On Saturday 6th of October...

Dinho lad

Shocking stuff.

Perhaps we should tell Sky to stick their new tv deal that could make the club £40 million+ per season in favour of 3pm kick offs? We can also pull all English clubs out of Uefa cup as that moves too many games to Sunday too.

Why have they all been moved?

Only 3 of them are on telly:

Sun 07/10 12:00 Setanta Sports Arsenal v Sunderland Premier League

Football Sun 07/10 14:00 Sky Sports 1 Reading v Derby County Premier League

Football Sun 07/10 16:10 Sky Sports 1 Fulham v Portsmouth Premier League

It is a European week, which would explain Spurs, Bolton, Everton and Blackburn's matches being moved.

Guest Ridzuan

Never expected this to happen but I think with the current TV deals and all that stuff,its unavoidable.I dont like to see the normal tradition being change but at the same time,I dont think that it would make much difference if most of the games were being played on Sunday as well.

Why are people blaming TV deals? Only 3 games have been moved that weekend for TV just like any other weekend. The remaining 6 games had to be moved because the clubs involved play in Europe on Thursday night and in the case of Man City/'Boro it was moved because of policing reasons.

the 6th is also my birthday, and i was hoping to fly to newcastle to watch the match that day - what better way to celebrate getting one step closer to the grave.... now i have to take monday off work as well, as i cannot make it back sunday night

bollocks, saturday matches are so great

i do like all the tv matches though - good for us foreigners.

sky chose some crackers from that week

Surely the TV companies could have chosen games involving teams playing in the UEFA Cup?

I accept it doesn't work like that, but I'd rather watch Bolton-Chelsea, Liverpool-Spurs and Newcastle-Everton than any of the above tripe.

sky chose some crackers from that week

they have to show every team a minimum number of times so they get them out the way early so later in the season they can pick games that look good at the time (6 pointers)

Guest thenorthumbrian

I blame Television for the demise of the pink.

I didn't read it all that much but I still expected it to be there just in case.

Guest optimistic nit

Surely the TV companies could have chosen games involving teams playing in the UEFA Cup?

I accept it doesn't work like that, but I'd rather watch Bolton-Chelsea, Liverpool-Spurs and Newcastle-Everton than any of the above tripe.

exactamundo. i'd imagine they'd rather show those matches as well, which makes the fact they haven't even more bizzare.