Emre

NSG

emre played the whole 90 minutes, had a goal ruled out towards the end, the match finished 2-2, i have to say it was a battling performance by the midfielder, every ball seemed to pass through him.

emre played the whole 90 minutes, had a goal ruled out towards the end, the match finished 2-2, i have to say it was a battling performance by the midfielder, every ball seemed to pass through him.

Cheers.  Must be quite fit to play the whole 90.

Emre didn't have a goal ruled out from where I was sitting, the ball quite clearly missed the net. He played well, dominated the midfield and was easily the best player on display. Tuncay had a shitter as well. Ive got tonnes of pics i'll hoy them up when i get back. Malta did a lap of honour at the end. Quality day out.

Wants to go back to his old club in Turkey according to the Sunday Sun. Talk about him going in January. Not fussed. He's done fuck all in the two years he's been here.

Wants to go back to his old club in Turkey according to the Sunday Sun. Talk about him going in January. Not fussed. He's done fuck all in the two years he's been here.

Hes pretty good looking though innit, and you need a good looking squad of players, to woo the opposition

Pie, that's not true. Just some garbage turkish news.

Btw, watched the game. Awful awful game, but I just kept my eyes on Emre.

Thank god he didn't get injured, he was easily the best player on the pitch after such a long injury

it was positive to see him dictate the game.The thing is, he doesn't play the DMC role in the NT, souness and roeder

put him as DMC, and gave Parker the free role of an attacking midfielder, while it should have been vice versa.

Whenever he got the ball he dribbled, so easily past his opponents and created space, thus passed it to a wide open teammate creating chances.Also the fact that he played the full 90 can only be a positive thing, we'll need him a lot.

All in all I was pleased that he didn't get injured first and foremost, and happy to see him perform well.

Thank god he didn't get injured, he was easily the best player on the pitch after such a long injury

it was positive to see him dictate the game.The thing is, he doesn't play the DMC role in the NT, souness and roeder

put him as DMC, and gave Parker the free role of an attacking midfielder, while it should have been vice versa.

Whenever he got the ball he dribbled, so easily past his opponents and created space, thus passed it to a wide open teammate creating chances.Also the fact that he played the full 90 can only be a positive thing, we'll need him a lot.

All in all I was pleased that he didn't get injured first and foremost, and happy to see him perform well.

Emre formed a good partnership with Butt and we picked up some good results with those two in the middle. It seems incredible that two successive managers would make the same mistake but I think that's what happened, as you say Parker was given attacking license while Emre was told to protect and it suited neither player. Because Roeder made Parker captain he didn't have the balls to drop him, and I remember Souness saying he thought Emre was a defensive midfielder. Emre's problems are obviously about consistency and injuries, one possibly to do with the other. Keep him fit and I think he'll find consistency. The main challenge for Allardyce will be to keep him fit all season.

The thing I like about him is he sees things early, plays the ball early and spreads the play from flank to flank. One of the problems of recent seasons has been players like Parker and Jenas who weren't willing to take a chance and run at people or play ambitious passes, instead deciding to turn around and play it sideways or backwards. In the end both took flak from the fans and wanted out at the first opportunity, which I think tells us something about their characters. It just goes to show that our fans aren't just about big tackles but appreciate a player who can drive forward and take a chance now and again. We've really missed Emre and Barton so far, the sooner the two are available the better. I still believe Emre has the potential to be a crowd favourite here, but the injuries have to stop.

Emre formed a good partnership with Butt and we picked up some good results with those two in the middle. It seems incredible that two successive managers would make the same mistake but I think that's what happened, as you say Parker was given attacking license while Emre was told to protect and it suited neither player. Because Roeder made Parker captain he didn't have the balls to drop him, and I remember Souness saying he thought Emre was a defensive midfielder. Emre's problems are obviously about consistency and injuries, one possibly to do with the other. Keep him fit and I think he'll find consistency. The main challenge for Allardyce will be to keep him fit all season.

The thing I like about him is he sees things early, plays the ball early and spreads the play from flank to flank. One of the problems of recent seasons has been players like Parker and Jenas who weren't willing to take a chance and run at people or play ambitious passes, instead deciding to turn around and play it sideways or backwards. In the end both took flak from the fans and wanted out at the first opportunity, which I think tells us something about their characters. It just goes to show that our fans aren't just about big tackles but appreciate a player who can drive forward and take a chance now and again. We've really missed Emre and Barton so far, the sooner the two are available the better. I still believe Emre has the potential to be a crowd favourite here, but the injuries have to stop.

I agree...He could become a importand player for us under a good manager and playing in a more organised team where everybody know their roles, compared to when souness an roeder were managers, headless chickens all over the place..

Aye theres no doubting he'll be a very useful player if he drives forward and plays his games in the final third. Unbelievably, we had him sitting on the half way line under Roeder, blatently lacking support upfront and Roeder didnt change it one bit, crazy.

Aye theres no doubting he'll be a very useful player if he drives forward and plays his games in the final third. Unbelievably, we had him sitting on the half way line under Roeder, blatently lacking support upfront and Roeder didnt change it one bit, crazy.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Emre came to life when played alongside Butt, because the two had clearly defined roles. Butt sat back, Emre got forward, there was a good balance there and we were playing some good football, in spite of all the injuries and limited options. Injuries and Parker's return put an end to all that, though. Sam has come in and sold Parker while keeping Emre, so he'll surely get a chance which I think is justified given his ability. Having seen how Sam has turned around players like Diouf and Anelka to some extent, it's worth seeing how Emre'll get on before we cut our losses.

Should've been given more time, tbh.

:D

I find it so uplifting to read people talking abut our players positively and saying how it could be rather than all the negative comments like:

Not good enough.

Get rid.

Useless. etc.

He may still struggle a bit in the premiership sometimes, with people closing him down quicker, but he has a lot to offer. Not least in terms of link-up play and creativity.

Quite possibly the shortest interviews of all time :lol:

“I want to go back to Galatasaray, and they want me,” said Emre.

And Gala’s vice-president Adnan Polat said in response: “This is a transfer we can do in January.”