Newcastle United 0-0 Aston Villa - 18/08/07 - Post Match reaction from Page 12

James

Guest eyeball_tickler

We will never win another home game again if fans act like that

yeah, the fella in row C had a mare.

give the crowd something to cheer and they will.

Guest elbee909

i might  start supporting chelsea.

Please do.  Maybe Man Utd would be better though.  They've drawn two games mind, at least we've won one.

i was dissapointed with the booing, i know we had nothing going forward, but the foundations to build on are there, i dont feel as bad and i think i would have clapped the team going off instead of booing

man we need to start some heavy passing training we looked like a bunch of amateurs.

Bring it on Big Sam

yeah

Lot's of work to be done, players coming back, but these sort of games should be expected.  The only plus is we didn't lose or concede.

Yeah we are a team in the making

4-3-3 will not work like that at home.

wouldn't write off 4-3-3 just yet.

Viduka is blatantly unfit and shouldn't have started. when he is fit i think he'll do well as the targetman/creator.

think milner isn't suited to it, and despite playing on the left, never really cut in as i think allardyce wanted him to, but kept on crossing from wide, which isn't effective when there's no one in the middle. maybe he will learn to play the formation, or we could try duff/zoggy/owen there instead. Martins hasn't fully adapted to the role yet either.

biggest thing for me tho, is that we haven't got a creative attacking midfielder linking the lads up front to the midfield. as a result viduka was playing almost as deep as butt or geremi and we're toothless up front.

Poor performance

Poor result

Poor Atmosphere

Poor tactics

Poor game

Mid table at best playing like this

:idiot2:

Im not being negative its the truth and two many people thought we would win easily and had to high ecpectations just because we won a game not saying we will finish there just saying we will get a few games like this.

SUPERTOON, you are surely on the most knee-jerk-tastic members on here.

Villa are a boring side, they always have been and they usually tend to grind out boring draws and stifle entertaining football.

At least we remain unbeaten but I think O'neil may have won the battle of tactics this game as they defended well, as did we, the entire match.

I think eventually we'll need a 'Deco type' player at some stage to open up games like these but who knows, Emre may be that very player as hes approaching full fitness.

Bring on the next game I say, we'll learn from this match in various ways :)

Guest microbar

If you expect a quick fix from sam look else where,

he has already told us it will take a couple of seasons to get things right,

maybe the moaners here should just move on to other clubs,

you dont deserve a decent manager.

Butt was not the MOTM. Wasn't that bad though.

Big disappointments for me was Smith and Viduka.

Can't agree

Smith did Ok put himself about and worked really hard, covered back VERY well.

Viduka got nowt of the ref all day, didn't know getting into position and standing your ground was a free kick.

Milner MOM by the proverbial street

Carr surprisingly was pretty good.

Villa are VERY solid at the back, I was really impressed with them defensively and on the break.

If we beat Boro, 7 points fromn 3 games of which two are away you can't complain.

Poor performance

Poor result

Poor Atmosphere

Poor tactics

Poor game

Mid table at best playing like this

:idiot2:

Im not being negative its the truth and two many people thought we would win easily and had to high ecpectations just because we won a game not saying we will finish there just saying we will get a few games like this.

SUPERTOON, you are surely on the most knee-jerk-tastic members on here.

Villa are a boring side, they always have been and they usually tend to grind out boring draws and stifle entertaining football.

At least we remain unbeaten but I think O'neil may have won the battle of tactics this game as they defended well, as did we, the entire match.

I think eventually we'll need a 'Deco type' player at some stage to open up games like these but who knows, Emre may be that very player as hes approaching full fitness.

Bring on the next game I say, we'll learn from this match in various ways :)

Its not knee jerk if you pre match thread i said i expected a tough game where as others were saying we would win 4-0 i am not booing as i expected this game to be like this and we will have more the same

We looked better with Shola. Viduka needs to be sent to a health farm for a month, lose half a stone, and work on his sharpness.

Zoggy was so frustrating. He got into some good positions, and then wasted them. The new lad should improve things there.

The passing needs to be that bit better, and I think Barton will make a big difference there.

We have to be realistic. Villa were a tough side, and at about the same stage of development as us. At least we kept our concentration and spirit. That was the sort of game that we'd have lost 0-1 or 0-2 in recent times.

I thought we were OK...Our midfield was strong and not giving enough time for Villa players to do what they want and Villa didn't threaten us that much anyway...

Millner was great, N'Zogbia was very good too so as our defence...Taylor needs to learn to release the ball quicker as he got caught twice day dreaming with the ball...

Martins was disappointing so was Viduka...Shola didn't do any better nor did Owen...Alan Smith did alright defensively but nothing much forward...

Happy with the defense...The best improvement in the team for everyone to see...We need real wingers and switch formations to 442 when needed during the game...

villa are boring as s*** though to be fair... the boys tried hard and the ref was being a c*** to duks all game.... not a bad try but i would have started 451 against villa just because of the way they played f****** pricks

Who looked the likelier to score? And playing 4-5-1 at home?

Did you watch the match?

in fact i did playing 451 at home against villa will actually allow our players to pass the ball to another midfield player........... instead of giving it away so many times we did

well if u want to play 2dms

Guest JamesD

anyone else think making geremi captain was a mistake?  Sort of makes him an automatic starter, ala parker, and i really don't think we have any players who can really claim that yet.

I prefered the 4-3-3 today.

If Viduka had done a better job holding the ball up it would have worked far better. Viduka struggled today and Shola did a better job when he came on.

Butt also had a shocker and most of the time lost the ball when we had chances to get something going.

Taylor needs to be very careful, and should get rid of the ball earlier, still prone to some dozy play. Rozehnal was brilliant again, and covered for Taylor on a number of occassions.

Carr is shocking and always looks a liability, and does nothing other than lose the ball when he gets forward.

Owen is a bit too limited. 30 minutes on the pitch but his style of play means he doesn't do much unless we are creating a ton of chances in the final third. Not sure what is going to happen with our formation or tactics now he is back.

On the whole I am satisfied. Villa deserved something from the game and a draw was fair. Also was the type of game we would typically lose but we didn't. 4 points on the board from Bolton and Villa and we are undefeated. No problem with that at all.

I would like to see Butt out and Emre in for our next game, and I would also like to see us get someone in to replace Carr. I imagine with that late stunt Taylor pulled, Cacapa has also increased his chances of playing in the first 11. Thought Zoggy did well today too against some dangerous attackers so special mention for him.

I think a lot of people are underrating Villa who are certainly a respectable side and who were very dangerous on the counter attack.

Shouldn't have taken Martins off. We looked a much better side with him on. Would've been better to take Viduka off and stopped the long balls, as we were being outmuscled in the air anyway.

Milner MOTM, only creativity in midfield. Zoggy looks great aswell, he just needs to stick to the wing after he's taken his man on more often though

Guest LucasUnger

harper 7

roz 7

taylor 6

zog 5 worrying thing. in defence 7 but lost nearly every ball

carr 6

butt 5 strong tackles but shite going forward

smith 6 good work

geremi 6

milner 9 fantastic game worked more than smith viduka and owen all together- was everywhere. keep it up jamie

martins 6

viduka 6

owen 5 didn't do very much

ameobi 6 tried at least

cacapa 10 MOTM - bring Shaft on for carr ye!

no milner motm

Zog minus? pfff, fuck off :lol:

I thought he was pretty good myself. Hadn't seen him play left back before, so I was quite impressed with his reading and interception of passes. His main problem was lack of creativity in the delivery; he did miss out on a couple of chances to make a quick counter-attack, but as a left back he can't really be blamed for our poor attacks.