Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle - 26/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 18

Dave

"The stereotype has grounds, and it's not racial."

You talk some shit Grant :lol:

Making monkey noices and throwing bananas at black players probably has grounds too if they are from Africa. BECAUSE THERE ARE MONKEYS IN AFRICA :thup:

The stereotype has grounds, and it's not racial.  I wouldnt say it's really any worse than the sheep 'cuddler' thing directed at the welsh.

I'm sorry, but what were the grounds for calling Mido a terrorist? Can't we taunt him for being a sh*te football player and leave it at that?

At any rate, I can't wait to get Enrique in full time and move N'Zogbia back up to LM in a 4-4-2. It should work out a lot better.

I hope none of our fans complain to the police, stewards or FA regarding Mido. We fans have got to be willing to take the verbals if we give it.

If anyone's likely to complain it'll be Mido tbh. I was sat just a few seats away from an Asian lad who didn't know what do to with himself when the terrorist chants were aimed at Mido. The chants, after all, were purely down to the colour of his skin. Unless of course I've somehow missed the story about Mido being investigated by the police for making homemade roadside incenduary devices?

To be fair, i would say it's down to where he's from rather than the colour of his skin.  He's not just a Brit with middle eastern appearance, he is from a country known to be a terrorist hotspot, a country which the home office warn you about visiting.

I'm totally against racism, but i did not think that was bad - not that i was singing it.  There were a fair few singing that, but 'Mido is a paedo' was much louder.  I actually thought that was quite funny, and he must realise it was just because it rhymes.

I hate the 'packet of sweets...whoever is an Fing paedophile songs' etc., but i thought 'mido is a paedo' was much more light hearted and really didnt even expect him to be bothered by it.  It happened alot more because of his reaction too.

Erm, the 'hotspot' you describe has been through more bombings FROM terrorists than exporting terrorists, and they're not one of the hotspots Bush and Blair have had in mind when it comes to terrorism. So yes, the chants were ignorant, and yes, they WERE that bad, regardless if he was from Iraq, Iran or Guantanamo Bay (well, now that might be a bit more interesting).

I don't think they were racist though.  And they weren't really that ignorant, egypt has had a terrorism problem recently.  Of course that doesn't make mido a terrorist by any means, but he is from a terrorism hotspot.

The stereotype has grounds, and it's not racial.  I wouldnt say it's really any worse than the sheep 'cuddler' thing directed at the welsh.

I didnt join in with it, but i dont think it's anything to get upset about.

I think the paedophile chants are worse, and i'd have been strongly against the mido ones if it wasnt for the rhyming.

Some of the biggest crap ever written on this forum. Well done.

Guest Knightrider

Terrace banter, sure no-one really believes Mido is a terrorist or those chanting have racist convictions. Thought he looked very good btw, Mido. We could have done with his mobility and running up front to be honest. Not a bad player who will do well for them, before kicking up a stink about something and moving on. Again.

Terrace banter, sure no-one really believes Mido is a terrorist or those chanting have racist convictions. Thought he looked very good btw, Mido. We could have done with his mobility and running up front to be honest. Not a bad player who will do well for them, before kicking up a stink about something and moving on. Again.

I think the issue here is not how hurtful we think these chants were, or how harmless. It's people who're saying Mido overreacted upon hearnig them who should really consider that terrorism just *might* be a touchy issue for people from the Middle East or Egypt, and that being called one may just ignite a spark of anger that something like, say, "you're shit" won't.

Just a thought.

Boro were there for the taking imo and we coulden't capatlise at all, disapointed.

Harper7  good saves

Car 4 - seriously think he got injured because he knew he was being skinned

Taylor - 6 disapointing erorr for Mido's goal (and i'm a big fan usually) other than that good.

Roze - 7good

Zoggy 8 good display, good goal, needs to play further forward imo

Smith 6.5 good in parts went missing in others

Geremi 7 good enough game got back well, best of the midfield 3 imo

Butt 6.5 ok ish

Milner 7 constant threat unlucky with the penalty decision and got hacked to bits

Martins 7 see milner

Viduka 6  very good goal but other than that did sweet fa and would have got a rating of 3 otherwise

Ramage 6 ok

Cacapa 7.5 looked very very good in the short time he was on

Owen 5 didn't do much imo

Big Sam 6 - well we are still unbeaten and now look hard to beat, but car and viduka played and probably shoulden't have, this could have tippped the balance in our favour imo. Play a decent RB and drop the duke please sam, Owen or even shola would have created /scored more than Viduka.

Guest Knightrider

I think the issue here is not how hurtful we think these chants were, or how harmless. It's people who're saying Mido overreacted upon hearnig them who should really consider that terrorism just *might* be a touchy issue for people from the Middle East or Egypt, and that being called one may just ignite a spark of anger that something like, say, "you're shit" won't.

Just a thought.

Oh, I agree, if fans dish it out they should expect it back or shouldn't get pissed when it does happen. Mido was well within rights to "goad" those fans and I hope nothing happens to him or those chanting as football is already a lifeless sport in the main, to squeeze more out of it would be a sad thing in my opinion. More Cantona fly kicks and more terrace abuse please.

After this and the villa game, if we don't inject any real pace into that midfield! We can say bye bye to 6th place at the very least!

2 games i've watched on setanta and to of the most mind boggling boring football i've witnessed!

We looked a joke against villa and a f****** joke against so called strugglers!

Nothing has changed! Apart from maybe drawing as opposed to losing, but who in there right mind would even consider putting Ramage on?  :idiot2:

We are f***** if we don't sign anyone creative!  Smith was as shocking as i'd thought he'd turn out to be, when we signed him!

Was better watching football under roeder, FACT! i've never been as bored or less optimistic as i am right now, f****** 4-3-3 again? What did he think would happen!

Fuckwits!

Bit OTT there don't tou think since its only our 3rd game of the season.

Guest Knightrider

Regarding Boro, I thought they played very well, while we played very bad. We have a lot more in the tank and haven't even reached any kind of top form yet though where as you feel Boro's performance today was them at their best and if so, they will find it tough this season. Had Barton been in the middle, Zoggy on the flank and a fit Owen and Viduka up front, I think we'd have beaten them. Both their goals were poor ones from our point of view and our defending was very poor throughout. While the midfield was non creative whatsoever and the forwards lacked movement. Still some positive signs though and once everything falls into place and the players fully get to grips with things, we'll be OK. Although talk of the top 6 and even the top 4 are daft as there are better sides than us out there at current. Everton and Blackburn look very good and Man City have started well. Villa will be a tough outfit too, much like ourselves.

After this and the villa game, if we don't inject any real pace into that midfield! We can say bye bye to 6th place at the very least!

2 games i've watched on setanta and to of the most mind boggling boring football i've witnessed!

Nothing has changed! Apart from maybe drawing as opposed to losing, but who in there right mind would even consider putting Ramage on?  :idiot2:

We are f***** if we don't sign anyone creative!  Smith was as shocking as i'd thought he'd turn out to be, when we signed him!

Was better watching football under roeder, FACT! i've never been as bored or less optimistic as i am right now, f****** 4-3-3 again? What did he think would happen!

Fuckwits!

No idea why Allardyce even bothered asking for patience as he's not going to get it.

Guest MIKELMAN11

We need

A mobile striker - to stretch teams, someone who can also hold up the ball.

Barton back - who will give us drive forward from midfield.

Emre in - or to buy a playmaker to oil that midfield if you will.

Enrique to come in - so N'Zogbia can play further up, a ball carrier which we lack.

Ideally.

Sounds pretty good to me but then again you are the coach  blueyes.gif

If you chant shit like that you can't moan when the bloke you're chanting it at scores and takes the piss. It's what you were asking for really. You couldn't really hear it properly on the telly though.

Guest BooBoo

The Mido gags wre nothing more than good crack. Anyone spouting otherwise should go and take a subscription out to the Daily Mail.

:knuppel2:

Fuckwits!

Standard meesgeboard rules then?  If you say FACT it must be true -no offence but I hate it when people do that.

As for the roeder comment, it's laughable.  Ok we may have played a more attacking system (if you can call it a system) but I'd rather have a well organised, cohesive unit that has fight in them.  Last year we would have lost this game (as we did 1-0 if  i'm correct).  Ok its not the best football to watch but do you no agree wth my thinking in that allardyce want us to be solid first, then he will start developing our attacking unit.  We have all been crying out for someone to sort out the defence - he is doing that and it will take time but I will be happy when we are solid and I don't mind waiting 3/4 months for him to start emphasising the attack in training because at the end of the day it will take at least that if not a year to sort out our weak defence which has been poor for as long as I can remember (20 years+ I think).

If you chant shit like that you can't moan when the bloke you're chanting it at scores and takes the piss. It's what you were asking for really. You couldn't really hear it properly on the telly though.

Don't think anyone was complaining tbf. The terrorist stuff was pretty subdued and sparse, the paedo stuff though was very loud and very prolonged - not that that's a bad thing, it's just terrace wind ups and Mido took it in his stride and shut us up, just like Viduka did to them. Fair play to him.

The Mido gags wre nothing more than good crack. Anyone spouting otherwise should go and take a subscription out to the Daily Mail.

If they were calling him a 'terrorist' it was woeful crack if you ask me. Not that arsed about it, it's just not funny. He seemed canny arsed about it btw. Glad he got so fired up like. That helped us ;)

Don't think anyone was complaining tbf. The terrorist stuff was pretty subdued and sparse, the paedo stuff though was very loud and very prolonged - not that that's a bad thing, it's just terrace wind ups and Mido took it in his stride and shut us up, just like Viduka did to them. Fair play to him.

The paedo thing is fine, obviously, with it being Boro :razz:

The paedo thing is fine, obviously, with it being Boro :razz:

Exactly, I always look forward to it personally, all the Boro fans I know aren't bothered. Doubt Mido's up on his 1980's Teesside history like, he'll have just thought we were picking on him.

Mido - can't really blame him for his goal celebration tbh - I'd challenge anyone not to react when he's had to listen to: "Mido is a paedo", "Mido is a terrorist", "Mido, he's got a bomb you know" and "He's going to blow in a minute". Get ready for the racism accusations!

Is that true? Our travelling fans were chanting that? Well, I don't blame him either then.

It was a minority chanting the terrorist stuff but it was very audible.

Notice how the TV haven't picked up on him giving some of our fans the V sign. Quickly changed it to the huntington-esque "i cant hear you" thingy, when we went mental at him.

I thought he was just giving it the "shhhh" finger to the mouth sign tbh. Haven't seen it back on TV though.

Gave the V sign pretty clearly and then doing a wankers motion with his hands.

The Terrorist chants only started after he scored btw, although that doesnt justify them.

It's a funny old world mind when screaming "Paedo" at a bloke at the match is ok but wearing a dust mask is deemed too offensive.

Guest shaun11177

Any team that has to bring on the standard of player that is Ramage cant possibly qualify for Europe-thats not strength in depth thats a joke.

Also give Sam 100 lines-Smith is not a midfielder Smith is not a midfielder etc.

5 points from 3 games is acceptable but the tactics are no better than Roeder and this talk of his about having real men in the dressing room sounds like Souness.

Lets stick to 442 because with 433 only 1 of Viduka,Martins or Owen can play the central striker.

Guest BooBoo

If they were calling him a 'terrorist' it was woeful crack if you ask me. Not that arsed about it, it's just not funny. He seemed canny arsed about it btw. Glad he got so fired up like. That helped us ;)

Sunshine, you're a good poster but dont take yoursef so seriousy.

Scores of the participants. Powered by Babelfish™:

Harper - 6 - Much not could have been done for the objectives

Carr - 5 - Bald and WOUNDED, his head was gleaming for sure

Taylor - 6 - Acted as an IDIOT for the first aim, but was differently GENTLE throughout

Rozehnal - 7 - As SOLID as bacon

N'Zogbia - 8 - His hair was as beautiful as his OBJECTIVE strike

Butt - 6 - His colour of HAIR did not much influence his performances

Geremi - 5 - Pathetic MUNDANE in the centre

Smith - 5 - He was very ATTRACTIVE, but not a midfielder

Martins - 6 - In Italy, she says it is FASTER than the mail box?

Milner - 6 - He DID NOT play of product

Viduka - 6 - The fat man noted a GOOD AIM, but quiet was he

Cacapa - 8 - HARD AS THE NAILS

Ramage - 4 - SHIT

Owen - 4 - UNAIMFUL