Do you trust Mike Ashley?

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The last thing this club needs is uncertainty, we've had it at just about every level for over 40 years now, and is one of the major reasons why we're so unpredictable as a club, or blow hot and cold. If we can get 10 good years out of Ashley I'd be happy, delighted even, because I think he'd do everything within reason to make a huge success of the club, but 5 years, figures like that? Sorry but that's of no use to Newcastle United Football Club and that will always be a concern for me, while he's the owner I suppose.

Why is that a concern while he's the owner?  Who's suggested "figures like 5 years"?

quoted as saying he has a 5 year plan for the club.. in which we'll be in the champs league.

That said, i have no reason not to trust him

Link?

Took me ages because it's old as f*ck but heres an extract from an article:

"Ashley is also expected to talk about his plans and ambitions for the club once he has reached the 90% ownership target. Initial suggestions were that he wanted the Magpies to be able to win the Premiership League Title within three years and be competing for the European Champions League within five years. That is a very aggressive plan to say the least"

heres the link if you want it.      http://nufcblog.com/mike-ashley-gets-closer-to-taking-newcastle-united-private/

It's on nufcblog, it might as well be written in stone as far as I'm concerned. 100% nailed on.

knew somebody would have a dig.. he asked for a link and thats the only place i could find it... there were some direct quotes from the big man's representatives, but since its been ages the story's problaby long gone.

Not questioning his intentions.. just responding

That's the thing, I don't believe there were. "A club insider" or "a source close to Ashley" is not enough. If these people don't have names, they probably don't exist. Unless Chris Mort has said it, I'll take with a huge pinch of salt.

That is the same way Sports Direct insiders get quoted in the financial press though.

No, you shut up!

Doesnt mean his PR always ties up with his intentions. Talk at the time of the takeover was all aimed at us in one big successful campaign. Whats important are the continuing cynical voices demanding evidence of intentions.

Local television here before Saturday's game likened him to Howard Hughes and we all know how important the Spruce Goose was to Howard.

I do trust him the main reason for this is I think he can sell this club in 4  to 5 years four times higher price than he can  now. Plus why he spen 30 mil only last week to sell it now? it doesn't make sense plus i think Ashley is in for a long run.

I do trust him the main reason for this is I think he can sell this club in 4  to 5 years four times higher price than he can  now. Plus why he spen 30 mil only last week to sell it now? it doesn't make sense plus i think Ashley is in for a long run.

based on what?

This question can not be answered by a straight yes or no.

Do I trust Ashley if he hangs on to the club ? Yes.

Do I think he would sell IF he has found the club to be in a MUCH worse state than he thought? Possibly - he's a businessman.

What I fear most is that he sells and the people buying the club do not intend to(or cannot because of the huge price they will pay)invest in it, and just want to toddle along like, say, Southampton used to and take advantage of the fans like FF did...also, we do NOT need amy more upheaval at this point.

In fact, I think Ashley will probably be MORE concerned about the difficulty we face in getting into the Top 4.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe that the Premier League bosses(and Scudamore confirmed this) are quite happy with the staus quo in England - they want more competitiveness in the Prem, but they don't want upstarts like NUFC breaking the mould.

Personally, I think the whole thing is dictated to by Sky - and they have shares in Man U and, don't forget,

the Mackems.....it was this fact that decided me to stop Sky when I was in the UK.

The NOTW bent over backwards to stitch up DSH & FS(although they were stupid enough to walk into the trap), and I reckon Murdoch's henchmen feared us as a rival to Man U at that time.

Look how the Sun constantly tries to unsettle players at NUFC & publishes anything negative about the Club they can dig up......

Ashley is no fool - he will know that Refs will give us a hard time(regardless of Viduka's performance on Saturday, it was obvious he got no change whatsoever from the Ref - watch for more of that...)and as a person who shuns publicity, he will get fed up of the media's constant prying & sniping,even though he should have expected it.

If someone offered him enough in the circumstances I described, you can imagine that he might be tempted to take it...

I hope he hangs on out of cussedness, and decides to take all the b-------ds on by making the club into what we all know it could be.

This question can not be answered by a straight yes or no.

Do I trust Ashley if he hangs on to the club ? Yes.

Do I think he would sell IF he has found the club to be in a MUCH worse state than he thought? Possibly - he's a businessman.

What I fear most is that he sells and the people buying the club do not intend to(or cannot because of the huge price they will pay)invest in it, and just want to toddle along like, say, Southampton used to and take advantage of the fans like FF did...also, we do NOT need amy more upheaval at this point.

In fact, I think Ashley will probably be MORE concerned about the difficulty we face in getting into the Top 4.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe that the Premier League bosses(and Scudamore confirmed this) are quite happy with the staus quo in England - they want more competitiveness in the Prem, but they don't want upstarts like NUFC breaking the mould.

Personally, I think the whole thing is dictated to by Sky - and they have shares in Man U and, don't forget,

the Mackems.....it was this fact that decided me to stop Sky when I was in the UK.

The NOTW bent over backwards to stitch up DSH & FS(although they were stupid enough to walk into the trap), and I reckon Murdoch's henchmen feared us as a rival to Man U at that time.

Look how the Sun constantly tries to unsettle players at NUFC & publishes anything negative about the Club they can dig up......

Ashley is no fool - he will know that Refs will give us a hard time(regardless of Viduka's performance on Saturday, it was obvious he got no change whatsoever from the Ref - watch for more of that...)and as a person who shuns publicity, he will get fed up of the media's constant prying & sniping,even though he should have expected it.

If someone offered him enough in the circumstances I described, you can imagine that he might be tempted to take it...

I hope he hangs on out of cussedness, and decides to take all the b-------ds on by making the club into what we all know it could be.

Come on now. We need to break into the top 6 first!

As for the referees, fans of EVERY club think they are hard done by, and really none are to any great degree. We're not given worse treatment than any other club overall.

Ashley is no fool - he will know that Refs will give us a hard time(regardless of Viduka's performance on Saturday, it was obvious he got no change whatsoever from the Ref - watch for more of that...)

Ashley may not be a fool, but you are if you think the ref was biased against us Vs Villa based on some premier league/Sky conspiracy theory.

I like the sound of Mort, seems a nice bloke. How can anyone say they trust/don't trust Ashley when we've not heard anything from him and have 1 picture of him sat at his desk to base it on?!

I like the sound of Mort, seems a nice bloke. How can anyone say they trust/don't trust Ashley when we've not heard anything from him and have 1 picture of him sat at his desk to base it on?!

In that context, how can you say Mort seems like a nice bloke? Isn't that based on just as little?

Ashley is no fool - he will know that Refs will give us a hard time(regardless of Viduka's performance on Saturday, it was obvious he got no change whatsoever from the Ref - watch for more of that...)

Ashley may not be a fool, but you are if you think the ref was biased against us Vs Villa based on some premier league/Sky conspiracy theory.

Just wait until the end of the season and then make your judgment.

If you think everything in Football(like Politics) is whiter than white, then YOU are the fool..

In the case of Saturday's ref, were you there back in 1999 when Shearer was sent off in the same fixture?

Even the Villa defenders were gobsmacked. There may be no comparison between the two refs, but who knows whether he had previously had a bust-up with Viduka ? All these things enter the issue.

There is an old saying which goes along the lines that ' Good men should believe that anything is possible of evil men'....

And - money talks...

I don't trust him, i don't know him, people don't earn my trust that easily. But i trust him to do a good financial job while here, as that's what he's good at, and he's had previous experience doing so.

He'll not be here forever, but as long as he moves the club forward i don't care how long that period is. If he makes money along the way, great. It means were getting it right.

Just wait until the end of the season and then make your judgment.

If you think everything in Football(like Politics) is whiter than white, then YOU are the fool..

In the case of Saturday's ref, were you there back in 1999 when Shearer was sent off in the same fixture?

Even the Villa defenders were gobsmacked. There may be no comparison between the two refs, but who knows whether he had previously had a bust-up with Viduka ? All these things enter the issue.

There is an old saying which goes along the lines that ' Good men should believe that anything is possible of evil men'....

And - money talks...

But you've already made and stated YOUR judgement - why shoudl anyone else wait and see????

My take on it is this:

If I were a successful businessman and had a billion in my back pocket I would also be able to see the potential money stream that this club could make as an investment. I would also be able to see large amounts of TV money being thrown my way and would think: All I need to do is invest in this club (what doesn't further our debt>) and make it successful and thereafter to make money or I can wait for a year or so and make 50 million when some other person wants to buy it without all of the hassle.

So for the record I do trust him...

Guest Magpiecn

I dont trust him.Why should I trust a stranger?I just hope he can run a good business and put enough money into the transfer window.