Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Have the 2 yanks fallen out over the running of LFC or is it something else btw?  ???

They fell out about 3 months ago apparently. It is believed over issues reg the restructuring of loans, the stadium and what to do about Benny. Pretty much everything then..ho ho..

I think on some levels they never had the commitment that a club like Liverpool deserves and imo never fully understood the football business.

I don't think these 'types' are good for our game.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has mixed with the Toon Army at away games, but rumour from St James' Park today suggests he is having second thoughts with tension getting near fever pitch due to poor results.

Not only are fans becoming very frustrated with the form of the team and serious threat of relegation, but Ashley will take a warning from the scenes at Liverpool at the weekend.

The American owners of Liverpool saw a public relations stunt go sadly wrong as they walked into a pub to mix with the Reds' fans.

Tom Hicks Jnr says the Liverpool fans who spat and threw lager over him will not drive him out of the club.

The 6ft 4in son of Tom Hicks, one of the club's American co-owners, was forced to leave the Sandon pub near Anfield by a number of angry supporters after attending Saturday's Premier League win over Middlesbrough.

Hicks Jnr, who was made a director along with Foster Gillett, son of George, made a surprise visit to the pub, which served as the meeting place for the formation of the club in 1892.

He was with friends and security men and at first there were no problems as he responded to questions from fans.

But the atmosphere became unpleasant as a crowd formed. He had lager thrown at him and one fan spat at him before he was driven away.

He said: "I've wanted to go for quite some time to see the birthplace of the club. I also wanted the opportunity to have a direct talk with some of the supporters.

"I respect that some patrons have major disagreements with us, but that comes with the territory. I did have several constructive conversations in my short visit and look forward to following up with them next time I am in Liverpool."

He made no complaint to Merseyside Police over the incident and the matter is unlikely to be pursued.

Some fans want Hicks and Gillett to sell up, claiming they have not kept the promises made at the time of their takeover 12 months ago and have also treated manager Rafa Benitez unfairly.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has mixed with the Toon Army at away games, but rumour from St James' Park today suggests he is having second thoughts with tension getting near fever pitch due to poor results.

Not only are fans becoming very frustrated with the form of the team and serious threat of relegation, but Ashley will take a warning from the scenes at Liverpool at the weekend.

The American owners of Liverpool saw a public relations stunt go sadly wrong as they walked into a pub to mix with the Reds' fans.

Tom Hicks Jnr says the Liverpool fans who spat and threw lager over him will not drive him out of the club.

The 6ft 4in son of Tom Hicks, one of the club's American co-owners, was forced to leave the Sandon pub near Anfield by a number of angry supporters after attending Saturday's Premier League win over Middlesbrough.

Hicks Jnr, who was made a director along with Foster Gillett, son of George, made a surprise visit to the pub, which served as the meeting place for the formation of the club in 1892.

He was with friends and security men and at first there were no problems as he responded to questions from fans.

But the atmosphere became unpleasant as a crowd formed. He had lager thrown at him and one fan spat at him before he was driven away.

He said: "I've wanted to go for quite some time to see the birthplace of the club. I also wanted the opportunity to have a direct talk with some of the supporters.

"I respect that some patrons have major disagreements with us, but that comes with the territory. I did have several constructive conversations in my short visit and look forward to following up with them next time I am in Liverpool."

He made no complaint to Merseyside Police over the incident and the matter is unlikely to be pursued.

Some fans want Hicks and Gillett to sell up, claiming they have not kept the promises made at the time of their takeover 12 months ago and have also treated manager Rafa Benitez unfairly.

:lol:

They haven't got the balls, self-awareness or humility to run a club steeped in tradition like Liverpool. Quicker they fuck off the better.

Guest Knightrider

They haven't got the balls, self-awareness or humility to run a club steeped in tradition like Liverpool. Quicker they fuck off the better.

I'm loving the hypocrisy from LFC fans and their double standards. They themselves sold their souls to the devil because in the Yanks they thought they had landed a pair of money men who would pump money into their club, they didn't care where it come from or who was writing the cheques they just wanted their money. Yet when they wake up to the fact (DURH!) that the Yanks want the very same thing, their and their club's money, they go apeshit. :lol:

Why is it OK for them to take take take, yet the Yanks can't do the same?

They deserve each other as they are both the same.

Liverpool league form irks Steven Gerrard

By Tim Rich

Last Updated: 7:31am GMT 28/02/2008

Have your say      Read comments

Liverpool's culture of domestic underachievement has come under fire from Steven Gerrard , who has insisited that not even winning the Champions League would make up for another season without a genuine title challenge.

Telegraph TV: Football and Premier League highlights

In pics: Premier League action | Liverpool homepage

Although the Liverpool captain's attitude might alter if should he lift the European Cup in Moscow, he spoke for many at Anfield when he argued that the league was now more important than European success. Gerrard was scathing about their target of finishing fourth to re-qualify for the Champions League, which the Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez, now accepts is the limit of their domestic ambitions.

Falling short: Steven Gerrard takes issue with Liverpool's form

"You don't get any prizes in football for finishing in second place, never mind fourth," said Gerrard. "I don't think the fans would accept fourth as an accomplishment and for me it is not nearly good enough. Even if we do finish fourth, it doesn't mean we have had a good season.

"We have to have bigger ambitions than that. The only way we can fulfil those ambitions is in the Champions League and I am not going to pretend that even winning that trophy - and we are a long way from that at the moment - will make up for the disappointments of the league campaign. I am pretty gutted every time I look at the league table and see the gap between ourselves and Arsenal at the top.

"We believed we had the players to challenge for the title; we wanted that more than any trophy available to us. I still believe we have the squad to be a hell of a lot more competitive than we are now."

Some will read these words as a direct attack on Benitez, a manager he is not as close to as his predecessor, Gerard Houllier. In an interview in the club's magazine, Gerrard does go on to say that Liverpool "have the stadium, the manager and the players to compete for the Premier League". However, it will hardly count as an endorsement of a man who after winning two La Liga titles at Valencia has not mounted a serious championship challenge on Merseyside.

advertisement

Gerrard's remarks that he is becoming increasingly tired of promising fans that this will be Liverpool's year may be a hint that three years after turning his back on a move to Chelsea, he is again looking beyond Anfield. He has been linked with a move to Real Madrid. "I am getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again," added. "We can't keep talking about 'next season' all the time. There are only so many times you can say it and believe it. Sooner or later, we have to do the talking on the pitch.

"We need to make people believe it. I am 27 now and I don't want to be talking about 'next season' when I am 32. We have no chance if we are always out of it by the first week in January."

Gerrard said the disputes between Benitez and the club's American owners had "made it easy for those in the media who don't like Liverpool".

"It has not been a good situation for anybody," he added. "It is sad so much of the club's business has been conducted in public. The club I grew up supporting always did its business behind closed doors."

If he's twisting and crying about things being aired in public then why has he come out with all of this to the Nation's press? Surely he should have gone straight to the Americans with his concerns?

I'm loving the hypocrisy from LFC fans and their double standards. They themselves sold their souls to the devil because in the Yanks they thought they had landed a pair of money men who would pump money into their club, they didn't care where it come from or who was writing the cheques they just wanted their money. Yet when they wake up to the fact (DURH!) that the Yanks want the very same thing, their and their club's money, they go apeshit. :lol:

Why is it OK for them to take take take, yet the Yanks can't do the same?

They deserve each other as they are both the same.

Don't forget Moores was hawking the club around for years before the Americans swooped in at the last second and pressed a few more quid into his hands than anyone else had offered. We didn't chase off Moores because he wasn't investing his own cash in the club, he said years ago himself he was looking to sell to someone who could and would make major investment. It was his plan, not ours.

No doubt, you'd all be having a pop at Ashley if he were busy piling his own debts onto your club instead of paying it off.

Javier Mascherano has signed a four-year contract to stay with Liverpool on a permanent basis.

The Argentine midfielder told the club's official website: "I am very, very happy and now I can concentrate just on playing football," Mascherano told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I said all along that I wanted to stay at Liverpool and now that I have signed I can say this is the best and the biggest moment in my career so far.

"From the first day I arrived at Liverpool the feeling was good and I knew this was where I wanted to play my football. It's good news for me and my family that everything is sorted and I know where my future is going to be. I just want to do my best for the fans and the people of the club."

Goodbye Alonso?

SSn's reckon today is the day something will happen with Liverpool

DIC have tabled an offer and told the yanks take it or leave it by the end of the day.

The yanks would walk away with making £25m for a years 'work'

But there's the consent issue and Hicks is dragging his heels and rumours are the hated one wants to buy Gillette out and have the club from himself.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like Everton may only lose one game in the run in. Nice.  :pow:

If they lose tomorrow then they'll be depending on the two London clubs to beat Liverpool, and then they'll have to win all of their remaining games as well. Tomorrow's a big big game for Everton.

• 3 weeks later...

Rafael Benitez last night demanded an immediate showdown with Liverpool's American co-owners and said he felt his position had been "undermined" following revelations of chief executive Rick Parry's presence in a meeting with Jurgen Klinsmann.

Having steered a delicate course through the Anfield civil war, Benitez broke cover following his side's 3-1 victory over Blackburn yesterday and stressed his urgent need for answers over the club's approach to Klinsmann and desire to get feuding co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett together in the same room as Parry.

Crisis? Rafael Benitez wants an urgent meeting with his bosses

"It was a surprise to read about some meetings," Benitez said. "I need to talk with the board and clarify the situation and I want to do that as soon as possible. I was surprised with the people that were in the meeting.

"It's not the first time I knew about the meeting, but about the people that were in the meeting. I feel my position is being undermined and that is why I want to clarify the situation.

"I need to speak to all of them, preferably all at the same time. They were in a meeting together, so I need to know something more. I will ask some questions."

Probably thinks it's safe to lash out a bit now....