Worst signing (all clubs) of the summer

Colos Short and Curlies

Guest optimistic nit

Bent,Gordon surely-all overpaid

Gordon looks a top class keeper tbh. Could well turn out to be every bit as good as Cech IMO.

No doubting he is a class keeper, but considering the state of the Macke squad is a £9m goalkeeper going to make much more impact than a £2m goalkeeper?

I can't see him winning many points purely due to the number of shots he's going to face.

Thats why I reckon he was a waste of money - had he gone to Arsenal however I'd say he could potentially win them the league with points saved over the season compared to Lens or Almunia

hmmmmmmmmm. good point actually. his resale value will most probably be much less than 9mill as well, if the mackems do get relegated.

No doubting he is a class keeper, but considering the state of the Macke squad is a £9m goalkeeper going to make much more impact than a £2m goalkeeper?

I can't see him winning many points purely due to the number of shots he's going to face.

Thats why I reckon he was a waste of money - had he gone to Arsenal however I'd say he could potentially win them the league with points saved over the season compared to Lens or Almunia

Will have to keep at least 15 clean sheets to give them a chance of staying up.

Robert Earnshaw at £4.5m. The man has never been onside.

Earnshaw was £3.5m, has scored a few Premiership goals, and he is second only to Thierry Henry as the player with the best goals-to-minutes ratio in Premiership history.

Chopra cost £5m, Jones £6m :lol:

Right now, Dyer was the worst signing.

Bent also seems to be a mistake IMO. Way too expensive and his acquisition created problems with Berbatov and Defoe. Would love it Berbatov moved on and they were stuck with Bent and Keane.

And Amady Faye on loan is not a bad signing.

I can only assume you have never seen faye play or you would never make that statement.

Who? Me?

Faye on loan to a league where he'll probably do ok, compared to spunking £17m on a striker who's worth half of it when having defensive frailties, no comparison no matter how shit he was for us.

If not me, soz like... :crazy2:

Guest firetotheworks

Probably Dyer considering he's broke his leg. In terms of quality to price ratio though. Keiron Richardson. Hate the twat as a player.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Darren Bent is only a bad signing at the moment because Spurs aren't using him properly ( before he got injured ). If he played in a 4-4-2 with Berbatov, i would put good money on him scoring 25 + goals.

Darren Bent is only a bad signing at the moment because Spurs aren't using him properly ( before he got injured ). If he played in a 4-4-2 with Berbatov, i would put good money on him scoring 25 + goals.

never rated bent at all.. rubbish iyam

Guest Triglett

Don't see the problem with Bent's price tag if he can justify it with goals, and he's one of the best in the Premiership. He got 32 in two seasons for a shit Charlton side with injury problems along the way...aim for at least 15 a season and I'd say we've done well. He's nowhere near a 'bad signing' - just overpriced, the same as 90% of the other transfers this summer, something I expect to be a trend for a while yet. He gives us something completely different to our other strikers, Berbatov's not likely to hang around much longer, and Defoe seems reluctant to sign a new contract. And from what I've seen of him, he's a much better footballer than I gave him credit for at Charlton. He's got it all to be a top striker, and he's only 23.

Obviously people are singling out the domestic transfers, many of which did come with massively inflated fees  (I'd even suggest that £6m for Smith was incredibly generous on your part)- foreigners are generally given the benefit of the doubt, and most at the top 6/7 clubs are shoehorned into the 'good prospect' category with little or no knowledge about them: £17m for Anderson is a massive gamble, Tevez was a curious signing, Da Silva's hardly been questioned, and your own Enrique is being lauded as an astute buy even in the face of a poor success rate for Spaniards in the Premiership. Most of our fans much preferred the thought of Kaboul than Curtis Davies at similar prices without ever even seeing the former play...that's just the way it seems to go.

Don't see the problem with Bent's price tag if he can justify it with goals, and he's one of the best in the Premiership. He got 32 in two seasons for a shit Charlton side with injury problems along the way...aim for at least 15 a season and I'd say we've done well. He's nowhere near a 'bad signing' - just overpriced, the same as 90% of the other transfers this summer, something I expect to be a trend for a while yet. He gives us something completely different to our other strikers, Berbatov's not likely to hang around much longer, and Defoe seems reluctant to sign a new contract. And from what I've seen of him, he's a much better footballer than I gave him credit for at Charlton. He's got it all to be a top striker, and he's only 23.

Obviously people are singling out the domestic transfers, many of which did come with massively inflated fees  (I'd even suggest that £6m for Smith was incredibly generous on your part)- foreigners are generally given the benefit of the doubt, and most at the top 6/7 clubs are shoehorned into the 'good prospect' category with little or no knowledge about them: £17m for Anderson is a massive gamble, Tevez was a curious signing, Da Silva's hardly been questioned, and your own Enrique is being lauded as an astute buy even in the face of a poor success rate for Spaniards in the Premiership. Most of our fans much preferred the thought of Kaboul than Curtis Davies at similar prices without ever even seeing the former play...that's just the way it seems to go.

naah..

Amady faye...possibly one of the worst players I've ever seen in my life and i've seen some dogs.

WTF are Rangers thinking?

I just realised that Rangers are in the same group as Lyon, Stuttgart and Barcelona in the Champions League... He's going to have a rough couple of nights at work...