Emre

NSG

You say Emre is a waster who thinks he is better than he is, then talk about Parker, Dyer, Harper, Taylor and N'Zogbia. Are you trying to whoosh yourself??!!

None of these players are without faults, they just happen to have less than Emre does.

Dyer has less faults than Emre?

Unfortunately true.

Its why a club paid £7m for him, while Emre we'd be lucky to receive the £3.8m we paid for him.

You say Emre is a waster who thinks he is better than he is, then talk about Parker, Dyer, Harper, Taylor and N'Zogbia. Are you trying to whoosh yourself??!!

None of these players are without faults, they just happen to have less than Emre does.

Unfortunately true.

Its why a club paid £7m for him, while Emre we'd be lucky to receive the £3.8m we paid for him.

West Ham have overpaid for everyone this summer, and English players always come at a premium, eg., Darren Bent.

And how does the price dictate that Emre has more faults than Dyer.  Its very difficult to have a discussion with you when you don't answer the actual questions put to you.

If you really think that list of players you gave have achieved anything in the last two years, you're dillusional.  THey've achieved nothing, and the likes of Parker, Dyer and N'Zogbia (last year) have more to do with that than Emre does.

Unfortunately true.

West Ham have overpaid for everyone this summer, and English players always come at a premium, eg., Darren Bent.

And how does the price dictate that Emre has more faults than Dyer.  Its very difficult to have a discussion with you when you don't answer the actual questions put to you.

If you really think that list of players you gave have achieved anything in the last two years, you're dillusional.  THey've achieved nothing, and the likes of Parker, Dyer and N'Zogbia (last year) have more to do with that than Emre does.

I think Emre could be a very good player for us, especially if we do revert (please god no!) to a 4-5-1 set up.

Still too injury prone for my liking, he has ability and with a bit more of a free role in midfield (a role more suited to him than DM!) he could put in more consistant performances but I wouldn't be that bothered to see him go as long as we replaced him with a creative midfielder.

Stays, goes, makes no difference to us apart from his silly wages are off our books.

Another waster who thinks he's better than he is.

Care to justify that nonsense?

What in his time here has he done apart from the Sunderland match?

He's one of our highest paid players, and we get nothing out of him for months on end.

Permanently injured, was the same at Inter, and when he's on the field he's inconsistent, slow, weak, one dimensional and dirty.

You've given your opinion, but not on the bit in bold which I asked about.

Well i've proven he's done nothing for the club, its not my opinion, its fact.

He and his Country think he's the Turkish David Beckham, which quite frankly is an insult to anyone who knows anything about football.

In so far as he is their best midfielder, yes.  And he probably doesnt think he is David Beckham, just more shite to prove you flawed argument.  If you personally don't like him as a player, fair enough,  but calling him a waster and accusing him of thinking he is better than he is is just bollocks.

Who realistically has done anything for this club since Emre has been here?  Answers on a (very small) postcard.

Shay Given

Steve Harper

Steven Taylor

Nobby Solano

James Milner

N'Zogbia

Dyer (yes even him)

Nicky Butt

Scott Parker

Martins

Sibierski

You've missed Shearer, Owen and Shola

Emre keen on return to TurkeySep 9 2007

by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

EMRE has admitted he wants to quit Newcastle for Galatasaray in January – as his old club confirmed they want him back.

The Turk is fit again after injury but is pessimistic about his prospects of breaking into Sam Allardyce’s first team at St James’s Park.

And so Emre has now openly declared his wish to return to Istanbul, with Galatasaray revealing they are keen to re-sign him, six years after he left for Inter Milan.

Emre made his first appearance under Allardyce in Newcastle’s Carling Cup win over Barnsley 11 days ago but did not even feature on the bench for the Premiership clash with Wigan last weekend.

And both he and Galatasaray have used his presence in Turkey on international duty in recent days to make it clear they want a reunion.

“I want to go back to Galatasaray, and they want me,” said Emre.

And Gala’s vice-president Adnan Polat said in response: “This is a transfer we can do in January.”

Emre, who turned 27 on Friday, was rated as Turkish football’s best-ever young player when he rose through the ranks at Galatasaray.

But he is clearly below Nicky Butt, Geremi and Alan Smith in Allardyce’s midfield pecking order, with summer signing Joey Barton on his way back from injury.

However, Allardyce will look to at recoup a large part, if not all, of the £3.8 million that Graeme Souness paid Inter for Emre in the summer of 2005.

Meanwhile, Steven Taylor’s contract row looks set to rumble on for at least the best part of another week.

Although Newcastle have decided to reopen contract talks with the defender, his father and agent is on holiday abroad.

United officials were unhappy at Alf Taylor’s decision to go public on his son’s rejection of an initial contract offer described as “completely inadequate”.

And even though they have decided to review their offer, it will have to be upped by more than 60 per cent to satisfy Taylor’s wish for parity with England Under-21 colleague James Milner’s new £30,000-a-week deal.

First of all I thought he was injured against Wigan?

Secondly if he's behind Smith in midfield then we've got problems. :frantic:

emre was only called the turkish david beckham due to popularity among each player in there own country as both players play in different positions and style. emre stated he is not ready to move back to turkey but if he did he would like to end his career back in gala in an interview on a tv station in turkiye and emre is not a player to expect alot of goals and assists from as he is a player that dictates the play and starts the attacks. if you check all the goals that was scored by newcastle while emre was playing he most likely had a few touches of the ball. he is not the best creative player but good enough for a top 6 team in the best european leagues.

Guest thebigfella

on teamtalk.com hes wanting to leave let him go....not that bothered really he gets tackled and thats game over 4 him dont rate him really!!

Guest jimmy1982

It's a pity that another player with loads of ability hasn't produced the good's here; at the open training session they held at sjp last year emre, along with luque and nobby, was in a different class to every one else in terms of touch and technique on the ball. Seems like his chance here has gone, as Barton is a better midfieldr than he is, plain and simple, and it also looks like smith wil be picked ahead of him as well after they paid 6 million for him. However if he doesn't want to play for us then we don't want him, simple as that. If he's got anything about him though he'll want to fight to play in the supposed 'best league in the world' and he'll train like a bad lad for the next few weeks, make it impossible for sam to leave him out and then play some blinders when he gets his chance. We'll see! 

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Be a shame to see Emre go imo. Good player who makes us better when he's fit and playing well, pity he's made of glass.

Seen the size of the bloke?!

Guest elbee909

I don't recall Emre coming out with "Galatasaray want me" while the transfer window was open.  I assume it's because he's injured, and is fine with us paying him while he does fuck all.  Why bother mentioning it now then?

Can fuck off now for all I care, hate the media shite that players are indulging in these days.  Go on, piss off.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I don't recall Emre coming out with "Galatasaray want me" while the transfer window was open.  I assume it's because he's injured, and is fine with us paying him while he does f*** all.  Why bother mentioning it now then?

Can f*** off now for all I care, hate the media s**** that players are indulging in these days.  Go on, piss off.

I'll think you'll find that both Gala and Fenerbahce wanted him, as did a few German clubs.

I admire his commitment to our club.

Unfortunately true.

That statement alone discredits your views in more ways than one. First saying that Dyer has less faults than Emre, if there was any player whose paid salary that you so abhore got to their head, it must have been Dyer. Then to top it off, you backed up your point by using the fact that Dyer got sold for 7M compared to a speculated tranfer fee for Emre without taking into account that English players always fetch twice the price compared to a foreign player. Next you'll be telling us that Bent is a better player than Berbatov coz the former was bought for 16M and the latter only for 10.9M :idiot2:

Stays, goes, makes no difference to us apart from his silly wages are off our books.

Another waster who thinks he's better than he is.

Care to justify that nonsense?

What in his time here has he done apart from the Sunderland match?

He's one of our highest paid players, and we get nothing out of him for months on end.

Permanently injured, was the same at Inter, and when he's on the field he's inconsistent, slow, weak, one dimensional and dirty.

I wouldnt say he was slow or weak at all tbh. Everyone is expecting Allardyce to get more out of the players we have at the club, so the same must be said about Emre, if Allardyce can bring out the actual ability he has (because technically he is probably our best player) regularly, then he would be one of the first on the team sheet in my opinion.

If he is going to be in and out with injuries again this year then I can understand him being sold.

I wouldnt want him to go though.

He's painfully slow. People knock Milner for his pace, well i'd bet my house he'd out run Emre all day long.

Emre will always be injured, its all his body knows what to do. Emre at his best and fully fit would be an asset to the club, only that will never happen. Another over paid, over hyped foreigner whose failed at the club.

Emre is NOT slow...YOU MUST BE BLIND...

Hopefully this is the end of Emre. Not good enough for us, especially now we have Barton and Geremi.

So you don't need more players for these two positions ? Just Barton and Geremi ? Well where is Barton ?

Guest Marauder1905

I'm gonna wait until there is some legitimate reporting on this, not quotes in the sunday sun.

And guess where they have their source...the ''reliable'' turkish media

I think our best midfield three in a 4-3-3 would be

-----------------------------Geremi--------------------------

---------Barton--------------------------------Emre---------

Each brings something different and in combination there is tough tackling, creativity, vision, power, drive etc., although lacking a bit in pace (not sure how quick Barton is but the other 2 aren't up to much).

It's bordering on insantiy/insulting to say Dyer has done more than Emre, especially using Emre's injuries as an argument to back this up. Yes, it's a shame he's been brittle thus far in his Toon career but how many players haven't been injured in the last 2 years? As much down to the crap fitness and training standards of the last 2 regimes, surely?

Yeah he should score more goals but he's notched up a fair few assists (anyone have the Rothman's or SkySports guide? I'll fish mine out when I get back from work if needs be), has an eye for a pass that nobody else in our squad matches and usually puts in a hard shift. His free-kicks and corners are mostly useful if not dangerous. With him in the team we may se less of a long punt forward to Viduka and more through balls for Owen and Martins to latch on to. At the very least he's a handy squad asset. There's a reason they rave about him in Turkey and that's because, imo, he is their bst player. Now Owen's back from injury he's looking good, maybe we could be optimistic and say that Emre could be a similar asset once properly fit.

Or we could sell him and re-buy Dyer, Parker and Bowyer and have the midfield that Toon's Taylor craves. Howay.