Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

No offence lads but you're both going to regret typing that in 2 years. Babel has all the talent in the world and has been horrifcally misused by Benitez. Kuyt is decent but ultimately not good enough for a top 4 team.

I've said it in another thread but Kuyt and Benayoun are the sole reason that Gerrard and Torres do so well in Liverpool's side.  At this moment in time I would much rather have Kuyt in my squad than Babel - we're not talking about the future here.

Benayoun doesn't even start man. Good player though.

And Liverpool haven't won in 10 matches.

He didn't start last season either matey.

Liverpool won a week ago btw. O0

Forgot who I was debating with, my bust.

Either way, the difference is clear to see on the pitch when Kuyt (and Benayoun) is there.  Him and Benayoun graft and put in a lot of hard work and it lets Gerrard and Torres move freely and be more creative - Benayoun and Kuyt also chip in with their own fair amount of goals.  Babel offers no where near as much as Kuyt.

Babel is good when dribbling in front of a defender, doing stepovers and what not, but he can't go around him even if his life depended on it. Can't pass, and I've never seen much good movement from him. He has a decent shot on him though, but rarley gets in a position to use it.

He'll never be good enough to command a position in the starting 11 in a top 4 team in England.

When I was a kid (70s, 80s), to play for Liverpool you had to be a certain kind of player, had to have certain qualities.

Going back to Souness, that has changed, Houllier was bad in that he bought some real dross, but Benitez is worse.

They have some utter planks there now. Dossena - he's possibly the worst full back I've ever seen, let alone Liverpool full back. Lucas, the only Brazilian who appears not to be able to play football. Or Kuyt, who for all his effort is a very limited player. Voronin? Dear Lord.

Reading RAWK there's a certain level of delusion about the strength of their squad. The fact is, although its high points (Gerrard, Torres, maybe Reina) are very high, beyond those three, it is very, very mediocre.

When I was a kid (70s, 80s), to play for Liverpool you had to be a certain kind of player, had to have certain qualities.

Going back to Souness, that has changed, Houllier was bad in that he bought some real dross, but Benitez is worse.

They have some utter planks there now. Dossena - he's possibly the worst full back I've ever seen, let alone Liverpool full back. Lucas, the only Brazilian who appears not to be able to play football. Or Kuyt, who for all his effort is a very limited player. Voronin? Dear Lord.

Reading RAWK there's a certain level of delusion about the strength of their squad. The fact is, although its high points (Gerrard, Torres, maybe Reina) are very high, beyond those three, it is very, very mediocre.

I've been saying for ages that if you took Gerrard, Torres & a couple of others out of their side they'd be relegation candidates.

it was already balanced tridente midfield when they got sissoko, alonso, gerrard.

sissoko = ball winner with ultimate engine.

alonso = visionary passer

gerrard = attacking midfield playmaker.

It was already like milan midfield tridente gattuso, pirlo, kaka... why selling the 2 of them with medium player like mascherano... & now lucas :lol: what a blunder by benitez. It was only need to add 2 AM to operate on the flank.. after Champion League Win.

Medium player like Mascherano?

yes i because i don't rate mascherano at all... jimmy bullard is better player when he is not injured. And Gareth Barry is miles away ahead mascherano to be DM.

What the fuck ?  :lol:

yes i because i don't rate mascherano at all... jimmy bullard is better player when he is not injured. And Gareth Barry is miles away ahead mascherano to be DM.

dude, I am not one to usually come on here and point out people's glaring fault in logic but seriously, Barry/Bullard > Mascherano is out of this world man.  There's no way that is the truth unless you're living in some English bubble that has no bearing on the real world.

I know it's the season of good will, but that is quite possibly the most ridiculous post I've ever seen anywhere. Ever

dude, I am not one to usually come on here and point out people's glaring fault in logic but seriously, Barry/Bullard > Mascherano is out of this world man.  There's no way that is the truth unless you're living in some English bubble that has no bearing on the real world.

OR LY?

Back to the Kuyt and Benayoun debate, them two are quality players that could get into any squad in the league!

Indeed, I overheard Arsene Wenger telling Carlo Ancelotti that same thing just the other day. It was right after Carlo phoned Gary Megson to enquire on Kevin Davies availability.

I was almost with you on the Mascherano being a little overated but you've done yourself right up with your examples of better players. Bullard?? You might as well have said "d'you know what - if I was maradona I'd play Julio Arca over Mascherano any day of the week."

I was almost with you on the Mascherano being a little overated but you've done yourself right up with your examples of better players. Bullard?? You might as well have said "d'you know what - if I was maradona I'd play Julio Arca over Mascherano any day of the week."

Watch Serie A more... watch Cambiasso more... then you see how big the gap of quality between Cambiasso & Mascherano as Argentine DM. Mascherano simply medium player aka nothing special.

Bullard is really that good when he don't face the injury problem that he had now. Most people don't rate him because he never played for big club.

Bullard = good stamina engine, driving midfield more further forward, good tackle less reckless, quick pacey passer. Isn't that the quality of good DM?

Back to the Kuyt and Benayoun debate, them two are quality players that could get into any squad in the league!

Indeed, I overheard Arsene Wenger telling Carlo Ancelotti that same thing just the other day. It was right after Carlo phoned Gary Megson to enquire on Kevin Davies availability.

Cock.