Worst signing (all clubs) of the summer

Colos Short and Curlies

This will probably get updated throughout the day as panic buys kick in, but who do you think has been the worst buy so far this summer?

I'm torn between Bent and Gordan

Both good players, but for £16m Spurs have paid stupid money on a position which they didn't need to.

Also, at £9m you would expect to be signing someone who is going to save or gain you a fair few points over the season, as good as Gordan is he isn't going to save Sunderland too many points over the season, just prevent a few hammerings.

Suppose Smith could creep in for us (disclaimer, I think he wil prove himself eventually), again solid enough player, but was he what we needed to spend £6m on considering we have also bought Barton?

Thoughts?

(No poll added as it seemed a bit pointless)

Considering the money involved (and the fact they were buying from a relegated club), they really didn't need another striker, and they really should have spent it on a centre half, it's Darren Bent for me.

I still think he'll score goals for them though.

I was going to say Harewood, but then 3.75m for a fourth choice striker is fine if you've got the money.

However, for my money, the worst 3 or 4 signings have all been made by Sunderland - Richardson, Jones, Chopra. I actually think Gordon will prove a good one.

Bent is massively overpriced, as well.

Guest loonietoonie

Kieran Richardson.

just what i was going to say what ive seen off him so far hes been s**t

and ours could well be smith becuase of the price tag

Dyer, and not just because his leg has an extra joint now.

Buying dyer, to play alongside parker and bowyer beggers belief. They proved they were crap countless times for us, so why anyone would spend big bucks on the 3 of them is beyond me. At least parker tried, but dyer, christ west ham must be barking.

Thanks for the money though.  ;D

Guest Hodgson09

Parker, IMO he is really crap, closely followed by Dyer he has never produced. Third worst signing Bent, ridiculous amount of money for an average player.

Have we managed to sell Pattison yet? If not, then Dyer because of injury. I'd actually expect him to have a good first season at West Ham, since he's a good player when fit and properly motivated (and being at a new club should motivate him).