Newcastle United 0-0 Aston Villa - 18/08/07 - Post Match reaction from Page 12

James

villa are boring as shit though to be fair... the boys tried hard and the ref was being a cunt to duks all game.... not a bad try but i would have started 451 against villa just because of the way they played fucking pricks

Poor performance

Poor result

Poor Atmosphere

Poor tactics

Poor game

Mid table at best playing like this

:idiot2:

Im not being negative its the truth and two many people thought we would win easily and had to high ecpectations just because we won a game not saying we will finish there just saying we will get a few games like this.

Booing - totally fuckng pathetic.  Knobs

That is pathetic if true

I have only just logged on and have only read the last page so dont know what has been said previously but the negativity on the posts so far fucking astound me. What the hell did we expect - Champion League football. Give them a chance for gods sake.

So what, we had a poor performance.. and here is me slagging off the spurs fans for moaning after 2 games

villa are boring as shit though to be fair... the boys tried hard and the ref was being a cunt to duks all game.... not a bad try but i would have started 451 against villa just because of the way they played fucking pricks

Who looked the likelier to score? And playing 4-5-1 at home?

Did you watch the match?

You have to figure that the manager learns more from results like this. If we won this one, he would have reason to believe that the midfield setup from today is worth trying again.

I'd trust someone like Sam to see through that surely... not like ratmuppet.

villa are boring as s*** though to be fair... the boys tried hard and the ref was being a c*** to duks all game.... not a bad try but i would have started 451 against villa just because of the way they played f****** pricks

How did they play?  Better than us? Yes, the fucking pricks. 

This is going to be painful if we continue play 4-3-3 at home.

Just no creativity and nothing from the wings other than Milner.

Can't see the justification for playing Smith and Butt in midfield at home, and bringing Barton in is not going to improve things.

man we need to start some heavy passing training we looked like a bunch of amateurs.

Bring it on Big Sam

Lot's of work to be done, players coming back, but these sort of games should be expected.  The only plus is we didn't lose or concede.

The little defensive triangle of Butt, Geremi, and Rozenhal were awful today.  The Zog did the most work of any player, had to play fullback as well and handle the left wing all on his own.  Milner was Ok, and I thought Martins looked like our only genuinely dangerous player.  I think we have bigger striker problems than people think.

Urgh, that was poor. Everyone looked knackered at the end. Midfield 3 were fucking shite as a whole. Need someone like Diouf to run the channels! Everything was through the middle and we had 0 penetration.

And Zog at left back. :rant:

Guest SeattleToon

I think this shows that you can't play with two defensive midfielders (i.e. Butt AND Geremi) in the center of the pitch and expect to have a good attack. We were reasonably industrious down the wings, with Milner having a pretty good match, but we made no penetration at all through the centre of the field. Villa were very solid defensively (Mellberg & Laursen are a very sturdy defensive duo), and we had nobody on the pitch capable of making the pass that opened them up. When Geremi is the person bringing the ball up the pitch and orchestrating the attack (as he was most of the day), you know you're going to have a hard time creating good scoring chances.