Well done the board of Newcastle United

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest terry

im glad duffs here of course. but i refuse to praise ff until our SQUAD is complete with solid cover in all positions and can cope with injuries many games etc... why else did we struggle so much last year... because we bought 4 damien duffs (luque owen parker emre) that crippled the wage and transfer budget and we had poor cover in most positions.

he still has long way to go this summer before i even achknowledge his work.

Guest terry

Crippled? Hardly.

so if it wasn't crippled where were all the cover/squad players?

we gambled that years money/budget on 4 players and it blew up. that money could have bought 5,6 even 7 or 8 decent players and we'd of had a much more solid successful season even under souness i might guess bluelaugh.gif

Guest The Fox

The Board have made a good signing, just as they made a bad signing in Boumsong, so lets not go overboard.

Lets hope there is more quality on the way.

im glad duffs here of course. but i refuse to praise ff until our SQUAD is complete with solid cover in all positions and can cope with injuries many games etc... why else did we struggle so much last year... because we bought 4 damien duffs (luque owen parker emre) that crippled the wage and transfer budget and we had poor cover in most positions.

Luque = owen = parker = emre = Duff, = mong.

Maths was always my strong point.

I love the way people speculate and then about 2-3 pages later they use it as fact.

Spurs are just bitter and saying he wanted £2m-£3m signing on fee and Spurs aint gonna give in to such high demands when Davids was given about £3m-£4m when he signed. Liverpool were the same last season when Owen signed, Remember they were spouting shit about a clause.

If Duff is on £100k a week good on him, I wish i was on the same but IMO i think he's on about £60k a week with assist and goal bonuses.

Some Spurs fans just got there hopes up and when Newcastle got him they couldnt sleep at night so they have to believe lies

Guest Micktoon

If you fell in a barrel of tits you come oot sucking ya thumb. One decent signing in and maybe more to come, fuck me some folk just want to be miserable fucks for the sake of it.

If you fell in a barrel of tits you come oot sucking ya thumb. One decent signing in and maybe more to come, **** me some folk just want to be miserable fucks for the sake of it.

Agreed!

Guest terry

If you fell in a barrel of tits you come oot sucking ya thumb. One decent signing in and maybe more to come, **** me some folk just want to be miserable fucks for the sake of it.

Agreed!

another two mugs who are happy with another trophy signing. im holding out for squad improvements so we dont come up short again in all departments like last season.

hopefully ff sees a slightly bigger picture than likes of you.

Guest Micktoon

Agreed!

another two mugs who are happy with another trophy signing. im holding out for squad improvements so we dont come up short again in all departments like last season.

In response to your question of why did we struggle last year, i feel it neccesary to point you in the direction of a certain Scottish retard by the name of Souness, he like you blamed the injuries. As for claiming i'm a mug???? Why because i'm pleased for the moment, we just got passed an intertoto banana skin, we just made our first quality signing, yes i'm chuffed at how things are going. I'm not blinded by the fact that we need to strenghten further, that my dear boy is blatantly fucking obvious.

So why don't you toddle off and continue sticking pins in your eyes.

Guest terry

Agreed!

In response to your question of why did we struggle last year, i feel it neccesary to point you in the direction of a certain Scottish retard by the name of Souness, he like you blamed the injuries. As for claiming i'm a mug???? Why because i'm pleased for the moment, we just got passed an intertoto banana skin, we just made our first quality signing, yes i'm chuffed at how things are going. I'm not blinded by the fact that we need to strenghten further, that my dear boy is blatantly fucking obvious.

So why don't you toddle off and continue sticking pins in your eyes.

your an angry man. you normally are on here. i suggest you take your own advice.

Agreed!

I do feel a mug being happy at spending £5m on an average player like Duff.

I hang my head in shame!

Signing Duff for 5m, well that's just insane, a great peice of business, so well done the board  bluebigeek.gif  :thup:

I'm sure in a month or so when we don't spend another years budget for most other clubs plenty of people will be complaining about having no confidence in the board again.

Quite amazing the transformation from a period in the past when we lost 3 local lads to Spurs and Liverpool , now we sign a quality player who turns both those clubs down.

I'm sure the irony will be lost on almost everybody.

There really are some knobs here, aren't there...  :roll:

With the likes of Shearer and Bowyer off the payroll, pressure has eased on the wage budget - I'm sure it's still above that magical 50% turnover figure, but movement is being made in the right direction. (and with the likes of Luque and Boumsong potentially on their way out this can only improve)

What world-class player (or international class if you want to be pedantic) won't demand/expect a healthy signing on fee? Does anyone think, for example, Rosicky didn't get a fat wedge for signing on the dotted line?

5m quid for one of the best wingers in the league, and people still want to complain? What would make you happy?!?

Yes, there are still positions to be filled - and still more than a month to fill them!

If we signed Ronaldihno on a free for 1k p/w some of you would find cause for complaint.

Signing Duff for 5m, well that's just insane, a great peice of business, so well done the board  bluebigeek.gif  :thup:

I'm sure in a month or so when we don't spend another years budget for most other clubs plenty of people will be complaining about having no confidence in the board again.

Quite amazing the transformation from a period in the past when we lost 3 local lads to Spurs and Liverpool , now we sign a quality player who turns both those clubs down.

I'm sure the irony will be lost on almost everybody.

It would appear that nobody, including Grass, seems to wish to respond to this either, just like the thread about the board. Why not ?

There really are some knobs here, aren't there...  :roll:

With the likes of Shearer and Bowyer off the payroll, pressure has eased on the wage budget - I'm sure it's still above that magical 50% turnover figure, but movement is being made in the right direction. (and with the likes of Luque and Boumsong potentially on their way out this can only improve)

What world-class player (or international class if you want to be pedantic) won't demand/expect a healthy signing on fee? Does anyone think, for example, Rosicky didn't get a fat wedge for signing on the dotted line?

5m quid for one of the best wingers in the league, and people still want to complain? What would make you happy?!?

Yes, there are still positions to be filled - and still more than a month to fill them!

If we signed Ronaldihno on a free for 1k p/w some of you would find cause for complaint.

Fantastic post.

NE5, has it not occurred to you that people are unhappy with the board overall, but are impressed with this bit of business hence the existence of this thread and the posts within it?

What exactly are you after? A sticker saying 'I win!' on it?

NE5, has it not occurred to you that people are unhappy with the board overall, but are impressed with this bit of business hence the existence of this thread and the posts within it?

As I say, the 5th best in the country overall over a decade, 7 qualifications for europe, 2 FA Cup Finals, and the bringing to the club of quality England international footballers and other internationals is not to be sneezed at.

Facts.

If they are unhappy, they should look at other big city clubs like Everton, Man City, Sheff Wed, Villa, Wolves, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton, Leeds, Luton, Forest, Derby, Wimbledon, Oxford, Leicester, Ipswich, Norwich to name some. All of which are clubs that have won a domestic trophy since we did, and were above us for significant periods prior to Shepherd and Hall taking over the club and consolodating our status as having overtaken all these clubs, with the exception of Spurs, for now.

Fact.

If you don;t like this being pointed out because it doesn't suit you, it is nevertheless, fact. Set in stone and the record books.

Guest brightoon

"piece of pie", that's how pedants remember.  totally agree though.

NE5

More to the point, we have not finished in the top 5 for the last two years and the board have wasted money like there is no tomorrow.

I can well understand forum members dismay at the board although the Duff signing was a good piece of business. Lets hope this is the turnaround.

Guest The Fox

As I say, the 5th best in the country overall over a decade, 7 qualifications for europe, 2 FA Cup Finals, and the bringing to the club of quality England international footballers and other internationals is not to be sneezed at.

Facts.

If they are unhappy, they should look at other big city clubs like Everton, Man City, Sheff Wed, Villa, Wolves, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton, Leeds, Luton, Forest, Derby, Wimbledon, Oxford, Leicester, Ipswich, Norwich to name some. All of which are clubs that have won a domestic trophy since we did, and were above us for significant periods prior to Shepherd and Hall taking over the club and consolodating our status as having overtaken all these clubs, with the exception of Spurs, for now.

Fact.

If you don;t like this being pointed out because it doesn't suit you, it is nevertheless, fact. Set in stone and the record books.

Here is a prime example of settling for second best. Instead of quoting Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc, we get all the other clubs quoted.

In the list of what we have achieved is the standout fact, no trophies. 2 Cup Finals and two piss poor embarassing performances.

There is no reason whatsoever why we cannot be as big as Arsenal, Liverpool, Manu Utd.

Until this season our ground capacity was greater than Arsenal and Liverpools and therefore revenue generated matches if not betters theirs, however we are way behind the top 4 in terms of achievement and since Keegans time we have gone backwards in terms of league position.

I can therefore understand some people not being over enamoured by the Board. There are of course numerous reasons for this but what have turned out to be less than successful Managerial Appointments and wsating transfer money are pretty high on the list.

Lets hope they are about to get it right and there is icing on the cake, but one signing does not a season make and we need similar quality to Duff in others areas which Roeder is onviously aware of.

Lets not blow our trumpets until we have achieved success.

Guest bobjonson

Facts.

Fact.

Here is a prime example of settling for second best. Instead of quoting Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc, we get all the other clubs quoted.

In the list of what we have achieved is the standout fact, no trophies. 2 Cup Finals and two piss poor embarassing performances.

There is no reason whatsoever why we cannot be as big as Arsenal, Liverpool, Manu Utd.

Until this season our ground capacity was greater than Arsenal and Liverpools and therefore revenue generated matches if not betters theirs, however we are way behind the top 4 in terms of achievement and since Keegans time we have gone backwards in terms of league position.

I can therefore understand some people not being over enamoured by the Board. There are of course numerous reasons for this but what have turned out to be less than successful Managerial Appointments and wsating transfer money are pretty high on the list.

Lets hope they are about to get it right and there is icing on the cake, but one signing does not a season make and we need similar quality to Duff in others areas which Roeder is onviously aware of.

Lets not blow our trumpets until we have achieved success.

I think you've totally missed the point of NE5's post, tbh.

NE5

More to the point, we have not finished in the top 5 for the last two years and the board have wasted money like there is no tomorrow.

I can well understand forum members dismay at the board although the Duff signing was a good piece of business. Lets hope this is the turnaround.

Coming from someone who thinks the "tactically inept" Keegan was a failure  and finishing 15th 3 times in the 1970's was a "golden era" :lol: 

You could also confirm that this period of finishing 9th, 7th, 15th, 15th, 15th, 5th, then relegated in the 1970's was the result of the club building on the platform of winning the Fairs Cup as well ..... which of course it was, rather than continue qualifying for europe and becoming a bigger club too. Were you one of those fans who criticised Gordon Lee for building the team that jumped from 15th to 5th ?

I don't understand the forum members dismay at the board at all, everybody wants to be like Manu etc, its a shame that Newcastle fans expectations have been raised to such a degree by the Halls and Shepherd being much closer to them than we were for decades previously, they are also whinging on like Manu fans thinking they have a divine right to success. I never thought I would live to see such a day. No wonder the press constantly take the piss out of NUFC fans for bleating on about being deluded so often and cameras look for some pathetic idiot crying crocodile tears whenever something goes wrong.

Myself and some others are also pissed off at finishing 14th under Souness, unfortunately there are numerous members of this forum who harped on for ages that the club should back him and give him the money to build his own side. So if they think the board were dumb now to appoint Souness, why didn't they say so at the time and by taking the stance they did, must have been equally as dumb.