Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Can Liverpool afford to sack him though? His contract doesn't run out until 2014 and they're not really looking to get that fourth spot right now. Without the CL money and the owners reluctance to put in cash, next season could prove to be quite an interesting one at Anfield

Holding on to Torres is going to take some doing. Be interesting if someone like Man City made a silly offer for him.

Can't see him playing for another English club tbh, back to Spain, poss Barcelona would be my guess

I can actually see him going to Chelsea. Wouldn't really fit in todays Chelsea, but for some reason I can see him go there.

What about Gerrard? He hasn't won the league and if Liverpool decay continues, he won't win it there. So what is more important? Being loyal to Liverpool or picking up the winners medal?

It's going to be an interesting finish this

the only reason Gerrard didn't go to Chelsea a few years back were threats made to himself and his family from the lovable Scousers. (000% allegedly of course)

Can Liverpool afford to sack him though? His contract doesn't run out until 2014 and they're not really looking to get that fourth spot right now. Without the CL money and the owners reluctance to put in cash, next season could prove to be quite an interesting one at Anfield

Holding on to Torres is going to take some doing. Be interesting if someone like Man City made a silly offer for him.

Can't see him playing for another English club tbh, back to Spain, poss Barcelona would be my guess

I can actually see him going to Chelsea. Wouldn't really fit in todays Chelsea, but for some reason I can see him go there.

What about Gerrard? He hasn't won the league and if Liverpool decay continues, he won't win it there. So what is more important? Being loyal to Liverpool or picking up the winners medal?

It's going to be an interesting finish this

the only reason Gerrard didn't go to Chelsea a few years back were threats made to himself and his family from the lovable Scousers. (000% allegedly of course)

Summink to do with his girlfriend (allegedly) iirc.

Torres holds the key to getting rid of Benitez.

Sell Torres for silly money (to anyone) over the manager's objections Benitez quits. A win-win for the owners who are currently drowing in debt and are desperate fro a change in leadership but can't afford it.

Wonder how Liverpool's finances would manage without the Champions League next season. I would love it if this was the start of their free fall.

They've been barely hanging on with Champion's League money.  Take it away and they simply cannot finance themselves.

I love all the Benítez bashing, when he's the only manager in the last 20 years that has gotten them performing consistently in Europe. I expect many years of Europa League fun if they sack him.

I don't know why Newcastle fans always get the "deluded" brand on them, there are no more deluded football fans in Europe than Liverpool's and their divine right to do well, when they have been crap for two decades.

Wonder how Liverpool's finances would manage without the Champions League next season. I would love it if this was the start of their free fall.

They've been barely hanging on with Champion's League money.  Take it away and they simply cannot finance themselves.

If they don't finish 4th this season I fully expect the club to implode, followed by wakes, cry ins, marches, paper campaigns (about anything) and a fresh round of speculation about 'Gerra' to Chelsea/Barca/Man City.

I'm sure I heard in an interview a few months ago the owners saying Liverpool were run with the expectation of never reaching the CL i.e. they never spend any money they don't have.  That's why Benitez always has to sell to buy.

I'm sure I heard in an interview a few months ago the owners saying Liverpool were run with the expectation of never reaching the CL i.e. they never spend any money they don't have.  That's why Benitez always has to sell to buy.

Bit simplistic surely - they're paying out Champions League wages because they expect to qualify for it.

I'm sure I've read that they don't put in the CL money in the budget, so all money generated from Europe is a bonus. That said, Kop Football who owns the club made a £42m loss last year

Btw, what ever happened to the Liverpool poster here? And the Man City fellow?

I'm sure I've read that they don't put in the CL money in the budget, so all money generated from Europe is a bonus. That said, Kop Football who owns the club made a £42m loss last year

If it's wacko, I saw him on here the other day talking about pissing on a monkey.

If it's wacko, I saw him on here the other day talking about pissing on a monkey.

Can't remember the name, all I remember is the LFC crest as avatar.

I love all the Benítez bashing, when he's the only manager in the last 20 years that has gotten them performing consistently in Europe. I expect many years of Europa League fun if they sack him.

I don't know why Newcastle fans always get the "deluded" brand on them, there are no more deluded football fans in Europe than Liverpool's and their divine right to do well, when they have been crap for two decades.

He deserves bashing for spending more money (net) than anyone else in the country since he took over yet getting nowhere near the title. And that money was spend on a squad that had already cost a fortune for Houllier to put together.

If it wasn't for the flukiest cup final win ever in 2005 he would have already been out of a job by now.

He deserves bashing for spending more money (net) than anyone else in the country since he took over yet getting nowhere near the title. And that money was spend on a squad that had already cost a fortune for Houllier to put together.

If it wasn't for the flukiest cup final win ever in 2005 he would have already been out of a job by now.

I don't think a lot of people realise how much he's spent...It is a fuckload!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

I think they will stick by him and they will qualify for the champions league.  Sacking managers willy nilly as soon as things go wrong has never worked ,   see Newcastle

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What you do if you were Liverpools yankee doodles?

Sack Rafa = £20m plus up to £10m to recruit a replacement

Keep Rafa and risk missing out on Champions League = £20m at least in lost revenue

Surely the only thing they can't afford to do is to sack him at the end of the season if they don't qualify?

Be interesting to see what kind of meltdown happens if they don't qualify for the Champions League this year.