Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Guest FriendlyRed

Mascherano is the best defensive midfielder in the world .

That's what I said before he joined West Ham and since he join us at Liverpool his level has risen. He is the future of our midfield.

To even mention him in the same breath as Hargreaves is disrespectful but I'm going to do it. If he is worth 18m then Javi is worth 30m. 17m is a snip.

Players of his class and quality don't come along very often and to have as many caps for Argentina as he has shows his quality.

This sort of overhyping of players in this country (albeit an Argentinian) is part of the reason for our failure to qualify for the European Championships.

But he is. He is that player, he is incredible and has been before he signed for liverpool.

As for Reno gattuso being better.... mwhah

Class from Liverpool today. If it wasn't for Torres finally showing his true self, we would have lost by 7+ goals.

don't talk fucking rubbish, they've been up against nothing

It takes a decent manager to take advantage of us. Did you see at one point when they had 80% possession? That doesn't happen every game. It's only because Benitez knew exactly how to exploit our weaknesses (ball control under pressure, lack of pace in attack) that we've been so utterly dominated in every facet of the game today. You can see we've been shambolic, but if you didn't think that third goal was a special Arsenal type goal then you need to open your eyes.

Class from Liverpool today. If it wasn't for Torres finally showing his true self, we would have lost by 7+ goals.

don't talk f****** rubbish, they've been up against nothing

It takes a decent manager to take advantage of us. Did you see at one point when they had 80% possession? That doesn't happen every game. It's only because Benitez knew exactly how to exploit our weaknesses (ball control under pressure, lack of pace in attack) that we've been so utterly dominated in every facet of the game today. You can see we've been shambolic, but if you didn't think that third goal was a special Arsenal type goal then you need to open your eyes.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Benitez didn't need any tactics today - Liverpool just needed to turn up, Sam already did the job with his awful tactics.

try telling that to the idiot above  :laugh:

Guest bjb7223

Rafa will be axed

Mourinho tops Kop list

Exclusive by Chris Bascombe

Rafa Benitez will be axedRAFA BENITEZ will be sacked following his latest tirade against Liverpool owner Tom Hicks.

And former Kop hate-figure Jose Mourinho is the shock front runner to replace him.

Liverpool's American owners were already preparing to ditch the Spanish boss (left) after tiring of the constant behind-the-scenes bickering but this week's developments have sealed his fate.

It's now a matter of when not if the Spanish boss leaves Anfield and that's expected to be sooner rather than later.

Despite his epic Anfield bust-ups while at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho tops a wanted list already being assembled by the owners.

An approach will be made once Benitez's departure is confirmed.

The Portuguese boss may have his enemies on Merseyside, but he's recognised as one of the best and most sought after coaches in Europe.

Benitez showed no sign of ducking a fight with his hierarchy following yesterday's 3-0 win over Newcastle, despite knowing his job was on the line.

"It's clear Mr Hicks wants the best for the club. So do I," he said.

"We have been here for a long time and we know what the passion of football means and what the transfer market in Europe means.

"It's not a draft system. We have free players available now. I'm not talking about players that cost money.

"We need to talk to the agents now, if not we will lose targets. In the summer, the players will be more expensive. I have not been talking about spending but doing the opposite. We have brought money back. We brought in £26m this year and you can see the value of the squad.

"We had a meeting on the day of the Arsenal game which was really positive. After this, something changed."

They told me to be focused on coaching and training because Rick Parry will be looking after signing players."

Benitez won't walk away, adding: "I have passion for this club. The fans who were with me in Istanbul know what it means to me."

With no resignation on the horizon, Hicks (left) and Gillett are now ready to swing their axe regardless of Liverpool's league placing or Champions League progress.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2511_rafa.shtml

Chris Bascombe writes for the News of the World now? Jesus, I bet that didn't go down very well with the "Justice" brigade.

I'm not quite in the "Sam Out" camp, despite my grave concerns over what he's doing at the moment, mainly because I think it would be self-defeating and do us no good, but if Benitez became available then maybe we'd have something to think about. Mind, with his daft rotation policy and oft frustrating league selections, he might find the NUFC impatience bug bite him on the arse too. What a mess. :(

Rafa will be axed

Mourinho tops Kop list

Exclusive by Chris Bascombe

Rafa Benitez will be axedRAFA BENITEZ will be sacked following his latest tirade against Liverpool owner Tom Hicks.

And former Kop hate-figure Jose Mourinho is the shock front runner to replace him.

Liverpool's American owners were already preparing to ditch the Spanish boss (left) after tiring of the constant behind-the-scenes bickering but this week's developments have sealed his fate.

It's now a matter of when not if the Spanish boss leaves Anfield and that's expected to be sooner rather than later.

Despite his epic Anfield bust-ups while at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho tops a wanted list already being assembled by the owners.

An approach will be made once Benitez's departure is confirmed.

The Portuguese boss may have his enemies on Merseyside, but he's recognised as one of the best and most sought after coaches in Europe.

Benitez showed no sign of ducking a fight with his hierarchy following yesterday's 3-0 win over Newcastle, despite knowing his job was on the line.

"It's clear Mr Hicks wants the best for the club. So do I," he said.

"We have been here for a long time and we know what the passion of football means and what the transfer market in Europe means.

"It's not a draft system. We have free players available now. I'm not talking about players that cost money.

"We need to talk to the agents now, if not we will lose targets. In the summer, the players will be more expensive. I have not been talking about spending but doing the opposite. We have brought money back. We brought in £26m this year and you can see the value of the squad.

"We had a meeting on the day of the Arsenal game which was really positive. After this, something changed."

They told me to be focused on coaching and training because Rick Parry will be looking after signing players."

Benitez won't walk away, adding: "I have passion for this club. The fans who were with me in Istanbul know what it means to me."

With no resignation on the horizon, Hicks (left) and Gillett are now ready to swing their axe regardless of Liverpool's league placing or Champions League progress.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2511_rafa.shtml

His constant whining is beginning to irritate them.

Chris Bascombe writes for the News of the World now? Jesus, I bet that didn't go down very well with the "Justice" brigade.

I'm not quite in the "Sam Out" camp, despite my grave concerns over what he's doing at the moment, mainly because I think it would be self-defeating and do us no good, but if Benitez became available then maybe we'd have something to think about. Mind, with his daft rotation policy and oft frustrating league selections, he might find the NUFC impatience bug bite him on the arse too. What a mess. :(

Believe me there are better managers out there for us if it came to it.

Guest king harry

Name one cos i think of any off the top ofme head.

Liverpool didnt need to get out of second gear yesterday, partly because rafa put 3 upfront, and by the time newcastle had triedto work out what to do, the game was over.

Name one cos i think of any off the top ofme head.

Liverpool didnt need to get out of second gear yesterday, partly because rafa put 3 upfront, and by the time newcastle had triedto work out what to do, the game was over.

The bloke mentioned as being top of your list to replace Benitez springs to mind.  You played well yesterday and nobody is knocking that, I don't understand why you have to be so defensive about yesterday.

Name them?

Name them?

With the money the new owner has we could get almost anyone.

Name them?

I want names.  bluerazz.gif

Name them?

Fred Flintstone.

Name them?

Nah, not realistically.

I seriously  doubt Benitez would accept a job from Newcastle. Just like him or other  managers of that profile wouldn't accept jobs at Everton or Villa.

Football doesn't work like that. You might try and use Abramovich as an example but that's not correct, Chelsea were already a Champions League team with a quality squad that had won a few cups in recent years when he took over.

Name them?

Fred Flintstone.

:rolleyes:

Guest king harry

As Mourhinio not signed a compensation dal with chelsea, saying that he carnt mange a premiership club for 18 months. Not 100% but thats what was reported.