NUFC want YOU to 'Have Your Say'!

Rich

Build a massive multi-storey car park a few miles away, and have little shuttle buses to take you to the ground/back to your car. You could either pay a few hundred quid on the price of your season ticket or pay per game. Ashley would f*cking rake it in.

Guest Geordiesned

One that has been mentioned at www.newcastle-online.com but not much on here, give the stands back their names. Gallowgate and Leazes please.

:clap2:

I want the club to consider the previous board plan for the development of the stadium. I am only worried about the Stadium though. It would be best if we make it 60,000 or even 70,000 with expanstion off the whole stadium instead of only the galowgate.

I want the club to consider the previous board plan for the development of the stadium. I am only worried about the Stadium though. It would be best if we make it 60,000 or even 70,000 with expanstion off the whole stadium instead of only the galowgate.

Well the stadium would look impressive, 10,000+ empty seats for the majority of games would be tragic.

14) Box Office to be more vocal in letting people know how easy & that's its free for people to move seats & sit next to there mates.

I see few people after me have raised sitting with there mates, HAVE THEY ASKED!!! It is why I have highlighted the above, they do this & it is no problem, they dont charge, just bung all your applications in the same envelope with a covering letter when you renew your season tickets.

I think sometimes the Box Office gets a bad rap but I have found asking them or raising what your not happy with via Newcastle United Customer Service department your problems get sorted out. 

14) Box Office to be more vocal in letting people know how easy & that's its free for people to move seats & sit next to there mates.

I see few people after me have raised sitting with there mates, HAVE THEY ASKED!!! It is why I have highlighted the above, they do this & it is no problem, they dont charge, just bung all your applications in the same envelope with a covering letter when you renew your season tickets.

I think sometimes the Box Office gets a bad rap but I have found asking them or raising what your not happy with via Newcastle United Customer Service department your problems get sorted out. 

I asked & got ignored for 2 seasons running.

see few people after me have raised sitting with there mates, HAVE THEY ASKED!!! It is why I have highlighted the above, they do this & it is no problem, they dont charge, just bung all your applications in the same envelope with a covering letter when you renew your season tickets.

We've never had any bother like.

Going to get everyone's opinions taken into account and start to tot-up the major ones/the ones that overlap, then we'll go about tailoring something to fit what people seem to be concerned about and get it tarted-up and sent off to the club.

More opinions would be great, there must be a fair few people who've missed this/haven't been arsed to contribute yet, I was hoping for more stuff personally, especially when there's fuck all else to talk about during the international break!

Will start getting things together tomorrow and still leave it open in case anyone still wants to offer any ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

Always thought we should get club shops put in the airport/central station.

Seems a bit daft that the two places in the city that the most people enter/leave through don't have anything club shop related, and then we have two shops within 100 yards of each other in town.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Used to have one in the airport back in the day, I remember getting the 95/96 away shirt from there before going to Halkidiki :D

I put mine on the first page, then commented on some others. As most people joining the thread at this late stage won't read that far back I'll repeat them!

(1) Allow at least one radio station to broadcast games over the Internet or make World worth subscribing too for non-local fans to get access to games

(2) Scrap match day programmes and produce a weekly NUFC mag/paper full of analysis, stories, interviews, fan opinion etc. Bring down the Chronicle at the same time!

(3) Reissue the Grandad Collar shirt, either as a commemorative issue after this shirt or a retro option. (not my idea, just commented on)

(4) Like the idea of NUFC TV if feasible (again not my idea)

(5) Love the idea of clubshops in the Airport/Central Station

(6) Agree with tarting up the outside of SJP, maybe lighting up the outside for evening games, make the ground even more opposing than it is already

(7) Bring back Local Hero

Guest jimmy1982

I also think something could be done with the outside of SJP. Murals of past players and NUFC sides on the walls? Even just NUFC painted in massive black and white letters is probably better than a blank wall. The Sporting Lisbon stadium has a strip of multi-coloured tiling running round the ground - I'm not suggesting NUFC copy them, because their design is a bit fancy for a football ground in my opinion, but it shows whats possible.

And I think painting the seats in black and white blocks, like they used to have, would be an improvement on the current grey. It may seem trivial but these things all contribute to the mood of the supporters and their match day experience. Painting huge 'NUFC' and/or 'MAGPIES' designs over the seats in two of the stands would also be a good idea. Details like this just help to make everyone feel part of the club, and remind us that we are supporters and not spectators. Again its about the match day experience. 

I put mine on the first page, then commented on some others. As most people joining the thread at this late stage won't read that far back I'll repeat them!

(1) Allow at least one radio station to broadcast games over the Internet or make World worth subscribing too for non-local fans to get access to games

(2) Scrap match day programmes and produce a weekly NUFC mag/paper full of analysis, stories, interviews, fan opinion etc. Bring down the Chronicle at the same time!

(3) Reissue the Grandad Collar shirt, either as a commemorative issue after this shirt or a retro option. (not my idea, just commented on)

(4) Like the idea of NUFC TV if feasible (again not my idea)

(5) Love the idea of clubshops in the Airport/Central Station

(6) Agree with tarting up the outside of SJP, maybe lighting up the outside for evening games, make the ground even more opposing than it is already

(7) Bring back Local Hero

all good stuff. add sorting the pie situation out, and you're onto a winner.

What about the areas underneath the stands, where the actual betting kiosks/food kiosks/toilets are all located?

Apart from tarting them up with posters/murials/paintings and improving the monitors in them do people think it might be worthwhile to install seating/a counter along the outer wall in order for people to be able to eat in more comfort?

I know some places might have this already, but my bit of the ground underneath the East Stand/Gallowgate doesn't seem to have anything of the sort.

Also, what do people think could be good suggestions to get fans into the ground earlier? Cheaper booze? Better selection of booze? More comfortable arrangements once inside the ground?

Obviously, the club want fans in the stadium ASAP in order to maximise revenue, how could they get YOU into SJP sooner?

What about the areas underneath the stands, where the actual betting kiosks/food kiosks/toilets are all located?

Apart from tarting them up with posters/murials/paintings and improving the monitors in them do people think it might be worthwhile to install seating/a counter along the outer wall in order for people to be able to eat in more comfort?

I know some places might have this already, but my bit of the ground underneath the East Stand/Gallowgate doesn't seem to have anything of the sort.

Also, what do people think could be good suggestions to get fans into the ground earlier? Cheaper booze? Better selection of booze? More comfortable arrangements once inside the ground?

Obviously, the club want fans in the stadium ASAP in order to maximise revenue, how could they get YOU into SJP sooner?

It would be bloody impossible to police, but if they would have a large screen showing re-runs of entertaining games (maybe not exclusively Toon ones either) and allow you to sup a pint in your seat until say 2:00 then I'm sure a few more people would have their final pint or 2 at SJP rather than a local boozer.

Don't agree with the counter thing btw, people should be away from their seat and back again as quickly as possible, need a full crowd for second half kick off!

The Upper Gallowgate concourse is an absolute joke.  Having the telly infront of the toilets is a very stupid idea and leads to a crush at half time every single week.  And then the toilets themselves only have one door, how about a way in and a way out?

It would be bloody impossible to police, but if they would have a large screen showing re-runs of entertaining games (maybe not exclusively Toon ones either) and allow you to sup a pint in your seat until say 2:00 then I'm sure a few more people would have their final pint or 2 at SJP rather than a local boozer.

Don't agree with the counter thing btw, people should be away from their seat and back again as quickly as possible, need a full crowd for second half kick off!

I think the regular folk in the Gallowgate chowing on their nasty pies and £2 Mars Bars will be a bit swifter to return to their seats for the 2nd half than the Corporates enjoying a three course meal and splashings of posh wine/sparkle at Engerland matches :lol:

Don't think it would be a huge problem for that, my main concern would be constricting the space in certain areas even further.

I do think if people could sit down and eat they'd sell more grub inside the ground and get more people in before the K/O.