Praiseworthy player? It's Steve Harper.

Guest exilim

Guest exilim

With all these negativity surrounding our team after the Aston Villa match, i think we should take some time out to congratulate Steve Harper on his fine performance yesterday.

Just feel that we have such a great professional.. Doing such a great job while standing in for Given, nothing but praises :)

Let him finish his career with us, it's wonderful to have players who are 100% committed to NUFC.

Howay the lads!

Fantastic save from Reo-Coker's shot.

Thought he had a good game, but is that the one where it was more a case of hitting him than him saving it?  Dunno like, I didn't get a good view of it and didn't watch MOTD.

Thought he had a good game, but is that the one where it was more a case of hitting him than him saving it?  Dunno like, I didn't get a good view of it and didn't watch MOTD.

That was the header from Laursen.

For the NRC shot he must have seen it quite late, and done very well to get down to his left and push it away. I thought that had gone in tbh

Guest nufcraig

i dont rate harper very highly. i think hes an everage player. However, he played really well yesterday and kept us in the game

That was the header from Laursen.

For the NRC shot he must have seen it quite late, and done very well to get down to his left and push it away. I thought that had gone in tbh

World Class save that one. Just the type of save that gets you a point on a day when your not looking likely to get all 3.

MOTD certainly didnt miss the fact that he played well.

He's good cover, nothing more.  Wouldn't want him in for any long period of time but he's better than most second choice keepers and I'm perfectly happy with him being our back up. Had me touching cloth with some of those daisy cutter goal kicks though.

Couple of very good saves, kicking was pretty terrible though.

Sounds like Shay, tbh.

It's was worse than Shay, his kicking can be bad as in wasteful, Harper's kicking is a defensive liability.

Guest Mantis

i dont rate harper very highly. i think hes an everage player. However, he played really well yesterday and kept us in the game

Agreed.  Milner was also worth a mention.