Women's World Cup

Dave

thought canada looked decent, their players actually look like athletes.  The brazil side looked very good too, as technical on the ball as you would expect, but they also seemed to have pace and strngth.

Dont forget those pitches in china are conference league standard, did you see the state of the one in the england/germany game!!  The players had to stamp the grass back in as they played!!

I agree though that many of the teams seem to lack stamina, the games are all been played at european football pace, in non european heat, thats hard to appreciate when sitting watching in chilly old england.

Looks like Engand are in the Quarters. Looking good today I thought.

Argentina have only been playing womens football for 10 years by the way, and it's not a fully proffessional game anywhere in the world so if theres any chance of giving them a break?  :coolsmiley: Nah ? oh well.  :lol:

Well done England!  :celb:

Argentina have only been playing womens football for 10 years by the way, and it's not a fully proffessional game anywhere in the world so if theres any chance of giving them a break?  :coolsmiley: Nah ? oh well.  :lol:

6-1, sorry. I'm sure they're all trying their hardest, or something equally condescending.

6-1, sorry. I'm sure they're all trying their hardest, or something equally condescending.

:laugh: no it's alright really, they are crap, they have had a crap world cup, but I think England have done very well today.

(I do think that they (Argentina) have come a long way in 10 years though. Just wanted to say that as well)

i would feel much more confident if our main striker looked like scoring a goal.  Aluko looks low on confidence, am bored with her scuffed shots for 30yards.

She nearly buried a good strike early on but then her confidence seemed to flow away as she missed a few, all a bit worrying.

Smith looked on fire today.  The goal she scored from yankeys cross was fab!!!

USA should beat us tbh.    But i feel proud of our overall performance; the team as a whole has achieved as much as it could do given the mediocre quality of the strikers. [am counting k smith as an attack midfielder]

tbh its been far more entertaining watching this then the ecup mens qualifiers. 

i would feel much more confident if our main striker looked like scoring a goal.  Aluko looks low on confidence, am bored with her scuffed shots for 30yards.

She nearly buried a good strike early on but then her confidence seemed to flow away as she missed a few, all a bit worrying.

Smith looked on fire today.  The goal she scored from yankeys cross was fab!!!

USA should beat us tbh.    But i feel proud of our overall performance; the team as a whole has achieved as much as it could do given the mediocre quality of the strikers. [am counting k smith as an attack midfielder]

tbh its been far more entertaining watching this then the ecup mens qualifiers. 

This isn't what I want to hear.

This is what I want to hear:

This was the top story today on Ceefax page 302! Does it really warrant such publicity for what is essentially a minority sport?

Guest Geordiesned

So if they're kicking off at lunchtime who the hell's making the dinner???

[/chauvinist]

They are all rug munchers anyway so im sure their partners will be doing it.

[/tops Sneds post]

:D

In all seriousness though, have they not got a nice cake they should be baking?

[/genuine question]

:D

Guest LucaAltieri

i thought we were crap , until one of the commentators pointed out that england women are only semi professional!!

That sort of puts it in perspective. 

We still need a striker!   Move jill scott up front!

Agree that we need a striker, but apart from that I'd say we matched the US in every area, barring the first 15 minutes of the second half.

Our women could probably give our men a lesson in keeping hold of the ball.

• 7 years later...
Guest GallowgateKev

Much fanny on the go?

I'll set my sky planner to record if so....

And I mean good looking!!!