Euro 2008

Kev

Had £10 on Albania to win @ 23/1, Netherlands score an own goal and it gets disallowed, THEN THAT FUCKING HORSE FACED CUNT SCORES IN THE 91ST MINUTE.

FUCKING FUMING.

What difference did RvN's goal make?

It actually stood unlike Albania's goal? :lol:

Had £10 on Albania to win @ 23/1, Netherlands score an own goal and it gets disallowed, THEN THAT FUCKING HORSE FACED CUNT SCORES IN THE 91ST MINUTE.

FUCKING FUMING.

You still weren't winning your bet though... ;)

Is it mean to ressurect this:

didn't think Carrick was too bad. Thought Barry was very pedestrian when he came on, his average technique stood out a mile for me and it's something that would cause him problems if he played in a competitive match.

Aye, because he struggles in the Premier League, like.

at international level. can't see anything in barry that makes me think he can play for England. england have enough players with average technique and don't need any more of the scott parker, lee bowyer, gareth barry brigade. Carrick's in a different league to him, i'm afraid, and he is run of the mill at international level.

Frankly, you're talking bollocks. Germany alone have proved that you don't need to have 11 Maradona's on the pitch to progress in World Cups and Euros.

Even the german midfielders have movement, control and short passing that puts our lads to shame. i think barry is your typical english midfielder who only looks good playing at a helter skelter pace. so a good player for an O'Neill team. you've got to assess players on the international stage by a different set of criteria and i don't think barry has an ounce of what you need. english fans are always mystified at how players who are average in the premiership can look so good at international level, but it is a different style of game. just cos a player looks good/bad in the domestic league doesn't mean it will translate onto a different stage.

:lol:

fair enough, looks like i was wrong about Barry. not convinced he'll do long-term tho, israel and russia arenn't exactly stellar opposition, and likewise, i wouldn't want Heskey in the team based on the last two games. at the moment i think hargreaves and carrick are better but barry should certainly be in the squad.

Carrick has done absolutely nothing in the international stage when given a chance and has been rather average for Man U too. No way Carrick is better than Barry has been.

i've never seen what is so special about carrick

The biggest mystery of all is that Man United signed him then Hargreaves

how is that a mystery? they are completely different players. like saying milan can't play with pirlo and gattuso, or chelsea with mikel and essien, or before that, makelele and tiago. the reason man utd signed him is because his passing range and vision is so good, whereas hargreaves has better movement, tackling and touch. at the moment i'd say Barry is in the middle, has a bit of both these, rather than either/or. which is a lot more than i expected from him tbf to the lad. but i'd say carrick and hargreaves are ahead as they've exceptional qualities whereas barry is a bit of an allrounder and i think you need more than that ultimately, as well as he has done against two poor sides.

Unreal result in France.

Basically means one of the WC finalists will not qualify for the finals.

Well, unless Scotland chuck it all away.

Thats bollocks tbh

With only two points in it and Scotland having the worst run of games out of the top three we could easily still not qualify.  Ukraine and Italy and home and Georgia away are far from easy games and I still wouldn't be surprised if we did not qualify.

FUCKING FUMING.

I still don't see how an own goal can get disallowed tbh.

Had £10 on Albania to win @ 23/1, Netherlands score an own goal and it gets disallowed, THEN THAT f****** HORSE FACED c*** SCORES IN THE 91ST MINUTE.

f****** FUMING.

What was it disallowed for? A push? A player in an offside position?

Unreal result in France.

Thats bollocks tbh

With only two points in it and Scotland having the worst run of games out of the top three we could easily still not qualify.  Ukraine and Italy and home and Georgia away are far from easy games and I still wouldn't be surprised if we did not qualify.

Too right.

France will get 9 from 9, where Scotland will bottle it in Georgia and if not at home to Ukraine, then it'll be beat Italy or nowt.

FUCKING FUMING.

Context of the OG? Fouls etc?

This game has finally convinced me that there's a better option in the middle than the Gerrard - Lampard combination. Gerrard looked good going forward, and Barry looked very confident behind him.

Wright-Phillips has really added something - thank fuck he got his chance instead of Beckham. He can still improve though - which is very encouraging.

What an awesome player Richards is. Barring injuries, Gary Neville has won his last cap.

Still can't see why Phil Neville is in there. 90 minutes gone, 3-0 up, he had a chance to thread the ball through to a player going forward and he knocked it back to his centre back. Not an international player.

It was interesting to see the three pundits humming and ha-ing about what to do when Rooney comes back. Heskey opened things up a lot for us, so I'd keep him, and Rooney is our best player. Tough on Owen, but in an away game when we're up against it, Rooney's the better option.

Guest Rangers Mag

Unreal result in France.

Will still be France & Italy. Really can't see Scotland beating Italy at Hampden.

Don't really need to beat them to be honest.  If we beat Ukraine and Georgia then a draw against Italy will be enough.

Scotland would go through on a better head to head assuming France and Italy win the rest of their games.

Still a tall order but so was doing the double over France  :celb:  :kasper:

It was interesting to see the three pundits humming and ha-ing about what to do when Rooney comes back. Heskey opened things up a lot for us, so I'd keep him, and Rooney is our best player. Tough on Owen, but in an away game when we're up against it, Rooney's the better option.

You'd drop Owen after three goals in two games?

Guest kingdawson

James Mcfadden, what a player he could be (or could have been) if:

a) he starts being more consistant

b) Everton give him a run of games

No idea, just read it on some website

Had £10 on Albania to win @ 23/1, Netherlands score an own goal and it gets disallowed, THEN THAT f****** HORSE FACED c*** SCORES IN THE 91ST MINUTE.

f****** FUMING.

What was it disallowed for? A push? A player in an offside position?

Apparantly, Emmanuelson kicked it out for a corner, someone had the corner and it come off his shin and it went in, but it got disallowed?

No idea, didn't watch the match, only going by what I heard.

The further agony for Scotlnd is that they finish their games before everyone else so they could be top of the group after their last game and then still not qualify as its Ukraine v France and Italy v Faroe Islands. However that's a tough game to finish with for the French though.

Guest LucaAltieri

My thoughts on the England game tonight for what its worth:

• Robinson still looks shakey. The defenders dont look to have too much confidence in him either. I'd have James as first choice.
  • Ashley Cole is shite. I don't care how fast he is, or how good he is going forward: he can't defend. A fit Wayne Bridge should start ahead of him every time.
  • I agree that Hesky has done well these last couple of games, however, I think Crouch offers much the same sort of thing. Only Crouch is better than Hesky with the ball at his feet and he can contribute goals. Hesky in the squad, but Crouch starting along side Owen for me.
  • Owen is still class. End of that discussion.
  • I agree with most on here. Lampard and Gerrard can't play together, Gareth Barry has made the central midfield role his with one of Gerrard (my pick) or Fat Frank. Hargreaves and Smith in the squad to cover Barry. We don't need Carrick.
  • Joe Cole didn't impress tonight. His first touch was shite. However, that's quite obviously a one-off below-par performance.
  • SWP is quick but can't pick out a cross to save his life. SWP and Lennon/Pennant in the squad for when we need an injection of pace, but starting on the right it has to be Beckham.
  • Richards is now an England player. Neville in the squad for cover.
  • Rooney is by far and away a better player than Crouch or Heskey, BUT his style of play doesn't suit England. I take the view its not about picking the best 11 players, but the best 11 for your system. Rooney doesn't fit the system. Definately bring him in the squad for when we need a plan B, but not an automatic starter.