Newcastle United 0-0 Aston Villa - 18/08/07 - Post Match reaction from Page 12

James

They need to start earning there f****** money,i got out of jail a few months ago and now i'm earning £250 a week and have never been so blessed in my life and working my socks off,these c***s are being paid that type of silly money for doing f*** all,i'd been looking forward to this match all week,what a dissapointment,really f****** sick of newcastle me like.

Go "support" someone else then. This was our SECOND game of the season against a decent side. We have had complete change at every level and we're not going to win every match.

Guest shaun11177

Villa were well prepared for the 433 why not suprise them and play 442.

Still say Smith is no midfielder.

If you play 433 at home you need to play one defensive midfielder only and 2 attackers and the left and right of the front 3 need to play on the touchline-the striker needs to be in the box permanently.

We didnt have the personnel to play 433 today- i can understand Sam not wanting to change the team but it failed-nevertheless brings everyone firmly down to earth-this is a side that will battle for 6th-10th nothing more.

Shouldn't have taken Martins off. We looked a much better side with him on. Would've been better to take Viduka off and stopped the long balls, as we were being outmuscled in the air anyway.

Milner MOTM, only creativity in midfield. Zoggy looks great aswell, he just needs to stick to the wing after he's taken his man on more often though

I disagree totally about Martins. He'd completely disappeared from the game in the second half.

We started the second half slowly as a team though. If Martins dissapeared then what did Owen do?

Shouldn't have taken Martins off. We looked a much better side with him on. Would've been better to take Viduka off and stopped the long balls, as we were being outmuscled in the air anyway.

Milner MOTM, only creativity in midfield. Zoggy looks great aswell, he just needs to stick to the wing after he's taken his man on more often though

I disagree totally about Martins. He'd completely disappeared from the game in the second half.

We started the second half slowly as a team though. If Martins dissapeared then what did Owen do?

Our attacker all "dissapeared" as he puts it. Of course they did, they didn't have any service from midfield...not much they can do apart from drop deep, which you don't really want as you need men up front.

Viduka was just as shite.

But to lay the blame on the stirkers is rather high and mighty when we didn't have one creative midfielder running through the middle of the park.

Guest Dr Jeckl

They need to start earning there f****** money,i got out of jail a few months ago and now i'm earning £250 a week and have never been so blessed in my life and working my socks off,these c***s are being paid that type of silly money for doing f*** all,i'd been looking forward to this match all week,what a dissapointment,really f****** sick of newcastle me like.

wot crime did you commit to be put inside?

I've been in and out of jail all my life,but i have also been a total toon supporter all my life and all i've ever seen is players being paid silly money to do fuck all on the field,i'd do anything thing to be paid that type of money,but these cunts just take it for granted.

I was almost comotose watching that absolute load of shite.

Allardyce plays percentage football and it's dull as dishwater.

I've been in and out of jail all my life,but i have also been a total toon supporter all my life and all i've ever seen is players being paid silly money to do fuck all on the field,i'd do anything thing to be paid that type of money,but these cunts just take it for granted.

Get with it. We all do. Nobody is moneybags on here. And while I agree with your sentiment, the problem today was tactics, let's not forget. The players didn't just lounge about.

I was almost comotose watching that absolute load of s****.

Allardyce plays percentage football and it's dull as dishwater.

Are you a bitter Bolton fan? Sounds like it. Terrible performance last week wasn't it?

I've been in and out of jail all my life,but i have also been a total toon supporter all my life and all i've ever seen is players being paid silly money to do f*** all on the field,i'd do anything thing to be paid that type of money,but these c***s just take it for granted.

They were trying their best, you can't deny that....although I get the feeling you will try to

That was last week mate. Keep up.

So by your logic Man Utd are suddenly a team who aren't very good and can only draw games?

Errr no?

But that's Man Utd.

I've been in and out of jail all my life,but i have also been a total toon supporter all my life and all i've ever seen is players being paid silly money to do f*** all on the field,i'd do anything thing to be paid that type of money,but these c***s just take it for granted.

i've worked my arse off all my life, never nicked from anyone, never looked for the cheap way out, never been nicked, been a newcastle supporter all my life, and i have watched alot of shit and watched a bunch of lazy overpaid bastards in black and white shirts, but tonight they wernet lazy or cunts, they just lacked creativity... give them time

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Harper: 8 - some important saves.

Carr: 6 - did OK defensively but didnt go forward.

Taylor: 7 - steady game.

Roz: 8 - looked very calm and confident.

Zoggy: 7 - same as Carr but helped a bit more in the build up.

Geremi: 7 - nothing special. Wonder if he is supposed to play more offensive than he did today.

Butt: 7 - lost the ball in dangerous situations a few times but did OK and worked hard.

Smith: 8 - was involved in everything and could have scored as well. Some really great tackles too.

Milner: 9 - by far my Man of the Match. Suceeded in almost everything he did today and was in periods our only thread. 

Viduka: 7 - OK perfomance but still expecting a bit more.

Martins: 7 - very much in and out of the game but when he got the ball he looked dangerous.

Overall the players did OK but as a team we lacked a decent gameplan when having the ball and it was like all three central midfielders were defensive minded which especially was seen in the second half where we created nothing! A few positives we can retrieve from the game is the Roz/Taylor partnership and Milner.

Maybe we should try 4-4-2 in the next game or hope that Emre can spice up the midfield a bit if he is rdy...   

Gawd awful performance, we are crying out for some creativity from the midfield and just as worrying seemed to be a lack of urgency out there. Played terrible in the first half but whatever Sam said at half time had completely the opposite effect and they were even worse.

Geremi's performance was shocking, worst player on the pitch for me. Taylor not far behind him. Butt did some good things but did a lot of bad. Owen was anonomous when he came on and Carr was well just Carr.

On the postive side, Smith showed an awful lot of commitment, Charlie did well in patches and Milner for me our MoM looked our only real threat.

The positive energy from the Bolton game have evaporated and been replaced with the realisation that not a great deal seems to have improved on last year. The words "false dawn" spring to mind. Sam obviously needs time but he'll not get too long to put things right.

Harper: 8 - some important saves.

Carr: 6 - did OK defensively but didnt go forward.

Taylor: 7 - steady game.

Roz: 8 - looked very calm and confident.

Zoggy: 7 - same as Carr but helped a bit more in the build up.

Geremi: 7 - nothing special. Wonder if he is supposed to play more offensive than he did today.

Butt: 7 - lost the ball in dangerous situations a few times but did OK and worked hard.

Smith: 8 - was involved in everything and could have scored as well. Some really great tackles too.

Milner: 9 - by far my Man of the Match. Suceeded in almost everything he did today and was in periods our only thread. 

Viduka: 7 - OK perfomance but still expecting a bit more.

Martins: 7 - very much in and out of the game but when he got the ball he looked dangerous.

Overall the players did OK but as a team we lacked a decent gameplan when having the ball and it was like all three central midfielders were defensive minded which especially was seen in the second half where we created nothing! A few positives we can retrieve from the game is the Roz/Taylor partnership and Milner.

Maybe we should try 4-4-2 in the next game or hope that Emre can spice up the midfield a bit if he is rdy...   

Wow, very generous ratings. We were average today, out of all our players only Rozehnal and Milner deserve 7's

i've worked my arse off all my life, never nicked from anyone, never looked for the cheap way out, never been nickedp, been a newcastle supporter all my life, and i have watched alot of shit and watched a bunch of lazy overpaid bastards in black and white shirts, but tonight they wernet lazy or cunts, they just lacked creativity... give them time

What has that got to do with anything?

What the hell is going on???

Where were all of you last week??? Did we not play the exact same system? Yes we did!!!

How come no one complained about the system then? Or throughout pre-season when we played the same way?

This is really shitty guys. I expected better. People on here are practically pining for Roeder.