The club want a great atmosphere for Villa

Rich

Guest WalkervilleMag

gonna be vocal. 6 hours on the lash, before the match. got to be

Only 6?

well in terms of pubs yes. I dont drink in the house

Guest Toon Barmy

there are great discount food and drink offers available on the concourse.

www.nufc.co.uk

Like the sound of this, cheap beers???

Fantastic! I don't particularly want to see streamers being thrown down from the stands but I applaud the club for a) recognising that the atmosphere is critical and b) actually trying to do something about it themselves. As first gestures go, this ain't bad and I think what is now important is for fans to start discussing these things (the atmosphere and how best to improve/encourage it) so that we don't end up with cheer leaders or other naff stuff.

The club are clearly looking to get involved with fans to promote a healthier atmosphere and by all accounts they are open to fan discussion and fan ideas regarding this very subject. Indeed N.O among other NUFC websites is being monitored by the club to gauge fan opinion on all manner of things.

Now really is the time to voice your opinion.

I vote no to streamers, but applaud the gesture and hope this leads to a much healthier atmosphere at St. James' Park.

My own advice to club officials would be to watch the Shearer testimonial DVD. We don't need streamers which is cheesy and almost American like.  No, hand out black and white placards, more free scarves, balloons even and allow fans to bring in flags, banners and other decorative features. We could do with those ghastly grey seats being changed too and maybe a few slogans like "Howay The Lads", "Geordies" and "Magpies" among others adorning the seats ala Old Trafford, the stadium of light, Anfield etc.

My opinion:

Keep Local Hero!!!

Streamers are ok

Scarves are mint

The surfer is a top quality idea

Anything to make the atmosphere as intimidating as possible is good.

A big NO NO to the following:

Drums

Music after goals

Cheerleaders

Mascots (except the junior magpies kiddies bit)

Any type of scoreboard/video screen.

The Geordie Dancer

My opinion:

Keep Local Hero!!!

Streamers are ok

Scarves are mint

The surfer is a top quality idea

Anything to make the atmosphere as intimidating as possible is good.

A big NO NO to the following:

Drums

Music after goals

Cheerleaders

Mascots (except the junior magpies kiddies bit)

Any type of scoreboard/video screen.

The Geordie Dancer

Agree 100% with all that.

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

How can giving scarves away be a bad idea?

It's cringeworthy as fuck. I'm all for atmosphere and chanting, but fully grown blokes squeezing into gravy stained NUFC tops swinging scarves around their head is nothing to brag about. I left my scarves behind at the Pompey and Celtic game.

It's cringeworthy as fuck. I'm all for atmosphere and chanting, but fully grown blokes squeezing into gravy stained NUFC tops swinging scarves around their head is nothing to brag about. I left my scarves behind at the Pompey and Celtic game.

I turned up a few minutes late for pompey and didnt even get one. Some charver had come down at kick off and taken the box.

People swinging scarves is cringeworthy? I think its quite traditional and things like music after goals are cringeworthy.

Sima 'cringes' a lot but he's a complete fucking cock.

It's cringeworthy as f***. I'm all for atmosphere and chanting, but fully grown blokes squeezing into gravy stained NUFC tops swinging scarves around their head is nothing to brag about. I left my scarves behind at the Pompey and Celtic game.

Well if you were at Shearers testamional you would see they worked!

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

It's cringeworthy as f***. I'm all for atmosphere and chanting, but fully grown blokes squeezing into gravy stained NUFC tops swinging scarves around their head is nothing to brag about. I left my scarves behind at the Pompey and Celtic game.

Skyboyplasticfantastic.

Skyboyplasticfantastic.

Hang on. You dont have the nerve to reply to me, then cant work out that scarves are a pre-sky, traditional part of the game but call someone a skyboy because they like them at the match.

muh-o-nnh-guh.

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

They're cringe worthy as fuck and I don't give a shit if it was a traditional thing, it looks shite

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

So why call him a skyboy then?

why not?

do you clap and shout "easeh easeh" at away fans when they miss a shot?

do you adore tim lovejoy?

i bet you take your shoes off if you love the toon, though

Guest unrealterrorist

why not?

Yes yes i do and thanks for asking.

why not?

Why not? Because it made no sense, it was just a random insult without any basis.

No, no and no. Although i do remember in 97 or 98 being in the away end at Wimbledon and seeing the shoes off thing for the first time. I admit i found it amusing then.

Dont think its that much of a deal giving away free scarves either. It seems like a nice gesture.

By the way, well done for coming over as an utter spacka within 2 days of registering. You remind me of someone i used to know.

Guest unrealterrorist

why not?

Why not? Because it made no sense, it was just a random insult without any basis.

No, no and no. Although i do remember in 97 or 98 being in the away end at Wimbledon and seeing the shoes off thing for the first time. I admit i found it amusing then.

Dont think its that much of a deal giving away free scarves either. It seems like a nice gesture.

By the way, well done for coming over as an utter spacka within 2 days of registering. You remind me of someone i used to know.

:clap: mackems.gif

there are great discount food and drink offers available on the concourse.

www.nufc.co.uk

Like the sound of this, cheap beers???

Well fuck me!!! Did the person my email go to work, part of a long email I sent:

"I don't know anyone that has a drink inside the ground. Most bars in Newcastle city centre on matchday have beer offers on & some bars have strippers on, making these more appealing than paying full price at the bars inside St James Park. The price of alcohol before the match needs to be more competitive & then advertised."

Propafan, propafan, only does what a propa fan does,

Does he swing, around a scarf?

Shat it mush, yer 'avin a larf,

Does he take, off his shoes?

Does he fuck, listen yous

Look out! Here comes a Propafan!

So if you are a Skyboy

Shoes off or balti pie boy,

Branded club watch and tie boy,

You'll face a Propafaaan....

Guest onetallpoppy

2.10am in oz. gonna be a tough one but beers and late night snacks have been bought already. just hope i dont get too pissed beforehand when out