Styles a hero?

Mowen

The referees association have really made a rod for their own back with this. Every time a ref makes a mistake in relation to a goal, there's going to be a call for them to be suspended.

A referee should only be dropped after demonstrating a pattern of incompetence. They shouldn't be punished for one error. Just because most managers behave like brats doesn't mean that the authorities should dance to their tune.

What we need is a new breed of referee, one who cannot be swayed by mass protests at decisions, one who is consistent in upholding the law no matter how many penalties or cards have already been given, one who doesn't care what people think of him.  We need Roboref. 

I think that David Elleray is probably the best referee the Premiership has had. 

A referee should only be dropped after demonstrating a pattern of incompetence. They shouldn't be punished for one error.

That is what's happened, he had a shocker apart from the penalty decision which was one of the worst decisions i've seen. He was giving Liverpool everything after the penalty and then he goes and books Essien until he realises what he's done and then claims he booked Terry..who he'd already booked a minute earlier. He lost it pure and simple.

When we played Liverpool on the first day of the season, Gerrard got that flaky free kick in the last minute from which he scored. In absolutely no way whatsover was it a free kick, he gave it as a result of Gerrard's whingeing. Gerrard conned the referee.

Media reaction? Ah well, Liverpool deserved to win anyway. Gerrard's reaction? "Over the course of the season these things even out".

So, fast forward one week .... Chelsea get dodgy pen at the expense of Liverpool. Gerrard's reaction? Clearly not from the 'these things even out' school of the week before. The media's reaction? Hysteria.

Gerrard is a c***. The media are c***s. Fact.

:rolleyes:  someones bitter (don't balme you tbh)... but yeah you're absolutely right did the official at the villa game have this kind of scathing media barrage? no. shocking iyam

What we need is a new breed of referee, one who cannot be swayed by mass protests at decisions, one who is consistent in upholding the law no matter how many penalties or cards have already been given, one who doesn't care what people think of him.  We need Roboref. 

I think that David Elleray is probably the best referee the Premiership has had. 

What we need is a new breed of players, a breed that don't cheat, don't protest in mass at decisions against them and respect the fucking referee. The perfect ref doesn't and won't exist - the better treatment they get the better they'll become.

What we need is a new breed of players, a breed that don't cheat, don't protest in mass at decisions against them and respect the f****** referee. The perfect ref doesn't and won't exist - the better treatment they get the better they'll become.

Kinda stepping on my toes there Mowen.  I wasn't genuinely implying that we need to develop some form of half machine-half human super official.  Although, in an ideal world,...

Players from foreign leagues should be allowed to referee games in other countries. They should be vetted pschologically, required to speak the langauage and paid an increased sum on the basis of performance.

This gets round the question of bias and i bet you all the money in the world spackas like Andy Gray would change their tune.

The refereeing error which allowed Sunderland's equaliser against Birmingham to stand last week was more blatant than Styles error but hardly a squeak was heard about it. Is it another example of it only being important if it involves the high profile "big four" teams.

I don't suppose the ref at Birmingham had to step down at the weekend did he ?

The refereeing error which allowed Sunderland's equaliser against Birmingham to stand last week was more blatant than Styles error but hardly a squeak was heard about it. Is it another example of it only being important if it involves the high profile "big four" teams.

Not just that but the mackems had a nailed on penalty turned down.

Despite a complete lack of any form of medical training, Gray often likes to diagnose onfield injuries from his commentary position high in the stand and offer a prognosis regarding the period of absence for the injured player in question. The most memorable example of this occurred when Chelsea faced Newcastle in a 5th round FA Cup match at St. James's Park in 2005. After a nasty looking collision left Wayne Bridge requiring lengthy treatment early in the 2nd half Gray leapt at the opportunity to display his erudition: "It's an impact injury, Martin" he confidently declared, "It'll hurt; it'll hurt alright but it's nothing serious. He'll be back in a week I should think. 10 days, tops."

It soon transpired that Bridge had in fact broken his ankle and wouldn't play again for another 10 months.

:lol:

Nowhere near as bad a decision from where the ref was and the keeper wouldnt have got to it anyway.

Not just that but the mackems had a nailed on penalty turned down.

And Wigan had 3 definite ones turned down on Saturday as the macums defended like the Keystone cops.

A 6-0 defeat and 5 penalties - now that would have been something to laugh at.

Nowhere near as bad a decision from where the ref was and the keeper wouldnt have got to it anyway.

The last bit is true but completely irrelevent as to whether or not it was a foul.

Guest maddog2

3 pages and no one has said anything on how given when a stonewall decision goes against Chelski - they have 4-5 players surrounding and abusing the referee.

Cunts. Twats. And then that dickhead Mourinho has the gall to call his team "pure and naive". Mellow, my arse... he is one of the biggest cheating scumbag manager.

Guest Ridzuan

3 pages and no one has said anything on how given when a stonewall decision goes against Chelski - they have 4-5 players surrounding and abusing the referee.

c***s. Twats. And then that dickhead Mourinho has the gall to call his team "pure and naive". Mellow, my arse... he is one of the biggest cheating scumbag manager.

How can you say that? Mourinho is a great manager who has never cheated or ask any of his players to do so.Yes I admit some of the players might cheat before,but I dont think that he instructed them to do so.And as for the penalty,it was totally the referees fault.The chelsea players didnt expect to be given the penalty but it was given and there was nothing they could do about it.

c***s. Twats. And then that dickhead Mourinho has the gall to call his team "pure and naive". Mellow, my arse... he is one of the biggest cheating scumbag manager.

How can you say that? Mourinho is a great manager who has never cheated or ask any of his players to do so.Yes I admit some of the players might cheat before,but I dont think that he instructed them to do so.

I strongly believe he does... his comments about his team never diving and being too innocent, are typical hypocrisy from him. The man has no class.

Guest Ridzuan

How can you say that? Mourinho is a great manager who has never cheated or ask any of his players to do so.Yes I admit some of the players might cheat before,but I dont think that he instructed them to do so.

I strongly believe he does... his comments about his team never diving and being too innocent, are typical hypocrisy from him. The man has no class.

Well,its only right for him to protect his players from any criticism.Other players from other teams have done the same thing before but I never hear their manager coming out and say that there are divers in their team whatsoever.

Name a top manager who does, when it coems to protecting his team/lambasting others.