Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

I'm starting to think Hicks is the one in the right.

If he can get full control of the club i reckon in a few years he'll be the best bet to get them on level terms with manu.

Let's hope he fails then. [scrooge/]

I think he'll succeed in the end. More balls and front than Gillette, and has basically made Parry place at the club unmanageable. He will refuse to sell to anyone, and Gillette will get fuked off eventually and sell to him.

....there is a good chance the Dubai iirc consortium will take over at some point. It really is getting perhaps too messy for the Americans.

I think there is very little chance.

Hicks simply will not sell and Gillette can only sell with Hicks' permission, which he'll never get now, not in a million years.

GG will crumble to Hicks, make a few million and part ways before the start of the new season. Parry might survive till then with GG's backing.

My Spanish mate has just munched down a plate full of paella!

There is still a chance Mourinho might go there if they don't get Wenger or Van Basten is deemed too inexperienced. Cruyff has some say there still and will push for Van Basten with Rijkaard maybe going as Dutch national coach or part of that set up.

KK would make a good Barca manager imho.

If he can get full control of the club i reckon in a few years he'll be the best bet to get them on level terms with manu.

I think he'll succeed in the end. More balls and front than Gillette, and has basically made Parry place at the club unmanageable. He will refuse to sell to anyone, and Gillette will get fuked off eventually and sell to him.

....there is a good chance the Dubai iirc consortium will take over at some point. It really is getting perhaps too messy for the Americans.

Hicks simply will not sell and Gillette can only sell with Hicks' permission, which he'll never get now, not in a million years.

GG will crumble to Hicks, make a few million and part ways before the start of the new season. Parry might survive till then with GG's backing.

You think Benny will survive the shake-up?

You think Benny will survive the shake-up?

Rafa's got the job unless he doesn't want it anymore. He'll survive any shake-up, especially the one i reckon will happen, its just up to him now if he stays or goes. Got to say, no one will blame him if he heads for the exit doors.

It's very hard to know how this is going to end up. Successful businessmen hate losing, and there's no sign of one or the other backing down.

(Tee hee)

Don't know an awful lot about either of them but I get the impression Hicks will just dig his heels in. It's a situation that's been managed terribly by them all. For a club which allegedly doesn't wash it's dirty linen in public, they're giving an awful lot of interviews. You'd have thought they'd all just shut the fuck up and phone each other rather than inviting Sky round to discuss things.

It's very hard to know how this is going to end up. Successful businessmen hate losing, and there's no sign of one or the other backing down.

(Tee hee)

Don't know an awful lot about either of them but I get the impression Hicks will just dig his heels in. It's a situation that's been managed terribly by them all. For a club which allegedly doesn't wash it's dirty linen in public, they're giving an awful lot of interviews. You'd have thought they'd all just shut the fuck up and phone each other rather than inviting Sky round to discuss things.

One thing that's always struck me is just how childishly a lot of rich and successful businessmen can be when they feel that someone has got one over on them. You'd have thought they could rise above it, but they can be incredibly petty and vindictive.

(Tee hee)

One thing that's always struck me is just how childishly a lot of rich and successful businessmen can be when they feel that someone has got one over on them. You'd have thought they could rise above it, but they can be incredibly petty and vindictive.

Aye well, I'll be quite happy to see them ripping bits off each other in public for the forseeable tbh.

Never liked Liverpool.

(Tee hee)

Aye well, I'll be quite happy to see them ripping bits off each other in public for the forseeable tbh.

Never liked Liverpool.

:smug:

Guest Bendo

He will never be Barca manager cause his football is the most boring s*** in Christendom....

So boring that in all competition we have scored more than any of the other top 4, but the papers say it's boring so it must be.

He will never be Barca manager cause his football is the most boring s*** in Christendom....

So boring that in all competition we have scored more than any of the other top 4, but the papers say it's boring so it must be.

To be fair, I thought you lot played some cracking stuff against Arsenal even if the one touch passing of your opponents was better (who does it better than them anyway?). Goals don't tell the whole story however but I don't think you're boring. I think a lot of that is down to Torres who has given you a different dimension this year. I also think 'boring football' is only a real problem when it is ineffective anyway.

Guest Digger

Scored 8 more at home than Arsenal, 9 more than Chelsea, 1 less than Utd. and broke the CL scoring record. If you go to home games and seldom away, as most do, I think that represents good value.

Scored 8 more at home than Arsenal, 9 more than Chelsea, 1 less than Utd. and broke the CL scoring record. If you go to home games and seldom away, as most do, I think that represents good value.

Shame your fans make absolutely no noise at home for premier league matches.

You have the best striker in Europe. I'd hope you'd be able to score goals tbh.

(Tee hee)

That's how they got where they are.

And Megson recently said: "Liverpool are going to have a massive say in which teams go down.

"We would hope that Rafa Benitez will retain the integrity of the Premier League with his squad selection."

What does he mean by that? Megson is a cunt. Why should he start playing his best 11 now when he's been doing this all season right before a champions league game? It's Boltons own fault they are going down and they shouldn't be expecting any favours.

(Tee hee)

That's how they got where they are.

Then we live in a bad world. Discuss.

Benny has a sly pop at Avram...

"Rafael Benitez questions spirit of Avram Grant's Chelsea        Matt Hughes

Rafael Benítez yesterday belittled Avram Grant's role at Chelsea by describing Liverpool's Champions League semi-final opponents as Roman Abramovich's team. In the first bout of psychological sparring before tomorrow's first leg at Anfield, the Liverpool manager claimed that Chelsea's style of play has not developed under Grant and that they remain wedded to the attritional football favoured by José Mourinho, his predecessor.

In contrast with the antipathy that he felt towards Mourinho, Benítez has enjoyed cordial relations with Grant, but that has not stopped him questioning the Israeli's contribution. Benítez has always insisted that Abramovich's spending power has been the main reason for success at Stamford Bridge and Mourinho's departure has done nothing to change his mind.

“There's no difference between this Chelsea and last year's Chelsea, only in the press conferences,” Benítez said. “I think it's more or less the same. I was watching the game at Everton on Thursday and they were playing more or less the same.

“As I've said before, the key to them was Abramovich. In the past I think they have built a fantastic team. You may miss José, yes, but not me. It could be they have less spirit than under Mourinho, you know maybe better than me. I have enough things to do at Liverpool now. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3785225.ece