Smith and Owen to start together upfront against Germany

OzzieMandias

Fuck England, but if Owen comes through the game unscathed, and closer to match fitness which would be of benefit to us, I'll be happy.

i don't understand or agree with the "fuck England" thing, but i agree with the benefit to us.

Agreed. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Hope the FA's insurance is paid up.

'lil Mikey will come on dressed in one of those inflatable sumo suits, flanked by minders.

Doin' 'is best fat freddy impersonation!

Personally I hope Owen plays the match of his life for England tonight, Ferguson then decides he's what Man U really need and blunders in with a 9m pound bid that we get to rip his hand off for - well we can dream can't we.

Personally I hope Owen plays the match of his life for England tonight, Ferguson then decides he's what Man U really need and blunders in with a 9m pound bid that we get to rip his hand off for - well we can dream can't we.

O0

And we go into the rest of the season with one striker capable of playing off Viduka and a very inconsistent one at that. Great ©.

Guest Ridzuan

The good thing about the news is that we can see if they can work together well up front which I certainly hope so but the bad thing is that the possibilities of one or both of them getting injured is there,but lets hope they wont suffer any injuries,Owen in particular.

And we go into the rest of the season with one striker capable of playing off Viduka and a very inconsistent one at that. Great ©.

But Alex, we've still got until Friday next week.

Good news IMO

Gives us a chance to if they can work well together, outside of a game that could mean something to us.

Injury is the obvious risk, but IF they look crap together at least we won't be finding that out in a league game that does matter.

Fuck England, but if Owen comes through the game unscathed, and closer to match fitness which would be of benefit to us, I'll be happy.

i don't understand or agree with the "fuck England" thing, but i agree with the benefit to us.

I don't give a toss about England. I'm from the People's Republic of Geordieland and I support NUFC.

England is a distraction that usually hinders NUFC, perhaps on this occasion we might derive some benefit from it but I doubt it.

I don't give a toss about England. I'm from the People's Republic of Geordieland and I support NUFC.

England is a distraction that usually hinders NUFC, perhaps on this occasion we might derive some benefit from it but I doubt it.

I come from Newcastle, so i support Newcastle. I therefore also come from England, so i support England. I don't see any element of conflict in supporting both. Maybe one day, when Newcastle are in the World Cup, i'll have to choose. Until then, they are both my teams.

There isn't any conflict for me either. I'd rather Newcastle won, say the FA Cup (or better - unlikely, I know), than England winning something (if we're having to choose) but I'd probably take England winning something than Newcastle just having a good season or possibly winning the League Cup. When England are playing (competitively) I really want them to win. Just like Newcastle.

I currently do not give a shit about England.

If NUFC were performing and were competitive at the top of the league then i could divide my footballing attention to the NT. But as it stands NUFC provide enough misery to my life than to have to worry about England under Steve McClaren. Anyone who does is on a hiding to nothing.

I only like the England games as it brings misery on Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal supporters. Were all in the same boat, but i just like to see them squirm, its below bothering me in the slightest. ATM the England team is a good excuse for the nation to whinge, its great, its laughable.  :lol:

From my point of view, I don't have a choice. I care about England and NUFC whether I want to or not. I care more about the Toon but I think most football fans are more bothered about their club doing well.

From my point of view, I don't have a choice. I care about England and NUFC whether I want to or not. I care more about the Toon but I think most football fans are more bothered about their club doing well.

(Its just dawned on me)

Am saying the above sitting in an England top, how ironic.

mackems.gif

(Its just dawned on me)

mackems.gif

You tit :laugh: ;)

(Its just dawned on me)

mackems.gif

You tit :laugh: ;)

Aye.  ;D