Worst signing (all clubs) of the summer

Colos Short and Curlies

Guest BooBoo

Probably Alan Smith on current form, certainly at the price we paid for him.

Current form! He was canny at Bolton and then granted has had two average games. Give the lad a chance eh?

Probably Alan Smith on current form, certainly at the price we paid for him.

Current form! He was canny at Bolton and then granted has had two average games. Give the lad a chance eh?

Rubbish. He's been crap. Get rid. :lol:

(I've never had a random hatred of a player, so I'm trying this one on for size)

Guest WalkervilleMag

i would of sold Dyer for 50p as that is all that talentless waster is worth.  So to get £7 million for him is superb.

other than that,  Tevez to man united.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Bent,Gordon surely-all overpaid

Gordon looks a top class keeper tbh. Could well turn out to be every bit as good as Cech IMO.

yes and according to my mackem m8, he has a £6 million relase clause if they get relegated.

Guest nufc_geordie

Kenwyne Jones- What the hell has he done in his career to be worth £6 million? At least Chopra has premiership background.

Guest WalkervilleMag

i would of sold Dyer for 50p as that is all that talentless waster is worth.  So to get £7 million for him is superb.

other than that,   Tevez to man united.

:|

they are paying nearly £10 million per season for him. And imho he is hyped up to the hill.

Bent,Gordon surely-all overpaid

Gordon looks a top class keeper tbh. Could well turn out to be every bit as good as Cech IMO.

No doubting he is a class keeper, but considering the state of the Macke squad is a £9m goalkeeper going to make much more impact than a £2m goalkeeper?

I can't see him winning many points purely due to the number of shots he's going to face.

Thats why I reckon he was a waste of money - had he gone to Arsenal however I'd say he could potentially win them the league with points saved over the season compared to Lens or Almunia

Guest mobiius

I presume people are saying Dyer because of his injury because he's a better player than Smith.

Kieron DIRE not because of his injury but because he is a constant sicknote and to pay that much for a plum has got to be the worst signing of the season imo

Guest Sniffer

Amady faye...possibly one of the worst players I've ever seen in my life and i've seen some dogs.

WTF are Rangers thinking?

Guest optimistic nit

This will probably get updated throughout the day as panic buys kick in, but who do you think has been the worst buy so far this summer?

I'm torn between Bent and Gordan

Both good players, but for £16m Spurs have paid stupid money on a position which they didn't need to.

Also, at £9m you would expect to be signing someone who is going to save or gain you a fair few points over the season, as good as Gordan is he isn't going to save Sunderland too many points over the season, just prevent a few hammerings.

Suppose Smith could creep in for us (disclaimer, I think he wil prove himself eventually), again solid enough player, but was he what we needed to spend £6m on considering we have also bought Barton?

Thoughts?

(No poll added as it seemed a bit pointless)

Gordon is a good player though, and 9mill isn't as bad as it suggests, i wouldn't accept 9mill for given for instance.

I'd say the top 5 are:

Nugent

Kamara

Chopra

That southampton guy signed by the mackems

Dyer or Faubert