Emre

NSG

Guest Alan Shearer 9

quite happy to see him go, contributes nothing. He's a bit like having a massive sausage in midfield to bounce balls off, does nothin creative whatsoever and I don't know what he's done to get this "creative" label other than play in front of blind NUFC fans

Stays, goes, makes no difference to us apart from his silly wages are off our books.

Another waster who thinks he's better than he is.

Care to justify that nonsense?

What in his time here has he done apart from the Sunderland match?

He's one of our highest paid players, and we get nothing out of him for months on end.

Permanently injured, was the same at Inter, and when he's on the field he's inconsistent, slow, weak, one dimensional and dirty.

quite happy to see him go, contributes nothing. He's a bit like having a massive sausage in midfield to bounce balls off, does nothin creative whatsoever and I don't know what he's done to get this "creative" label other than play in front of blind NUFC fans

I agree. I hope these quotes are new, i'd like to see a proper creative player brought in to replace him.

I agree. I hope these quotes are new, i'd like to see a proper creative player brought in to replace him.

Me too.

The only thing he's created is a nice wad of cash from himself since he's got here.

His talent is over rated, especially so since SA has bought defensive players all summer. He's simply not that good when fit, which  is a near miracle these days.

Stays, goes, makes no difference to us apart from his silly wages are off our books.

He's one of our highest paid players, and we get nothing out of him for months on end.

Permanently injured, was the same at Inter, and when he's on the field he's inconsistent, slow, weak, one dimensional and dirty.

I wouldnt say he was slow or weak at all tbh. Everyone is expecting Allardyce to get more out of the players we have at the club, so the same must be said about Emre, if Allardyce can bring out the actual ability he has (because technically he is probably our best player) regularly, then he would be one of the first on the team sheet in my opinion.

If he is going to be in and out with injuries again this year then I can understand him being sold.

I wouldnt want him to go though.

I wouldnt say he was slow or weak at all tbh. Everyone is expecting Allardyce to get more out of the players we have at the club, so the same must be said about Emre, if Allardyce can bring out the actual ability he has (because technically he is probably our best player) regularly, then he would be one of the first on the team sheet in my opinion.

If he is going to be in and out with injuries again this year then I can understand him being sold.

He's painfully slow. People knock Milner for his pace, well i'd bet my house he'd out run Emre all day long.

Emre will always be injured, its all his body knows what to do. Emre at his best and fully fit would be an asset to the club, only that will never happen. Another over paid, over hyped foreigner whose failed at the club.

You've given your opinion, but not on the bit in bold which I asked about.

Well i've proven he's done nothing for the club, its not my opinion, its fact.

He and his Country think he's the Turkish David Beckham, which quite frankly is an insult to anyone who knows anything about football.

He's painfully slow. People knock Milner for his pace, well i'd bet my house he'd out run Emre all day long.

Emre will always be injured, its all his body knows what to do. Emre at his best and fully fit would be an asset to the club, only that will never happen. Another over paid, over hyped foreigner whose failed at the club.

I dont see where you're getting this painfuly slow thing from, I must be missing something.

I would like to see him suceed here, and he still can, Im definitely not gonna give up on him whilst he plays for us. Id say realistically though he's got until Jan to prove himself

I dont see where you're getting this painfuly slow thing from, I must be missing something.

I would like to see him suceed here, and he still can, Im definitely not gonna give up on him whilst he plays for us. Id say realistically though he's got until Jan to prove himself

You probably can't remember how slow he actually is as its been so long since you've seen him kick and chase a ball.

He and his Country think he's the Turkish David Beckham, which quite frankly is an insult to anyone who knows anything about football.

In so far as he is their best midfielder, yes.  And he probably doesnt think he is David Beckham, just more shite to prove you flawed argument.  If you personally don't like him as a player, fair enough,  but calling him a waster and accusing him of thinking he is better than he is is just bollocks.

Who realistically has done anything for this club since Emre has been here?  Answers on a (very small) postcard.

In so far as he is their best midfielder, yes.  And he probably doesnt think he is David Beckham, just more shite to prove you flawed argument.  If you personally don't like him as a player, fair enough,  but calling him a waster and accusing him of thinking he is better than he is is just bollocks.

Who realistically has done anything for this club since Emre has been here?  Answers on a (very small) postcard.

Shay Given

Steve Harper

Steven Taylor

Nobby Solano

James Milner

N'Zogbia

Dyer (yes even him)

Nicky Butt

Scott Parker

Martins

Sibierski

Shay Given

Steve Harper

Steven Taylor

Nobby Solano

James Milner

N'Zogbia

Dyer (yes even him)

Nicky Butt

Scott Parker

Martins

Sibierski

Brilliant.  Quite honestly lost for words.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Can you not grasp the concept? There are many players in our squad who have contributed more than Emre both in terms of performances, results and goals/assists. Emre got a goal at Reading and played well against Sunderland. If people think he is creative then there's no hope for this club in ever getting a creative footballer.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Maybe you're lost for words because there's nothing you can say to combat the fact that Antoine Sibierski did more for Newcastle in his year here than Emre has since he joined us :lol: quite frankly fucking pathetic.

Maybe you're lost for words because there's nothing you can say to combat the fact that Antoine Sibierski did more for Newcastle in his year here than Emre has since he joined us :lol: quite frankly fucking pathetic.

So painful because its true.

:lol:

You don't half talk shite at times TT. What has Harper, Parker and Sibierski done for us in the past 2 years? Emre has been injured and inconsistent, I don't think anyone is denyig that but the best football we've played in the past 2 years was when Parker was injured and Emre played a more attacking role partnering Butt.

You don't half talk shite at times TT. What has Harper, Parker and Sibierski done for us in the past 2 years? Emre has been injured and inconsistent, I don't think anyone is denyig that but the best football we've played in the past 2 years was when Parker was injured and Emre played a more attacking role partnering Butt.

Look i know you've got a hard on for creative talent, heightened because of our transfer activities in the summer and SA style of play, but please try and remember correctly what Emre was and has done as a player instead of romantically fantasizing on the past.

And I seem to remember you hoping the Rozenhal deal would fall through as he couldn't be very good for the money we were paying, that's about sums you up tbh. Are you going to tell me what Harper, Parker and Sibierski have done for us in the past 2 seasons then?

Can't say i'd be overly fussed if Emre were to leave, because we'd no doubt make a profit, or atleast get our money back. If that is the case then it's good business. He looked good at first and could have been a very good signing; i'll stand by what i've said before and say that's he's definitely got potential to do well for us, but as the months and seasons pass, it's getting less and less likely that he'll fulfil that potential. He's far too injury prone for a start off.

Obviously, we'll see how the season pans out for our midfield as the year progresses, but if we can lump Emre out for a decent fee, and add it to whatever Mort's got in the kitty - it'd be great to see us go all out for a class creative midfidler. If bringing one of those players in means ousting Emre, i don't have a problem.

Guest nufcfan76

What ever happened to "I want to stay" and "I love life in Newcastle..."?? Self-fulfilling prophecy and pre-emptive strike I say, knowing his place is well up for grabs after the new boys have dislodged him (which was not that hard, tbh).

Besides, I'm sure someone will find the stats on Emre's inconsistant effectiveness (goals/games/passes/tackles) and I'd like to see them- I still see him as not enough return on our investment as well as being too injury prone. We have better options now which relegate Emre to a squad player instead of an instant starter and that I'm sure has made him come to his decision/excuse and if he feels he wants to go back to Gala, then go - he must love traffic and smog. He'll still forever be in our folklore for putting that screamer past the mackems though- Turkish Delight! :celb:

All I care about now is that he keeps his yap shut and gets on with it if called upon until the window reopens.

And I seem to remember you hoping the Rozenhal deal would fall through as he couldn't be very good for the money we were paying, that's about sums you up tbh. Are you going to tell me what Harper, Parker and Sibierski have done for us in the past 2 seasons then?

They all played reasonably well when required, one of them made us money, more than can be said of Emre.

I don't think i said that, although i don't really remember yesterday so...

But I was becoming very bored of the dealings, it took nearly a month to agree a fee and i was speculating as to why we were not prepared to match their asking price.

As for wishing for the deal to fall though, again very bored and i was hoping we'd go elsewhere as i didn't want to be left high and dry as the window ticked on, we spent a lot of time focused on one player and nothing else was going through, i was getting nervous. Add to that a lot of my comment in the Rozenhal thread were just tongue in cheek again through sheer boredom of the developments.

You say Emre is a waster who thinks he is better than he is, then talk about Parker, Dyer, Harper, Taylor and N'Zogbia. Are you trying to whoosh yourself??!!

None of these players are without faults, they just happen to have less than Emre does.