Jol on the brink? Breaking news:Ramos snubs huge Spurs offer.

Parky

UV - Ideally it would have been done in the Summer like Chelsea and Liverpool did with their current managers but you should definitely have someone in place ready to take over, certainly better than sacking someone to find out the only replacement is Souness.

So what happens when the first manager you approach knocks you back and tells his mates in the press about it? The current manager is left in an untenable position, knowing he could be replaced at any time. The club would (rightly) be a laughing stock and a source of constant speculation.

That's unlikely to happen, it's believed that players get tapped up all of the time but how often do you hear of someone blabbing to the press?

The way you would go about it is to get a 3rd party to approach the agent of the manager and ask him if he would be interested in the job, if he is then move it from there but if not and for some reason he did go to the press then deny all knowledge like Madrid do when they get accused of it, after all it wasn't Madrid doing it directly.

Sacking someone before looking for a replacement is retarded even if it is whats considered the right thing to do.

All going to plan for Spurs then, thats what happens when you have a footballing person running the club.  O0

Jol should resign. Surely his position is now untenable.

Fuk that. I hope he stays and fuks them off like Souness did to us.

Stay until i'm sacked, and take every penny i am owed with me, and in the meantime i'll let the players do what they want and pick the team out of a hat.

Stay until i'm sacked, and take every penny i am owed with me, and in the meantime i'll let the players do what they want and pick the team out of a hat.

How to destroy your season in one easy step. mackems.gif

Guest Darth Toon

So now Spurs are liars.

Kingdawson and Martin Jol mysteriously disapeared?

Based on what? Let me guess - based on you choosing to believe THAT story in the press.

Based on this I think:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/thanksandfurtherclarification.html

"To further clarify the situation - the Club wishes to make it clear and unequivocal that no individual was or has been offered the position of manager/coach at this Club whilst that position has been held by Martin Jol. It is wholly inaccurate and inappropriate to suggest otherwise"

UV - Ideally it would have been done in the Summer like Chelsea and Liverpool did with their current managers but you should definitely have someone in place ready to take over, certainly better than sacking someone to find out the only replacement is Souness.

So what happens when the first manager you approach knocks you back and tells his mates in the press about it? The current manager is left in an untenable position, knowing he could be replaced at any time. The club would (rightly) be a laughing stock and a source of constant speculation.

That's unlikely to happen, it's believed that players get tapped up all of the time but how often do you hear of someone blabbing to the press?

The way you would go about it is to get a 3rd party to approach the agent of the manager and ask him if he would be interested in the job, if he is then move it from there but if not and for some reason he did go to the press then deny all knowledge like Madrid do when they get accused of it, after all it wasn't Madrid doing it directly.

Sacking someone before looking for a replacement is retarded even if it is whats considered the right thing to do.

All going to plan for Spurs then, thats what happens when you have a footballing person running the club.  O0

Have you missed the bit where we've sacked 3 managers around this time in the last decade? replacing the last one with Souness after being turned down by Allaryce, McClaren and Steve Bruce?

Like I've said, Spurs deny it and this time next week it'll be forgotten, I'd be more worried if they did get Ramos tbh.

:lol:

What else is he to do now though?

Has the man got enough in him to keep battling against the entire club? The fans want him to stay, but is that enough? I don't think he'd walk without a hefty settlement, out of pure principal, so the longer he stays, the more turmoil the club will endure.

BTW am talking about Spuds here and not NUFC, its great isn't it?

bluelaugh.gif

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on what? Let me guess - based on you choosing to believe THAT story in the press.

Based on this I think:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/thanksandfurtherclarification.html

"To further clarify the situation - the Club wishes to make it clear and unequivocal that no individual was or has been offered the position of manager/coach at this Club whilst that position has been held by Martin Jol. It is wholly inaccurate and inappropriate to suggest otherwise"

yes, and where is the proof anyone was??

:lol:

What else is he to do now though?

Has the man got enough in him to keep battling against the entire club? The fans want him to stay, but is that enough? I don't think he'd walk without a hefty settlement, out of pure principal, so the longer he stays, the more turmoil the club will endure.

BTW am talking about Spuds here and not NUFC, its great isn't it?

bluelaugh.gif

:razz:

It's a proper meltdown.

Guest johnson293

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on this I think:

Suppose the proof will be when Spurs sue Ramos for his comemnts of receiving a 'dizzying' offer from them, when they stress they wouldn't and haven't offered the managers job to anyone whilst Jol is still there.

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on this I think:

Suppose the proof will be when Spurs sue Ramos for his comemnts of receiving a 'dizzying' offer from them, when they stress they wouldn't and haven't offered the managers job to anyone whilst Jol is still there.

Does that mean Allardyce is a crook then because he didn't sue the BBC?

Guest johnson293

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on this I think:

Maybe??!!!

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on this I think:

Well who do you believe Spurs or Ramos? Ramos is hardly going to make stuff like that up if he wants to stay at Seville.

Where as i believe Spurs offered him the job and where knocked back and then chose to deny it.

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on this I think:

Probably...... but he's our crook. :)

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on this I think:

Well who do you believe Spurs or Ramos? Ramos is hardly going to make stuff like that up if he wants to stay at Seville.

Where as i believe Spurs offered him the job and where knocked back and then chose to deny it.

There is no doubt this is true. Ramos is hardly going to release details of talks with another club if it isn't true. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

I think he has made comments to reassure Seville of his loyalty.

Spurs no doubt threw the cheque book at him.

Guest Brazilianbob

It probably means Ramos was sounded out about taking over at Spurs without ever actually being offered the job.

Redknapp to replace Jol stinks of Souness replacing Robson. Both mid-table managers.

Hmmm ... not so sure about that. Of all the premiership managers, I think I would least like them to get Harry Redknapp. Very underated manager I think, also has an eye for a decent player.

What's he done at West Ham or Portsmouth that Souness didn't do at Blackburn?

Not fall out with alot of his players.

Play attractive football.

Harry's a far better manager than fucking Souness.

A|ye that would be class. Spurs have treated him worse than we did with Sir Bob.

A|ye that would be class. Spurs have treated him worse than we did with Sir Bob.

Its unbelievable to think that a club that kept moving forward under his reign has fallen apart in a matter of 3 games.

It is worse than SBR, as SBR needed to go in the summer, Jol deserves a crack at this season at least, if this happened this time next season i'd partly understand, but now, the timing is as terrible as you can possibly get.

From the sounds of things, Spurs hired an unofficial go between, such that they could deny all knowledge if it came out.

If true however, Jol could probably resign AND get severance pay.

VERY hard to prove, and if they've gone to those lengths even more so.

I doubt he'd take the risk of losing millions on that chance.

From the sounds of things, Spurs hired an unofficial go between, such that they could deny all knowledge if it came out.

If true however, Jol could probably resign AND get severance pay.

Three games into the season....This is insanity. Jol's treatement would merit compensation whether he walked or not I agree.

So much for the old 'planning' and DOF structure eh.  bluerazz.gif

So now Spurs are liars.

Based on this I think:

I don't know which one to believe, no-one here knows what's actually happened, its all conjecture.