Shola Ameobi (let it all out lads)

Decky

Really blew his big chance tonight, but Owen and Martins were equally as poor. Fact is, you can have the best strikers in the world, but they wont score many if the midfield blatantly lacks creativity.

Im sure that Ameobi has the skills 

I stopped reading at that point

He does have the skills like. There is no other player in the world who could get a ball in a good situation like he can, and fuck the whole thing up, with his team on the backfoot, and him flat on his face on the ground.

That's the sort of thing that you can't learn. Legend.

Shola = useless... meh that's old news man. Been telling everyone since 2005.

I've always jokingly referred to Adebayor as a rich man's Ameobi. At the start of his Arsenal days he would score the odd goal, but be very poor in overall play. Often not keeping up with other's skills or plays and giving the ball away.

But after the start of this season it's a laughable comparison. Adebayor has learned and worked hard and looks a quality player at the moment. Shola has been the exact same player since 2003.

Amazes me how people can still have any lingering hope he will learn anything. Maybe another hip operation would do the trick  :rolleyes:

Really blew his big chance tonight, but Owen and Martins were equally as poor. Fact is, you can have the best strikers in the world, but they wont score many if the midfield blatantly lacks creativity.

It wasnt about scoring or creating or doing anything spectacular. It was about the fact that Ameobi proved once and for all that hes a footballing retard.

Im sure that Ameobi has the skills 

I stopped reading at that point

He does have the skills like. There is no other player in the world who could get a ball in a good situation like he can, and f*** the whole thing up, with his team on the backfoot, and him flat on his face on the ground.

That's the sort of thing that you can't learn. Legend.

He did things just like Van Nistelrooy. Was offside before the ball was hit, and trying to get onside just before the ball was hit.

Too bad he didn't get onside before the ball was hit.

Ameobi was shit tonight but I don't think Viduka would have done much better in the circumstances.

He's been shite this season too which is down to the continued use of the long ball game.

Ameobi certainly wasn't helped by the deliveries from wide (crossing, free-kicks, corners, throws) - each and every one was abysmal.

As you say, any player would have struggled with that shite.

Ameobi was s*** tonight but I don't think Viduka would have done much better in the circumstances.

He's been s**** this season too which is down to the continued use of the long ball game.

You'd expected Viduka to at least be able to control half the balls played to him. I really struggle to remember one thing Ameobi did right tonight. Ameobi wouldn't even make the England women team based on a performance like today.

He did things just like Van Nistelrooy.

The thing I remember most about RVN was that he used to score a lot of goals & Shola did not do that.

Ikon - Is your real name Mrs Ameobi

Im not sure if you have read my post's?

Amoebi was awful tonight.  He has been awful for some time.  He will be awful in the future.  There's no way he should get a game ahead of Martins or Smith up front. 

That said, the service from midfield (and Steven Taylor) was horrible.  Absolutely no creativity and no idea how to break down a very poor, but hard-working Derby side.  A genuine step backward for the first time under Sam.  We will see what the response is.

He did things just like Van Nistelrooy.

The thing I remember most about RVN was that he used to score a lot of goals & Shola did not do that.

Ikon - Is your real name Mrs Ameobi

Im not sure if you have read my post's?

You hit me with too much comedy at the start of your posts for me to carry on. From what I can gather from the bits I have read we have RVN with skills playing upfront for us AKA Shola.

Viduka gets the ball, controls it and gives it to a teammate nearly every time because he has such class on the ball. Ameobi couldn't even get to the f****** thing.

:lol:

The thing is, if he wasn't a Newcastle player, I'd love Ameobi. He's like a comedy character, trying to get the ball and inevitably falling over something. Classic :lol:

Much like Bramble. :nods:

Anyone old enough to remember Arthur Horsfield ?

I don't mind Shola at home tbf where you have a bit more of the ball and a few more chances, but away from home, the key is to keep possession as much as possible and he's abysmal at it. Has Shola ever had a good domestic away game?

no pace, no touch, no anticipation, no quality in the air, no skill, no finish, no pass

Still a great squad player though for some...

Add to that he is Always always either offside or fouling the defender...I tell you he is no better than Bramble when it comes to being called a footballer...Well at least Bramble used to have the odd magic games