What do you think we need to get in/get out in January to have a top 4 squad?

Guest Deep456

Guest Deep456

Goalkeepers- Given/Harper/Krul

Right Backs- Beye/Geremi/Carr

Central Defenders- Rozenhal/Taylor/Cacapa/Faye

Left Backs- Enrique/Babayaro

Right-sided Midfielders- Milner

Central Midfielders- Smith/Butt/Barton/Emre

Left-sided Mifielders- Duff/N'zogbia

Tall big forwards- Viduka/Ameobi

Small fast forwards- Owen/Martins

Players in: Deco/Riquelme £10-£15million, Shorey/Emanuelson £5million , Diego/ Gavilan (Valencia) £5-10million

Players out: Babayaro, Smith(Just not good enough in my opinion) £5million

If we get those players and get out Babayaro then having a net spend of 25million we could have a really good squad capable of challenging for the top 4 the year after.

Guest Deep456

Yeah we're going to sell Smith in January 5 months after buying him. The guy who owns the club has Smith on the back of his shirt for f*** sake, unless he fucks up big time he won't be going anywhere.

You fool read the title it's what I think not the club.

Emanuelson for £5M? :lol:

What do you think he is worth £15M? He is a left back and he plays for a dutch side who usually don't want too much for their players.

Yeah we're going to sell Smith in January 5 months after buying him. The guy who owns the club has Smith on the back of his shirt for f*** sake, unless he fucks up big time he won't be going anywhere.

So we can be as unrealistic as we like? That's one massive can of worms you've opened there..

think we'll strengthen with creative players next summer, an Anelka/Bellamy wide forward type who can play on the right or left of a 4-3-3 attack. a little less likely is the "playmaker" many think we need, as i think Sam sees Barton filling this role. it is possible he'll sign an impact player who can play on the right or through the middle to replace dyer and solano, someone whose inconsistency will prevent them starting matches but who can come on and change a game.

Guest Deep456

So we can be as unrealistic as we like? That's one massive can of worms you've opened there..

Well not hopelessly unrealistic like getting in Messi, Kaka, Henry, Etc. If you think about it players can be sold quickly i.e Mikel, Hamann.

Players in: Deco/Riquelme £10-£15million, Shorey/Emanuelson £5million , Diego/ Gavilan (Valencia) £5-10million

If we get those players and get out Babayaro then having a net spend of 25million we could have a really good squad capable of challenging for the top 4 the year after.

We've had Diego Gavilan here already, didn't work out - but gave me my nickname on football tops all through Uni

One class centre-mid away from a top four squad imo. Well, stick a 'potentially' in there aswell. Still a bit early to tell as far as Rozehnal, Cacapa and Enrique go - but they've all looked very good so far. Viduka not exactly firing on all cylinders yet and nor is Owen - but we're not far off. I was saying earlier in the transfer window that i'd be chuffed if we managed 8th; i'd call that the bare minimum now tbh.

i'm worried that even with a top 4 squad we'll still play smith, butt and geremi in the same midfield. I'll be pleased when this stops.

Guest Deep456

We've had Diego Gavilan here already, didn't work out - but gave me my nickname on football tops all through Uni

It was Diego or Gavilan sigh.. not Diego Gavilan.

Guest Deep456

Ideally In

Creative CM

Right Winger

Cover LB

Cover RB

Out

Baba

Carr

Pattison

PS. WTF with wanting to get rid of Smith btw.

This :lol:

The transfer window has JUST shut...is it not possible to have a couple of weeks to let the current crop of players settle in and play before we start judging how good they are(n't).

starting a January transfer window thread already, christ. No wonder the media label us demanding and impatient.

Guest Deep456

The transfer window has JUST shut...is it not possible to have a couple of weeks to let the current crop of players settle in and play before we start judging how good they are(n't).

starting a January transfer window thread already, christ. No wonder the media label us demanding and impatient.

It's just looking forward.

It's just looking forward.

can't we just take a few days to appreciate and look at what we've JUST got....I bet you're that kid who makes a Xmas list in September, yammers on about it to your mam and dad non-stop, but as soon as you've opened all of your toys, you're making birthday present lists...

Emanuelson for £5M? :lol:

What do you think he is worth £15M? He is a left back and he plays for a dutch side who usually don't want too much for their players.

I can't stop laughing about this comment. How much did Babel go for..? And Sneijder..? Feyenoord sold a similar type but less experienced player, Drenthe, for 8,5 million. Expect to pay around the 10M mark at least.