-
Posts
2,460 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by nbthree3
-
Back to the Magedia https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bbc-newcastle.1575110/ Does nobody else think we are being sold short by our Regional BBC Radio Station. Newcastle fans can listen to every game on the premium FM network. We get FM when nufc and nufc u23s are not playing. We are told there are ways to listen to the SAFC games by DAB and TV 719. If this is such a good alternative why don't nufc fans have to do this? And another reply Not just radio, but our friends at Look North also. On a Monday they show interviews with Howe and Wilder and then we are afforded exactly the same air time as Hartlepool, Harrogate etc, with all due respect we are the joint biggest club in the region but we're nothing but a lower league afterthought. You can bet your bottom dollar if it had been the mags in our position they wouldn't be getting treat like second class citizens.
-
https://www.ft.com/content/85584dae-10db-44dd-a922-e94047ce8606?shareType=nongift "The bid from Saudi Media Group was not competitive and relied heavily on debt financing, an unattractive prospect for the club, one person with knowledge of the situation said."
-
Saudis out of the running
-
Women's football is only on the rise and there's lots of expansion growth in the future. Great time to get on the wave and start something inspiring that future generations can get onboard
-
We're in Division One North (4th level) this year meaning promotion is to the Northern Premier Division (3rd level), Sunderland are in the Women's Championship (2nd level) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_football_in_England#Pyramid
-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10635879/Newcastle-draw-list-goalkeeper-targets-including-Kepa-Arrizabalaga-Dean-Henderson.html Newcastle United have drawn up a list of goalkeeper targets for the summer that includes Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga and Manchester United's Dean Henderson. Number one Martin Dubravka has been one of the club's most consistent performers but Newcastle want increased competition across key areas ahead of next season as they build their new project. Results under Eddie Howe in recent weeks mean they are on target to secure Premier League safety and they will hold a recruitment meeting at the end of this month to ascertain priority positions for the manager. Work is already under way with Arrizabalaga and Henderson under consideration along with Arsenal's Bernd Leno and West Bromwich Albion's Sam Johnstone. Newcastle will want to strengthen in midfield and attack too with the likes of Leeds' Kalvin Phillips, Yves Bissouma of Brighton, Bayer Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby and Brennan Johnson of Nottingham Forest among the other names being discussed next week.
-
Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)
nbthree3 replied to Fantail Breeze's topic in Football
Taking the Sunderland friendship a bit far now -
Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)
nbthree3 replied to Fantail Breeze's topic in Football
Same team that they played in February more or less - if they fancy bringing Rafa back for a one-off I'm ok with that? -
Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)
nbthree3 replied to Fantail Breeze's topic in Football
-
https://news.sky.com/story/government-seeks-to-finalise-sovereign-investment-deal-with-saudi-arabia-12566809 The government is closing in on a multibillion pound investment deal with Saudi Arabia that would provide a backdrop to crucial talks on the Gulf state's oil production. Sky News understands that ministers have been working for weeks to finalise a new sovereign investment partnership (SIP) with Riyadh that would replicate a £10bn alliance unveiled with an Abu Dhabi state investment fund last year. If the alliance follows the model used in Abu Dhabi, it would utilise Saudi's main sovereign wealth vehicle, the Public Investment Fund, which is now best-known in Britain as the owner of Newcastle United Football Club. The SIP with Mubadala, which is jointly run by the government's Office for Investment, earmarked billions of pounds for investment in sectors including technology, energy transition and life sciences.
-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-60744515 Addressing the Commons, Mr Amesbury said: "Is the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund a right and proper and fit for purpose owner of Newcastle United?" Ms Milling replied: "The Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund is a significant investor, having invested billions in the UK and other western markets, it operates across a range of sectors. "We welcome the purchase of Newcastle United, a sign that the UK remains a great place to invest." Labour's Chi Onwurah who represents Newcastle upon Tyne Central, said: "I think it's important to say that in utterly condemning this atrocious, horrific massacre, I speak for many of my constituents and Newcastle United fans. "Does the minister agree with me that whereas football fans have no control or influence over the ownership of their beloved clubs and especially in a Premier League awash with dirty money, the UK government has both control and influence in who it trades with and who it engages with? "Will she tell us what she is going to do with that control and influence?" Ms Milling replied: "With regards to Newcastle United, we've never had a role at any point in the club's prospective takeover and this has been a commercial matter for the Premier League." The Premier League said Newcastle's owners proved suitable separation from the Saudi state before the buy out.
-
Over 150 individuals and groups have made contact with Raine, the New York-based merchant bank, and a bid between £2billion and £2.5bn has been made by the Todd Boehly-led group. It is also understood there has been firm interest from the Ricketts family and Woody Johnson, owner of the New York Jets. There is still time for new parties to come forward with a bid and Candy, who was at Stamford Bridge on Sunday to watch Chelsea beat Newcastle United, is still planning to make an offer of his own before the deadline that was pushed back from the original date of Tuesday. Sources close to Candy claim he has been approached by a number of investors keen to partner with him and that there will be no shortage of capital from which he can make a bid. On Monday, the 49-year-old was said to be working out who the best partners would be to commit to working with. Telegraph Sport revealed on Sunday that, while Antony Ressler is not expected to make his own offer for Chelsea, his investment company, Ares Management, has offered to provide some funding for groups bidding for the European champions. Chelsea’s need for a quick deal, among other things, places doubt over a claim that a £2.7billion bid has been tabled by the Saudi Media Group, involving a private consortium fronted by Mohamed Alkhereiji who claims to have no Government links despite being pictured on several occasions with crown prince Mohammed bin Salman. Quickly picking through any Saudi-based consortium is rated by those close to the Chelsea sale as being extremely difficult with any bidder needing approval from Raine, the UK Government and the Premier League. The Ricketts family have come under fire in Chicago, where they own the Cubs baseball team, for their reported interest in buying Chelsea. An article in the Chicago Sun-Times, the second biggest newspaper in Chicago, hit out at the Ricketts family, accusing them of making excuses for failing to invest in the Cubs.
-
Staveley brought PIF to Newcastle not the other way round so I imagine the consortium are happy with us seeing as they bought into the vision years back
-
Some have convinced themselves PIF will sell us because Chelsea are a bigger brand for the Saudis, it doesn't matter much for us beyond probably wanting to be better than them
-
Read these replies... the Saudi flags, the universal begging for it to happen. Just like with us
-
Newcastle's relevance nationally is the Saudi-majority ownership so it's expected that things like this comes up. Not that there's anything wrong with raising the rightful rights concerns like in the other thread
-
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-transfer-news-darwin-nunez-1514638?ITO=newsnow As revealed in i in January, Benfica’s Darwin Nunez is a prime target for the Magpies. They were quoted around £50million for the player in January but it may now take closer to £60million to lure the Manchester United target from the Stadium of Light. Newcastle also have an agreement with Aston Villa over Matty Targett, who has impressed on loan, and hope to return for Lille’s Sven Botman. High-profile free agents are also being scrutinised. The blueprint will remain high calibre players capable of growing with the club with a premium placed on character.
-
-
Howe's Bournemouth were quite good at times against Chelsea - 2018 they won 3-0, 2019 they won 4-0 and 1-0 and drew 2-2 in 2020. Rest were defeats (7, they played 12 in 5 years)