The Carling Cup Thread

NSG

Jeff Stelling just mentioned Dyer's 'liver problems' - was this ever officially known? Can't remember, was this the 'illness' he had?

He has sickle cell disease, I know cos my lad works at the ground and it is well known there.

Aye, I heard that. Just can't remember if it was ever confirmed, hence my relative surprise at Stelling saying that.

Let's face it, playing football has always been way, way down on Kieron Dyer's list of priorities. I've not seen it but I'm sure it looks really bad and it'll fucking hurt but when he's got his cast on, he'll think it's great. More time to spend his money for nothing, only difference is that someone might have to help him upstairs in the club.

He's not been in a car crash or ended up in a coma ffs. People break their legs every day but don't have a multi-million pound fortune to fill the time.

Guest elpapi

some of these reactions are not too surprising though as serious injury to own players on saturday was greeted with laughter... some of you shouldn't take this game so serious, you speak as if you personally paid for dyer's wage over the years  :idiot2:

its pretty sad when you can be shouted at by the PC brigade for wishing someone a broken leg though. "Oh how awful that a guy on 80K per week has broken his leg, you should be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at the fact west ham have signed another crock, which is no more than they deserved, and now he's injured". he's broken his leg man, get a grip.

I never see how earning £x thousand a week has anything to do with it though. Its still going to fucking hurt and still mean he is out for however long no matter how much he earns.

some of these reactions are not too surprising though as serious injury to own players on saturday was greeted with laughter... some of you shouldn't take this game so serious, you speak as if you personally paid for dyer's wage over the years  :idiot2:

Who do you think pays footballers' wages btw?

some of these reactions are not too surprising though as serious injury to own players on saturday was greeted with laughter... some of you shouldn't take this game so serious, you speak as if you personally paid for dyer's wage over the years   :idiot2:

Seriously hope this is a whoosh

Ahem, don't you know what ticket revenue and Sky money, which a few fans buy and therefore pay for, goes towards?

He may get to spend a bit more time with his family now, everyones a winner bar West Ham United.

If he had of done it at SJP, I would of stood up & clapped him off. However this is the Internet & being harsh & extreme is the way.

Guest optimistic nit

its pretty sad when you can be shouted at by the PC brigade for wishing someone a broken leg though. "Oh how awful that a guy on 80K per week has broken his leg, you should be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at the fact west ham have signed another crock, which is no more than they deserved, and now he's injured". he's broken his leg man, get a grip.

I never see how earning £x thousand a week has anything to do with it though. Its still going to fucking hurt and still mean he is out for however long no matter how much he earns.

but why do i have an obligation to go awwwwwwww how unfortunate, when anything bad happens to anyone. He's broken his leg, i disslike West Ham, and i think he's been a cock. Why can't i laugh?

Guest Phil K

The Guardian Journalists will be condemning us for being pleased Dyer is injured in tomorrows paper

The Guardians journalists could be termed wankers, self-righteous turds, arrogant shitbags, etc etc - from any number of angles.

You can safely assume whatever they say, the OPPOSITE actrually applies.

I'm wiping my eyes over the Dyer tragedy, I really am. I'm in fits of giggles......

Guest optimistic nit

Dont know what got the biggest smile out of me tonight,dyers injury or hearing the smb are 2-0 down.

Sunderland may get back into it, at least Dyer's fucked

best joke of the thread so far :lol:

Guest elpapi

Ahem, don't you know what ticket revenue and Sky money, which a few fans buy and therefore pay for, goes towards?

so you paid 0.04% of his wage, then it's ok to be delighted he broke his leg?

but why do i have an obligation to go awwwwwwww how unfortunate, when anything bad happens to anyone. He's broken his leg, i disslike West Ham, and i think he's been a cock. Why can't i laugh?

Never said you couldn't, just saying I never see the sense in the "Oh well he earns £80k a week, he will get over it" comments.

Guest optimistic nit

Now you're getting it blueyes.gif :thup:

If this is what it takes for you to get a laugh then it says an awful lot about you tbh.

Just fucking sickening to think that some folk are loving the fact he's had his shin broken in two.

Exactly. Even though I didn't pay much to his wage, I only have Sky. Never ever bought a NUFC ticket.  O0

Guest optimistic nit

Never said you couldn't, just saying I never see the sense in the "Oh well he earns £80k a week, he will get over it" comments.

I'm actually dyer neutral, but i think if people find it funny, they have can laugh without it being branded disgraceful and pathetic.

boo fucking hoo. if you laugh at someone's misfortune be prepared for getting a backlash or don't bloody do it in the first place. get a grip!