn.  The 'Souness' in me has gone.

i was joking, i really hope you are too.

The players also have to report to their teams two weeks before the tournament starts, meaning we could lose Martins & Geremi for six weeks, if Nigeria and Cameroon go all the way. So that will be five league games and one cup game. I'm not that worried though since we have Smith and Owen but imagine if the cup had been last year... Sibierski and Dyer up front  :confused2:

Guest eyeball_tickler

i was joking, i really hope you are too.

so you were joking,  don't do it again.. you almost gave me a heart-attack with you're last post

there's been a lot worse posted about owen and a lot more positive things posted about ameobi. i dont know which is more disappointing.

Guest Urban Fox

You'll all eat your words when a disillusioned Shola signs for Man U - scores 30 a season consistently and then lifts the world cup in 2010