Boro Vs Newcastle Line up and predictions

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry if its been mentioned but is Enrique starting this match?

Has Sam mentioned him at all?

Really want to see him play and get stuck in like a bull >:D

Me too. I hope he gets the start.

Much, much rather he waited for Barnsley. Pointless risk starting him against Boro - there's no need. Be better for the lad himself n'all.

Can't see Enrique starting or even coming off the bench unless there's an injury, and even in that case both Carr looked 'ok' at LB towards the end of last season and Cacapa is much nearer to being ready for a starting place.

Still think Zoggy is needed on the left of midfield becuase of our lack of creativity/pace/counter attacking ability in the final 3rd but that would mean 4-4-2 which isn't going to happen.

Be VERY suprised if Enrique doesn't start on Wednesday.

Can't see Enrique starting or even coming off the bench unless there's an injury, and even in that case both Carr looked 'ok' at LB towards the end of last season and Cacapa is much nearer to being ready for a starting place.

Still think Zoggy is needed on the left of midfield becuase of our lack of creativity/pace/counter attacking ability in the final 3rd but that would mean 4-4-2 which isn't going to happen.

Long term - no question, N'Zogbia's a left-winger; fully agree.

The problem with N'Zogbia is a player like him is wasted at LB in our team atm because his flair and creative ability is wasted as he has to focus on defending. When Enrique finally does break into the team, will N'Zogbia fit into an Allardyce 4-3-3?

I mean there's no doubt, especially with Duff's absence, that in a 4-4-2 N'Zogbia would fill the LW gap, but the liklihood is we'll be sticking to a 4-3-3 more often than not and while I think Zoggy would easily fit into the 3 man midfield, I don't know if Allardyce has other plans.

IMO it would be*

Given

Solano   Taylor Rozenhal   Enrique

Milner Geremi   N'Zogbia

Smith Viduka Martins/Owen

The reason I switched Smith and Milner is because I think it's definitely needed. We lack so much creativity with Geremi, Butt and Smith in the centre of the park - that midfield just screams boring and lack of pace. By sticking Milner and N'Zogbia or just N'Zogbia in there, the midfield becomes a bit more open and forward thinking rather than simply sticking to the back. Perhaps switch Milner and Smith and keep N'Zogbia in midfield - I think however Smith is a much more effective forward than he is a central midfielder.

*Note: this is Premiership in general, not tomorrow afternoon

if its too much of a risk playing him in a match then, christ why'd we buy him?.. hes a footballer not a child and not giving him any games, especially for a hot young prospect, will seriously diminish his confidence. Throw him in, baptism by fire i say- i mean its doubtful sam would buy a player he doesnt think can cope.. not playing him at anytime during the match would be criminal.

if its too much of a risk playing him in a match then, christ why'd we buy him?.. hes a footballer not a child and not giving him any games, especially for a hot young prospect, will seriously diminish his confidence. Throw him in, baptism by fire i say- i mean its doubtful sam would buy a player he doesnt think can cope.. not playing him at anytime during the match would be criminal.

You do realise he's a fortnight behind the other players in terms of fitness?

I can't wait until after the initial 5-6 matches of the season have passed because hopefully our fitness levels will be up there and thats when the new players are more in contention.

We'll just have to be patient with potential niggling injuries until then  :-*

You do realise he's a fortnight behind the other players in terms of fitness?

oh right...  <recollects himself>  should be training twice as hard. no excuse      :rant:

Same team again. If it happens, does anybody know the answer to this: when was the last time we had three consecutive matches with the same starting eleven in all of them!?

I bet nobody can be arsed to answer that/knows the answer - and I'm not going looking myself either ???

I'd pop Solano on the bench for Ramage, if he's in the "right mind" - if not, then why not slot Enrique in to give him a taste of being involved in a matchday squad pre-Barnsley?

If I can be my usual positive self, it does bode well on the injury front and might be another pointer to this football club heading in the right direction after the mess of the previous few years. Cue another bout of pre-Riverside pinkeye overnight. :undecided:

Guest Mayor Steve

If we play 4-3-3 I'm off to support Blackburn.

I don't care what formation we play as long as we get the three points.

i've been working with a boro ST holder and he reckons theres a bit extra bite about todays game due to viduka and smith (he reckons they were soooo close to getting him,rather than "he dismissed yis ootahnd man")but it's tempered by the fear we may do them badly due to woodgate/huth being out.

Guest Mayor Steve

I'd rather get beat 4-3 with 4-4-2 than win 1-0 with  4-3-3

Really. Not me. I'll take points over style anytime.

Guest Mayor Steve

I'd rather get beat 4-3 with 4-4-2 than win 1-0 with  4-3-3

Really. Not me. I'll take points over style anytime.

why cant 4-3-3 be played with style ?

It can. I was more responding to the score line. 4-3 loss as opposed to a 1-0 win.

Yeah it can if you have 2 good wingers and a strong, quick centre forward. We don't have any of these.

or 2 clever incisive forwards and a clever central man,which we have.

wingers were nice to watch and their time may come again but hitting the by line to cross for a forwards head is history for the time being

even more history,maybe we are looking for inside forwards

Yeah it can if you have 2 good wingers and a strong, quick centre forward. We don't have any of these.

or 2 clever incisive forwards and a clever central man,which we have.

wingers were nice to watch and their time may come again but hitting the by line to cross for a forwards head is history for the time being

even more history,maybe we are looking for inside forwards

History? Chelsea won the league with pacey wingers and a powerfull centre half.

I agree with your point about clever forwards and a clever central man, but Oba has raw ability, I like the bloke, but he really doesn't have a footballing brain. Milner, is just an average premierleague player, overated due to nationality and his age, and I think he would be FAR better suited as a centre mid, as  his passing and shooting ability would be better utilized than his 1/4 good crosses and his lack of pace.

Owen is a predator, just because he has pace doesn't mean he can play on the wing, he is world class in the 6 yard box, and its where he should be, or in the treatment room.

After watching Bolton today Diouf and Anelka showed how wingers should play, they didn't waste time getting into the box and/or putting a ball across the box.