Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle - 26/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 18

Dave

like milner but his crossing is appalling

I agree... He's made some great crosses, but imo they are s*** too many times...

Even the best crossers of the ball in the world have more s*** ones than good ones.

It's a case of putting in the really telling one enough times to make up for the poor ones, and Milner has put in a few cracking crosses and seems to be getting better at them all the time.

It's not his crossing that holds him back, it's his lack of pace that really kills him. He'll never be a top player out wide IMO, especially in a 4-3-3. If we go 4-4-2 then I'd have him down the right, but since we blatantly won't I'd rather see him moved infield.

Bench might be better.

For now I'd have him playing in the middle ahead of either Butt or Geremi, give us someone in CM who can actually get forward and threaten to score goals.

With a fully fit squad to choose from, though, I'd have him on the bench also.

like milner but his crossing is appalling

I agree... He's made some great crosses, but imo they are s*** too many times...

Even the best crossers of the ball in the world have more s*** ones than good ones.

It's a case of putting in the really telling one enough times to make up for the poor ones, and Milner has put in a few cracking crosses and seems to be getting better at them all the time.

It's not his crossing that holds him back, it's his lack of pace that really kills him. He'll never be a top player out wide IMO, especially in a 4-3-3. If we go 4-4-2 then I'd have him down the right, but since we blatantly won't I'd rather see him moved infield.

Well i agree with what you say, even the best crossers do have shit ones also. But imo Milner has too many of those to be called even a "good" crosser.

It's a shame that he doesn't have good pace, then he might of been Really good in a few years. Even if he hasn't that much pace he still makes up for it with other good attributes.

N'Zogbia has alot more potential in my eyes. But i like Milner and he always gives his all and can play on both flanks and he pops upt with some good stuff occasionally combined with some hard work and commitment.

Everyone on here going on about 'Racism' should remember one thing - Islam is NOT a race ; its a religion.

Did anyone at the game hear our fans chanting that Mido was black etc.?

If not, then racism doesn't come into it at all..

Also, that idiotic airhead who claims to be a 'Sports reporter' for the most bigoted newspaper in the Western World should remember that not all terrorists are Islamic, but 40% of the British Islamic population want SHARIA LAW brought into the UK..its no wonder people become suspicious about these things.

Anything to rubbish the West, despite it giving reporters the freedom to say what they like - something which would NOT happen in Saudi or Iran etc...

It was also because he was an arab though, hence Tuncay not getting the same abuse (more likely to default to Dirty Turk before getting down to religion.)  I don't think it matters if it was racist or not, I don't think sectarian chants aimed at someone because they're Protestant, Jewish, Islamic, Catholic or whatever is any better.

For what it's worth this line of "It wasn't because of his race, it was because of his religion and no wonder people are suspicious of them" is very different to the people in the thread saying it was nothing to do with his religion and just about how he looks.

40% of the British Islamic population want SHARIA LAW brought into the UK..its no wonder people become suspicious about these things.

And wanting Sharia law in Britain is idiotic in my opinion (Or religion being a basis of law anywhere else for that matter - I'm not to keen on what's happening in Turkey at the moment for a start), but you fail to mention that the same ICM poll had 99% saying the suicide attacks on London were wrong and 91% saying they felt loyalty to Britain. 

Anyway, the epic Mido chants thread is that way

If we had some fucker with any pace, guile or awareness rather than James fucking Milner we might have a chance.

He shagged your lass or something didn't he? Go on let it all out fella, we are here for you :lol:

Guest jamesmartinsmith

It's stories like this which make me ashamed to be a Newcastle supporter.

Absolutely disgusting.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2157260,00.html

FA to investigate the chants.

Mido, who scored Boro's first goal on Sunday, was the subject of persistent anti-Arab chants from some of the visiting Newcastle supporters congregated at one end of the ground who seemed to have made the assumption that anyone born and brought up in Cairo must automatically be a terrorist. These tiresome, oft-repeated ditties, included "Mido, he's got a bomb you know; Mido's got a bomb.""

If we had some fucker with any pace, guile or awareness rather than James f****** Milner we might have a chance.

He shagged your lass or something didn't he? Go on let it all out fella, we are here for you :lol:

Christ.  That would be embarassing too.

http://www.goal.com/resultsimg/3987.jpg

It will also expose Mido's lie that he only told them to shush - Vs all round according to other reports.

Yes cause he was looking for confrontation with the away end. :rolleyes:

He still lied.

Massviely blown out of proportion all the same. I don't agree with chanting stuff like that. Likewise I wouldn't have had a problem if he'd said I stuck my Vs up to the crowd after what they were chanting. The way the press are making a big deal out of it is incredibly hypocritical though.

Does explain the passion in which he is targetting him :D

Can't blame him tbf.

Your love knows no bounds Jon. It's certainly not based on football ability so......

Can't blame him tbf.

Your love knows no bounds Jon. It's certainly not based on football ability so......

Yeah but everyone knows he let Jon shag him so it's justified.

Guest Chris P

We wanna watch out. The club may end up in the same boat as that Salmon Rushdie. In fact there has just been a press release from the Iranian government announcing a Jihad against Newcastle United Football Club. :giggle:

Can't blame him tbf.

Yeah but everyone knows he let Jon shag him so it's justified.

Word.

It was also because he was an arab though, hence Tuncay not getting the same abuse (more likely to default to Dirty Turk before getting down to religion.)  I don't think it matters if it was racist or not, I don't think sectarian chants aimed at someone because they're Protestant, Jewish, Islamic, Catholic or whatever is any better.

For what it's worth this line of "It wasn't because of his race, it was because of his religion and no wonder people are suspicious of them" is very different to the people in the thread saying it was nothing to do with his religion and just about how he looks.

40% of the British Islamic population want SHARIA LAW brought into the UK..its no wonder people become suspicious about these things.

And wanting Sharia law in Britain is idiotic in my opinion (Or religion being a basis of law anywhere else for that matter - I'm not to keen on what's happening in Turkey at the moment for a start), but you fail to mention that the same ICM poll had 99% saying the suicide attacks on London were wrong and 91% saying they felt loyalty to Britain. 

Anyway, the epic Mido chants thread is that way

Don't believe that figure about 91% of Muslims feeling 'loyalty to Britain' - if that is true, how does that stack up with the 40% that want Sharia Law(stoning women for adultery, mutilation , women's faces covered up etc. etc)?

You should read 'Londonistan' by Melanie Phillips - that tells you how a significant proportion of Muslims in Britain are actively working to destroy the country they are supposed to call 'home'.....

In any case, to get to the point, there is NO PLACE for racial OR religious abuse in Football or anywhere else, so I am NOT in favour of that - but we DO need to weed out the rotten apples in our society who mean us harm - and that applies whether they are white, black, or pink with purple spots.

Everyone should receive the same punishment for violent crimes, regardless of their race or religion,and we should be FREE TO DEPORT criminals where they have a different country of birth.

In Australia, they recently deported a British paedophile back to the UK, even though he had lived in WA for 30 years - he did the crime so he was out, and that is how it should be - NO EXCEPTIONS.

Don't believe that figure about 91% of Muslims feeling 'loyalty to Britain'

If you don't believe the results of that survey, why are you quoting them?

You should read 'Londonistan' by Melanie Phillips

Oh please.  You might as well suggest someone read a George Galloway book to find out about the 'truth' about George Bush.  Melanie Phillips is England's Anne Coulter and even some of the most anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism members of our society are very keen to distance themselves from her wing-nut biased ramblings.  The fact she doesn't believe in evolution might explain why she's got the reasoning skills of an ape.  Her column for the perpetually enraged, designed to terrify dappy middle-class housewives the Mail is funny though. I wonder if it's gay marriage, teaching evolution in schools, Grand Theft Auto, the great global warming conspiracy or her favourite, the MMR vaccine which is going to lead to the implosion of society this week.

This guy in the Jewish Chronicle sums up how she portrays Britain, the country she seethes with so much undisguised hatred for, to the rest of the world.

http://www.thejc.com/home.aspx?ParentId=m12s114&SecId=114&AId=51460&ATypeId=1

In the United States, Melanie has a substantial following, with thousands logging on daily to her website or lining up to hear her lectures — several of the leading lights of American Jewry among them. They snap up copies of her book Londonistan, in which Britain — a rotting, decayed island awash with amorality — is on the brink of an Islamist takeover. Above all, they swallow whole her insistence that Europe is back in the 1930s, and that Britain now seethes with Jew-hatred.

I hear this from several well-placed leaders of Britain’s Jewish organisations, who have had to hose down their American counterparts. “I understand it’s not safe to walk down the street here as a Jew,” one US Jewish bigwig told a British colleague. “From what I hear, you guys are experiencing the kind of pogroms my grandmother lived through,” said another. Both these remarks were offered during recent fact-finding missions to Britain by major American Jewish organisations, here as if visiting a besieged community of Jews in peril.

The rest of your post I agree with 100%.