Bentley and Young... and Heskey in the England squad - oh and Lescott

Dave

Guest Ridzuan

I think the reason why Huskey is selected is because Steve wants a big and strong player to partner with Owen.Maybe he was impressed with how Viduka and Owen played very well together yesterday.

I think the reason why Huskey is selected is because Steve wants a big and strong player to partner with Owen.Maybe he was impressed with how Viduka and Owen played very well together yesterday.

Not really. Its just Bent, Johnson and defoe probably got as many goals as Heskey recently. Seriously that is one hell of a shit strikeforce.

Guest Steven_MB

I can't see the problem with Heskey being in there tbh, he's proven in the past that he's a good partner for Owen.

He's in the squad because he's good for Owen???A player should be there because he adds something to the whole team, not just helping one player, unless Mclaren is creating the team around Owen, which is stupid as we don't know if we can rely on him yet.

I think bringing in Heskey might prove to be a rare inspired decision from McClaren. With the injuries we have in midfield we may need a bigger target to aim for and someone to get on the end of crosses, hold it up etc. Heskey does that job well and has partnered Owen before to good effect. We need to win these games, is it such a gamble to go for the only proven partnership available to us? I'm sure the press are going mad about it but they talk so much bollocks when it comes to the national team.

I'd rather see Owen with Heskey in these two games than with any of the other strikers in that England squad, and that includes Crouch when he's not suspended. Fair play to McClaren for having the bollocks to select him again and here's hoping it works out for them.

If it's a given that Owen will play then you can't have him & Defoe together, just wouldn't work

However, I think Darren Bent could have a decent partnership with Owen. He's a bit of an all rounder- pacey, decent in the air & holds the ball up.

Then you've got Crouch as an obvious target man who can hold the ball up and lay it off. Johnson could play with Owen and do all the donkey work for him with his pace to run the channels and high work rate.

If Ashton is fit enough then he would do a good job. A bigger, stronger Teddy Sheringham in the making.

Heskey shouldn't get a look in.

Mods, I know that there is a already a thread on this BUT I feel that this news warrants a thread of it's own!!!  I watched that ANIMAL yestarday basically take out 3 of our players. I'm angered that he was not sent off. His behaviour was nothing short of utter filth. Somebody tell me that the three fouls (fucking GBH TBH) he made did not warant a sending off.  F*cking b*stard what he is.  England? My ar*e. Joke. F*cking loon. Liability. Psycho. F*ck off Heskey you f*cking b*stard.  :rant:

Guest Geordie Boyo

I thought Smith's link-up play with Owen was very good against Germany. Owen never put his chances away though. Smith twice set up great opportunities with a flick on from his head another with his foot past the defender on to Owen, but obviously you lads were watching a different game...!

Smith=Heskey

Mods, I know that there is a already a thread on this BUT I feel that this news warrants a thread of it's own!!!  I watched that ANIMAL yestarday basically take out 3 of our players. I'm angered that he was not sent off. His behaviour was nothing short of utter filth. Somebody tell me that the three fouls (fucking GBH TBH) he made did not warant a sending off.  F*cking b*stard what he is.  England? My ar*e. Joke. F*cking loon. Liability. Psycho. F*ck off Heskey you f*cking b*stard.  :rant:

http://crazy-frankenstein.com/home-page-files/cute-puppy-dog-wallpapers.jpg

I thought Smith's link-up play with Owen was very good against Germany. Owen never put his chances away though. Smith twice set up great opportunities with a flick on from his head another with his foot past the defender on to Owen, but obviously you lads were watching a different game...!

Smith=Heskey

Everyone's ignoring that, Smith is shit.

Smith=Heskey

Where as the Owen/Heskey partnership won several trophies at Liverpool, slightly better than a few flick ons in a friendly.

Couldn't look down two threads...

Read his first sentence..

Ok you b*stard mod. Some of us have had a tiddly-wink today and you are correct, i didn't read the thread that would have saved us all a whole lotta.................

Well f*ck me. Heskey is a c*nt. Animal.

Oh yeah Dave by the way, life is not a rehersal.

Couldn't look down two threads...

Read his first sentence..

Ok you b*stard mod. Some of us have had a tiddly-wink today and you are correct, i didn't read the thread that would have saved us all a whole lotta.................

Well f*ck me. Heskey is a c*nt. Animal.

Oh yeah Dave by the way, life is not a rehersal.

:lol:

I didn't merge it mate. I was making the point to NSG that you had seen this thread.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Smith=Heskey

Where as the Owen/Heskey partnership won several trophies at Liverpool, slightly better than a few flick ons in a friendly.

A friendly against Germany, not Kazakhstan...!

The point I was making was about how Alan Smith played alongside Owen against Germany after seeing people give him no credit for it on here. I think it would be a little harsh, despite how Heskey & Owen played together, to give Smith the chop just because Owen didn't put his chances away.