Premiership Expensive flops XI

Mowen

I think "expensive flop" needs to be in the context of the club you're talking about, so I just did a google.

This thread gives me the opportunity to post this list of footballlers (?) signed by the s**** just down the road by Peytar Reid.

Bernt Haas £2.5m

Medina £3.5m

Laslandes £3.5m

Fredgaard £2.5m

Oster £2.5m

Flo £6m

There are bound to be others but I can't find them listed right now.

Tyson Nunez

Emmerson Thome

thomas helmer

it was milton nunez,not tyson.

Del Horno? A flop? Hardly.

Far better player than any one on that team.

Still one of very best, if not the best lb in the game.

In fairness I had spent ages working out the team, realised I didn't have a LB and knew that he was expensive and had left for a loss after a year. I notice no other fucker has attempted a team!

Carl Cort is a must.

For the XI? More of an expensive flop than Rebrov, Grabbi, Marlet, Balaban and Shevchenko?

If you can be arsed can you post how many goals they have scored at the clubs they flopped at.

Just going off wiki as can't be arsed to look properly but..

Rebrov 10 in 60. Not as bad as I thought, but as an £11m record signing that's still wank. Pretty sure he left for nothing as well.

Marlet: 11 in 54. Exactly the same comments as for Rebrov, but this one cost £12m

Grabbi: 2 in 30 :lol: £7.5m iirc.

Balaban: Never started, never scored. £5.8m :lol:

Shev 4 in 30 - doesn't sound right though. Everyone knows about how well he's done at Chelsea though, a snip at £30m.

Cort's 7 in 22 and "only" a £5m loss looks like good business in comparison!

Please note all these figures are from wiki, so don't try and bollock me if they're wrong.

cant remember the name of the belgian international signed for Villa a few years ago, scored on his debut, got injured and never played again...............Giles ? somethingorother

That was giles de bilde, who also played for wednesday. I just looked him up on wiki and found this about him:

"De Bilde's arrival on the pitch as a second half substitute brought instant cat calls from Wednesday fans and a serenade of "Gilles de Bilde, can he fix it? Gilles de Bilde, can he f*ck""  ;D

cant remember the name of the belgian international signed for Villa a few years ago, scored on his debut, got injured and never played again...............Giles ? somethingorother

Luc Nillis. Shame, that one.

See also Ivo Stas, who we signed, who never played a game for us, yet scored for us in Europe. Work that one out.

And the person who mentioned Savo .... firstly, he only cost 3.5m. Secondly, he scored 29 goals in 85 league matches. Hardly brilliant, but one in three is hardly flop territory.

I think you may be thinking of Bosko Balaban, our Luque.

And the person who mentioned Savo .... firstly, he only cost 3.5m. Secondly, he scored 29 goals in 85 league matches. Hardly brilliant, but one in three is hardly flop territory.

Eh?

EDIT: Quoted completely the wrong bit there. :blush:  I was meant to be eh-ing at the Ivo Stas thing...

Eh?

EDIT: Quoted completely the wrong bit there. :blush:  I was meant to be eh-ing at the Ivo Stas thing...

Scored an own goal against us for Banik Ostrava in the UEFA cup. We decided to buy him, he got injured in training, never played again.