The Start of The Smart Card

Skirge

Here we go then, I bet it all fks up tomorrow, I am going down sooner than normal to make sure I get in, don't trust these smart card things.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1094123,00.html

NUFC Season Ticket Smartcard 2007/08

NEWCASTLE United have in recent months been installing the latest Smartcard technology, part of which relates to the way in which supporters gain entry to the Stadium.

The installation is now fully completed and as a result from this Saturday all season ticket holders will be able to use their Smartcard.

This Smartcard replaces the traditional paper ticket voucher book in its entirety. The card is validated for all Premier League home games therefore you only need this one card to enter the stadium each time you come to a game.

The information stored on your card includes the supporter name and customer number along with all the match details. The reverse of the Smartcard shows details of where the seat is located.

Your Smartcard will only allow you to gain access to the Stadium via the turnstile (s) number indicated on your card.

To enter the Stadium you place the card within the slot in the reader at the turnstile entrance - there is no need to swipe or move the card.

The reader then checks in a split second against the database to confirm the card is valid for that game.

A series of lights on the inside then confirms to both yourself and a Steward whether the card is valid for an adult or a concession rate.

Specific areas of the Stadium have already piloted this element of the technology with great success.

However in the event of any problems a Steward positioned by the turnstile will be alerted and will be able to assist. In the unlikely event that you should lose your smart card then as soon as you discover this you should report it to the Box Office. The card will then be cancelled and a new one issued.

As in the past with paper season ticket books there may be a nominal charge levied for replacing lost or stolen cards.

Whilst you will not be asked to complete any questionnaires or surveys in relation to this new entry procedure should you wish to offer feedback then any comments either positive or negative will be gratefully received by our Customer Services department - [email protected].

Smartcard benefits

The new access control system will allow quicker more efficient entry to the stadium.

It will also allow more visibility of customers which in turn will create a more secure stadium environment.

The usage of smartcard technology will also lead to more benefits for the fan in the near future.

The technology lends itself to numerous benefits soon to be available.

I will be like, I like to get in early anyway so I am not trying to fight past people to get to my seat, tripping over feet is just a nightmare.

Never really had to queue before though, I think we will all be stuck in long queues tomorrow though.

I will be like, I like to get in early anyway so I am not trying to fight past people to get to my seat, tripping over feet is just a nightmare.

Never really had to queue before though, I think we will all be stuck in long queues tomorrow though.

True.

I'm normally in my seat for about 2:59 on a saturday afternoon.

Or 5:14 in this case O0

Will have to get the old man out the pub earlier eh  :lol:

True.

I'm normally in my seat for about 2:59 on a saturday afternoon.

Or 5:14 in this case O0

Will have to get the old man out the pub earlier eh  :lol:

May be a good idea, I predict a delayed KO due to massive queues of fans that cannot get into the ground as some pissed up twats can't hit the hole in the swipe machine. :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

I think the majority of people will be getting to the ground early just in case.

I might turn up at 5 to 3 then to avoid the crowds. :D

Guest Geordiesned

What happens if you scan your card, the turnstile becomes operative for you to go through but you drop your card and have to retrieve it? Is there a time limit on how long you have to get through the turnstile? Is there still someone sitting in the kiosk to operate the turnstile - it would seem to contradict the smart card system if there is. If the turnstile does lock up, can you then swipe your card again or will the system think you're already in the stadium and not let you in?

I'm sure it'll wotk fine actually, I'm just trying to put fear into the minds of the born worriers.  :razz:

I think the majority of people will be getting to the ground early just in case.

a good 2 hours 20 in advance sounds a bit excessive, but more power to you, better saafe than sorry eh? :)

I don't think you have much to worry about, at Reading they have had the cards for a couple of years and it seems to work fine. The only problem is that they don't actually have your seat number on, so if you buy tickets for one-off games you have to write it down and take it in with you.

There'll be a steward with a palmtop computer for every couple of entrances, in case of cards not working or people wanting to check the details of their seats.

Don't sweat lads.

Bugger I hate having to go through the turnstile on my season ticket. People are useless and it's as if it's a shock to them when they get to the turnstile and they have to have a ticket. They then spend an age getting their ticket out. I normally just go for the turnstile that's empty and closish to me seat.

Guest Geordiesned

a good 2 hours 20 in advance sounds a bit excessive, but more power to you, better saafe than sorry eh? :)

Oh yeah, 5:10pm then.  :-[  :razz:

Guest Geordiesned

Bugger I hate having to go through the turnstile on my season ticket. People are useless and it's as if it's a shock to them when they get to the turnstile and they have to have a ticket. They then spend an age getting their ticket out. I normally just go for the turnstile that's empty and closish to me seat.

It's the same people that reach the front of the queue at the cash point and look bemused by the fact they need to get their bank card out of their wallet/purse and actually put it in the machine!

It's the same people that reach the front of the queue at the cash point and look bemused by the fact they need to get their bank card out of their wallet/purse and actually put it in the machine!

It's like those bastards in shops who stand in the queue for a long time with things to buy, have them scanned, and then get told the price by the till guy THEN they fish around their pockets and get their money out taking forever - it's like, were you not expecting to pay this time :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

So am I right in thinking that if this 'smart card' works there will be no Toon Ultras in attendance tomorrow?

Unless they have a special 'thick card' in production?

Don't forget your "miserable bastard" card.

So am I right in thinking that if this 'smart card' works there will be no Toon Ultras in attendance tomorrow?

I'll be miserable if our performance matches Bolton 2nd half.

Guest unrealterrorist

I will be defo any body else get two of them i did cause my first was missing vital seating data. I am taking both just incase.

I'll be miserable if our performance matches Bolton 2nd half.

Even if the results the same no doubt.