Boumsong to Liverpool?!?! WTF

Munkey

It's not a reliable site is it?

It just reports what others are saying, although they do have a couple of sources - they got Amady Faye to NUFC a few days before anyone else picked up on it.

Liverpool's desperation for a central defender has reportedly seen then turn to the comic figure of Jean-Alain Boumsong.

Italian newspaper Tuttosport claims that Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has made contact with Juventus about the former Newcastle 'defender'.

mackems.gif

Quality.

Guest ChickenKiev

why not he's a really good player. Watched him loads last year at Juve. Kept the defence together very well. Was shite here cos he had a shite manager, shite coaches and shite players around him. Think he would do well at liverpool.

why not he's a really good player. Watched him loads last year at Juve. Kept the defence together very well. Was shite here cos he had a shite manager, shite coaches and shite players around him. Think he would do well at liverpool.

Playing in Serie B though.

Totally agree, he is pure quality.

why not he's a really good player. Watched him loads last year at Juve. Kept the defence together very well. Was s**** here cos he had a s**** manager, s**** coaches and s**** players around him. Think he would do well at liverpool.

Playing in Serie B though.

Italian fizzy pop league.

Boumsong was a fucking car crash.. fair play some players just don't adapt, but he just outright took the piss. If you don't quite remember check out YouTube.

Rafa today admitted no more arrivals will be at anfield before tomorrow..

The Liverpool manager admitted he has scoured the market to assess what might be available, but has decided he's happy with the squad at his disposal.

Reserve striker Besian Idrizaj has today completed a season long loan deal with Crystal Palace, but Benitez insists there'll be no major activity to report before the window closes.

"We were checking some options for the first team squad yesterday, but it's very difficult to find the right players this late. I don't think we will be signing anyone now," he said.

"Rick, Foster, Eduardo (Macia) and I looked at some options, but we decided we don't want to sign a player just for the sake of it. It has to be the right player and not for crazy money."

Despite continued speculation linking Peter Crouch with a last minute exit from Anfield, Benitez has once again reiterated he has no interest in selling his striker.

"There has been no bid for Crouch, certainly not before this morning anyway," said Benitez. "I have the same idea now as I've said before. I don't want to let anyone go. I've spoken to the player and he knows we need him."