Telegraph match stats vs Wigan (h)

James

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2007/09/03/sfnnew103.xml

Go down to the bottom of the page, and click on the various panels.

This is an absolutely incredible piece that can convey a lot of information regarding our team that could not really be observed by watching the match.

Statistically, Geremi, Cacapa, N'Zogbia and Owen did very well in some areas on Saturday.

shows how busy geremi was, won the same amount of balls as the rest of the midfield combined, attempted four key passes or "assists" and played 70 passes, at a higher rate of completion, and in a more positive vein, than his midfield counterparts. as i've said all along he is the watercarrier, ferrying the ball from defence to the creative players, always making himself available for the pass, playing it QUICKLY and accurately. not the sort of player to get the plaudits or headlines but nevertheless essential, not neccessarily going to dive into the tackle like butt but will pick up his fair share of interceptions and little steals by constantly buzzing around and closing down opposition options. not that i needed the stats to know that, you can see that's what geremi brings to the team from watching the game.

shows how busy geremi was, won the same amount of balls as the rest of the midfield combined, attempted four key passes or "assists" and played 70 passes, at a higher rate of completion, and in a more positive vein, than his midfield counterparts. as i've said all along he is the watercarrier, ferrying the ball from defence to the creative players, always making himself available for the pass, playing it QUICKLY and accurately. not the sort of player to get the plaudits or headlines but nevertheless essential, not neccessarily going to dive into the tackle like butt but will pick up his fair share of interceptions and little steals by constantly buzzing around and closing down opposition options. not that i needed the stats to know that, you can see that's what geremi brings to the team from watching the game.

Always mystifies me why people have it in there heads Butt is better.

But shouldn't he be dropped?

Milner had a bad game only because Melchiot had a brilliant game and didn't give him any space or time on the ball. How he had no assist attempts is strange though as i remember at least 2 times him making crosses into the box - surely thats an assist attempt??

It may require a NUFC player getting on the end of the ball.

Harper's pasing accuracy is 43%.  Someone needs to work on distribution with him and tell him to pass to one of the centerbacks most of the time unless he's under pressure.

I was also surprised by Owen having a 100% passing accuracy from 22 passes.

Interesting these stats. Are they avalable after every match?

I think so because they were definitely there for a previous game this season.

Interesting stuff.

Aye a poor mans pro zone! :lol:

Very interesting. Owens passing was very impressive. Geremi ran the midfield.

Most interesting thing about the stats is the amount of times Butt gives the ball away with a sloppy pass.

Your holding midfielder should have the highest % of completed passes in your whole team, up towards 90%. Butt hardly ever gets over 70%.

Compare some of our stats to that of Arsenal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2007/09/03/sfgars103.xml