Newcastle Vs England

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely pointless thread. Most fans support their club over their country. Or was this thread designed so it can be filled with people saying "couldn't give a shit about England, would rather see Newcastle win the masters than England win the world cup"?

Absolutely pointless thread. Most fans support their club over their country. Or was this thread designed so it can be filled with people saying "couldn't give a shit about England, would rather see Newcastle win the masters than England win the world cup"?

Agreed

Absolutely pointless thread. Most fans support their club over their country. Or was this thread designed so it can be filled with people saying "couldn't give a s*** about England, would rather see Newcastle win the masters than England win the world cup"?

Just wondered what most fans thought i think a few years ago it would have been very close and a tough choice

I also think that because of the managers appointed and failures of the team alot of support has been lost

At this moment in time I have as much interest in the Czech Republic (Rozehnal) as I do England (Smith, Owen).

I won't take much interest in England until McClaren fucks off.

That is one of the reason i asked is it just because of McClaren or not

If I had to choose, I'd choose Newcastle, but the fact is 99.99999999999....% of the time I don't have to make that choice, so it's pretty irrelevant really.

Having said that I can't remember the last time I enjoyed, or even got that excited about, an England game. If I miss them I'm not that fussed, if I miss one of our games, I'm gutted.

At this moment in time I have as much interest in the Czech Republic (Rozehnal) as I do England (Smith, Owen).

I won't take much interest in England until McClaren fucks off.

That is one of the reason i asked is it just because of McClaren or not

yeah.  If we were cruising through qualification, had beaten Brazil, done Germany over and played entertaining football I'd take more of an interest, without a shadow of a doubt, I'm English.

However international football is only 6-8 games per year if that, whereas with club football of course there's 38+ games.

Millions of people can get behind Ing-gur-land, but only so many people will get behind Newcastle.  There's obviously a greater sense of unity and passion in club football.

That's why it boils my piss when on SSN and the like, you see the "official England supporters group" boasting about how loyal they are because they went to Macedonia away, but when you see the flags they carry, it has "Barnet" or "Morecambe" (without disrespect to those clubs) on them.  They've only taken to following England because their local clubs aren't going anywhere, and are desperate to find some form of glory (obviously they haven't seen England isn't the right choice to make to find such a thing).

couldn't give a shit about England, would rather see Newcastle win a throw in than England win the world cup

No offence, but that post is fucking ridiculous.

a) Newcastle and England - It's not a case of one or the other. You don't have to hate England because you support Newcastle

b) Now there is a slight chance i'm wrong, but i'm 99.9% certain that if England won the world cup you'd have flags up in your window and be out partying with the rest of the nation.

So why do you hate the country that you are from?

during the domestic season newcastle, during the world cup/euro championships england. not so concerned about england during qualifying or friendlies as it is pretty boring, while during a tournament when newcastle aren't playing, england takes priority.

Is anyone worried if England continue to be shit, and Maclaren gets sacked, that big Sam could be off? or has the way the bung shit was dealt with and being overlooked the last time put Sam off the idea ?

Is anyone worried if England continue to be s***, and Maclaren gets sacked, that big Sam could be off? or has the way the bung s*** was dealt with and being overlooked the last time put Sam off the idea ?

Was actually wondering this last night

I reckon Mourinho would get it

couldn't give a shit about England, would rather see Newcastle win a throw in than England win the world cup

No offence, but that post is fucking ridiculous.

a) Newcastle and England - It's not a case of one or the other. You don't have to hate England because you support Newcastle

b) Now there is a slight chance i'm wrong, but i'm 99.9% certain that if England won the world cup you'd have flags up in your window and be out partying with the rest of the nation.

So why do you hate the country that you are from?

do we have a biter?

being serious - the point is that i care much more about Newcastle than i do about England, England winning a game means nothing to me, whereas a Newcastle game means everything, no where did i say i hate england

why do you support Newcastle?

because i feel i 'belong' there, whereas england as a whole has much less feeling for me