The Start of The Smart Card

Skirge

I thought it was alright, though there does seem to be the potential for chaos if the system isn't fool-proof. Got there about 4:30 and there was no queue where I go in.

Now beer tokens, for one I didn't get one, for another it was impossible to get a pint without standing in a huge queue. I just didn't bother.

So am I right in thinking that if this 'smart card' works there will be no Toon Ultras in attendance tomorrow?

Unless they have a special 'thick card' in production?

Don't forget your "miserable bastard" card.

I'll be miserable if our performance matches Bolton 2nd half.

I'm fucking miserable!

So am I right in thinking that if this 'smart card' works there will be no Toon Ultras in attendance tomorrow?

I'm fucking miserable!

You're always miserable. No one cares.

Guest nufcraig

massive queues at turnstiles at east stand. wont be happy if queues stay so big in the winter when weather is bad. Apparently the queues were so big just before kick off they had to open the gates to let everyone in because otherwise people wouldnt have made it in on time. Also there were less turnstiles open than normal.

Guest Gemmill

massive queues at turnstiles at east stand. wont be happy if queues stay so big in the winter when weather is bad. Apparently the queues were so big just before kick off they had to open the gates to let everyone in because otherwise people wouldnt have made it in on time. Also there were less turnstiles open than normal.

I queued for about 20 seconds to get into the east stand. 

no issues whatsoever, straight in the gallowgate end with no queue or owt.

and the beer queues were bad but no worse than any other season. However, even though its not my beer of choice, the bottles of carling from the food stalls are bang on. much, much better than them shite little fosters bottles last season. and no queue to get them pre-match either.  O0

At 4:50 the queues at the east stand were fucking massive where I was trying to get in, never seen them that big.  Some 13 year old lass in a stewards jacket was trying to get people to move into other queues that might have been slightly shorter.  But then that was mostly because there wasn't enough room to join the queue.

Guest WalkervilleMag

queues fo my turnstille in the Milburn stand, about 20 deep at 16:45.  card reader worked fine. there seemed to be trouble with the reader for normal tickets though, guy in front of me had to san his about 3 or 4 times, which is probably why there were queues

Guest Geordiesned

I'm fucking miserable!

Snap.

Guest Geordiesned

The diagram on the back on the card seems to bear fuck all resemblence to what you actually do, which may have slowed down the less innovative fans.

Aye, I thought that. The picture dives the impression that it's the same system that Man City have in that you just have to wave your card over the machine and not actually insert it.

A few of mates in the Leazes were let in through an open door as the queues were so big and didn't even have to show their season tickets!

Aye, I thought that. The picture dives the impression that it's the same system that Man City have in that you just have to wave your card over the machine and not actually insert it.

The "inny" slot for your card also looks like a "outy" little bump with the scanner in it like the scanners for my card at work.

Guest nufcraig

I queued for about 20 seconds to get into the east stand. 

You must have been there at about 1 o clock then

Got there about 5pm, queue for the East stand was fucking huge, all the way down the street. Looked like there was only one turnstile open there. I'm just around the NE corner though, and the queue was fine. In within a minute.

You've done well to get home quick seeing as you've been posting from a US IP. Fuck off triggy.