New five year deal for N'Zogbia

Dave

imagine last season if n'zogs form had turned out like that and we hadn't even had duff ? there is as much evidence to suggest his lack of form was due to "made it " syndrome as being pissed off at them bringing someone else in

Parker obviously thought he'd made it, that's why he publicly told Roeder to shove it at the end of last season. Roeder is probably still sending him unanswered texts while Big Sam is tying up hot Newcastle performers like N'Zogbia and Milner to decent long term contracts. Who got it wrong and who got it right is obvious to all but the wilfully blind.

not reaaly as n'zog fell into the parker sect of doing it one year and being shit the next

imagine last season if n'zogs form had turned out like that and we hadn't even had duff ? there is as much evidence to suggest his lack of form was due to "made it " syndrome as being pissed off at them bringing someone else in

Parker obviously thought he'd made it, that's why he publicly told Roeder to shove it at the end of last season. Roeder is probably still sending him unanswered texts while Big Sam is tying up hot Newcastle performers like N'Zogbia and Milner to decent long term contracts. Who got it wrong and who got it right is obvious to all but the wilfully blind.

not reaaly as n'zog fell into the parker sect of doing it one year and being shit the next

So Roeder had it sussed all along then. No doubt Spurs England and Man U will be head-hunting this supreme leader whoes only downfall was injuries and his best players recovering from them.

not reaaly as n'zog fell into the parker sect of doing it one year and being s*** the next

So Roeder had it sussed all along then. No doubt Spurs England and Man U will be head-hunting this supreme leader whoes only downfall was injuries and his best players recovering from them.

not so much roeder had it ssuused ,nor is it n'zogbia is the injured party,more probably neither helped themselves

not reaaly as n'zog fell into the parker sect of doing it one year and being s*** the next

absolutely, his man management skill and motivational nouse are known in the game to be second to none, that fact that he never once had a go at a star player during his time at the club, and constantly shouted at the young lads, is the icing on the cake for me, go glenn

excellent news this!

Sir Bobby's parting gift to this club.

A star in the making

I dont think SBR can get the credit tbh. I sure i read somewhere that a scout saw him and was impressed and so he was bought.

Sometimes i think managers like Wenger get a lot of praise for finding players like Fabregas etc etc when in truth its the scouts that find the talent and the managers then developes the player.

excellent news this!

Sir Bobby's parting gift to this club.

A star in the making

I dont think SBR can get the credit tbh. I sure i read somewhere that a scout saw him and was impressed and so he was bought.

Sometimes i think managers like Wenger get a lot of praise for finding players like Fabregas etc etc when in truth its the scouts that find the talent and the managers then developes the player.

Zoggy would not have been bought had Robson said he didn't like the look of him. I'm pretty sure managers do take a look at players recommended to them by scouts before going after them!?

It was whoever our head scout used to be who spotted him and he got brought for a trial and everyone was impressed with him (particularly Alan Shearer who said something like "Don't let that kid leave without signing a contract"). Then there was a big ruffle from Le Havre who believed they had him on some slavery contract which seems to be standard over there.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1106410,00.html

Sam Speaks:  Big Future For Little Charles At Toon

By Craig Hope

SAM Allardyce has predicted a long and successful career for Charles N'Zogbia with Newcastle United after the French star penned a new five-year deal at St.James' Park.

N'Zogbia admitted that he had been unsetlled towards the end of last season, but after signing his new contract this week he spoke of his delight at securing his Toon future.

And that delight is echoed by Allardyce who has been impressed by a player who has started the campaign in sparkling form.

"He has impressed me with his performances and his ability, as well as his versatility to play in a variety of positions," said the 52-year-old gaffer.

"The new contract is thoroughly deserved and hopefully he will have a long and successful career at Newcastle United.

"There were a few issues which will remain private and confidential last season, but all we wanted to do was get Charlie concentrating on and enjoying his football again.

"He was a bit unsettled when I arrived, but I've been very impressed with his performances on the pitch and his attitude. He has worked very hard, as well as being one of biggest pluses in the first few games of the season.

"He didn't figure much last season and he also picked up an injury. He was frustrated and maybe he was a bit disillusioned at the club, but with a new regime he has blossomed really.

"He is a young man with a lot of talent and we hope he will be a big player for us this season and in the future."

And Big Sam was quick to recommend that the 21-year-old was rewarded with a new contract.

"I recommended to the club that he was given a new contract because I've been really happy with his contribution to the team," he added.

"His performances this season haven't just been recognised with this new contract because he has also been called into the France Under-21 squad which is a measure of how well he has done."

N'Zogbia has found the net twice already this season having operated as a left-back for Allardyce, and it is that adaptability and willingness to play in a defensive role which has pleased the United boss.

"Charles has the ability to play in a number of positions and he has done well wherever we've put him. He has played at left-back and wide left in a four-man midfield and has been excellent in both.

"In terms of being a left-back in the long term, there are things he can still learn and he will get better as he learns those things in training and in games. He has the ability to excel in both positions, which is a great situation to be in for a young man like him."

Still hope he's used on the wong when Enrique comes in, like.

I slagged him off last year but am happy to admit i was wrong.

I don't think it's a case of being wrong, N'Zogbia contributed just as much to his downfall last season as Roeder did and he didn't do himself any favours when he did play, he looked like he couldn't be fucked most of the time.

He's a good lad with bags of potential however he's not at the level where an attitude like that should be tolerated, you make exceptions for the very best players but not for young lads with half a good season under their belt who think they're on par with Lionel Messi.

Fair play to Allardyce for getting him back on track.

I don't think it's a case of being wrong, N'Zogbia contributed just as much to his downfall last season as Roeder did and he didn't do himself any favours when he did play, he looked like he couldn't be fucked most of the time.

He's a good lad with bags of potential however he's not at the level where an attitude like that should be tolerated, you make exceptions for the very best players but not for young lads with half a good season under their belt who think they're on par with Lionel Messi.

That sounds really good but it didn't get Roeder very far. I prefer Allardyce's methods which includes something called man-management.