In the heart of the defence...

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Seems like a lot still has confidence in Cacapa/Roz. If you ask me we should partner either Taylor or Faye with Roz or Cacapa, because of their lack of physical presence especially in the air. They were physically dominanted by the Derby forwards yesterday.

I would say Taylor/Roz which worked fine in the beginning of the season. A good mix of youth, experience, composure, strength etc...

I like Roz and Cacapa as CBs but seeing our current state of midfield and lack of creativity in it, I would rather play Roz as a DM and have Taylor partner Cacapa...

I've gone for cacapa and Taylor. Roze was totally dominated by Howard and  counted no less than 6 headers on goal that howard could have/should have scored with  :-[  Saying that Faye is a big lad so maybe look at him too.

I'm sure Big Sam said, in the summer, that Rozehnal wouldn't be playing every match and that he is one that he would prefer to bed in slowly to get to grips with the physicality of the game. No shame, then, in dropping him for Taylor or Faye, imo.

Would have Taylor and Roz or Taylor and Cacapa, i think it's essential that theres a bit of premiership experiience n the centre, and last night proved it, Roz and Taylor played well together, both seemed to have a mutual understanding from what i saw.

We need to play a pair that can best compete against Bellenders pace & Ashtons physical presence & skill. Roze & Cacapa for me but that's only because I don't know enough about Faye or Beye. I wouldn't play Taylor in the middle; I think he'd end up in the book early on against either of them.

Would definitely haver Taylor in to deal with Ashton as he is more experienced with that type of Premiership striker and he handled Drogba well last season.  Not fussed who partners him although maybe he could try Faye there.

If Bellamy plays and we play like we did last night, he will have a field day but hopefully he will still be injured.

I've had my doubts about Rozehnal since the first game. He looks decent, but he just doesn't look built to be a Premiership centre back and you could see Derby were targetting him yesterday. He was muscled off the ball by Agbonlahor against Villa as well, it's a weakness in his game which opposition managers will look to exploit. He'll get better, but the games just get tougher and tougher from here on in, I don't think some people have appreciated what a gentle introduction to the season we've had.

Taylor and Cacapa sounds good to me, but there's no way of really knowing until we see it. Whoever it is though we need to find a pairing soon and stick with it, it takes time for central defenders to get a real understanding and in this case it isn't helped by the language barrier.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

taylor and roz were the best at the start of the season and done nothing wrong, i would play them two again

Exactly, we need stability, why did Big Sam feel the need to start changing stuff?

taylor and roz were the best at the start of the season and done nothing wrong, i would play them two again

Exactly, we need stability, why did Big Sam feel the need to start changing stuff?

your sig says otherwise...

Guest Knightrider

All those saying Taylor has to be dropped need to watch last night's performance where neither Rozzy or Cacapa covered themselves in glory in the air or during physical confrontation. They can both head the ball well, but under any kind of pressure physically whether it be in the air or in a dual against their opponent and they fall to pieces and this is why Taylor has to be in there because he's the only defender we have who can physically compete which he once again did last night. He was the only player to come out of it with any credit, not only did he do the job of Smith or tried to he also did the job of his centre-backs, mopping up for them when they lost the ball in the air or went on walk abouts. Howard rarely got any change from him when Taylor was marking him and the number of times he cleared from the centre showed his natural positioning. He's not a right-back Sam.

For me Taylor has to start with Cacapa ahead of him, Taylor leading, Cacapa reading. Rozzy is a good individual player but defensively he's not the best in certain situations against certain teams. Unfortunately for him the Premiership throws up these situations and teams more often than not. At home he might get away with things against the lesser teams but on the road Taylor has to start in the centre.

Taylor & Cacapa from what I've seen.

Also, on paper it makes sense. Premiership experienced, young, physical player with the old head from abroad with medals in his pocket rather than the less experienced foreigner.

Against teams like Derby, Blackburn, Wigan there would be a case for Taylor & Faye actually.

Just for West Ham, Rozenhal and Taylor without a doubt.

Taylor and Rozenhal. West Ham don't have a Steve Howard, Emile Heskey or John Carew in their squad. Wheareas Bellamy is very agile and Taylor's pace could come in handy.

Taylor and Rozenhal. West Ham don't have a Steve Howard, Emile Heskey or John Carew in their squad. Wheareas Bellamy is very agile and Taylor's pace could come in handy.

Bellamy would run rings around Taylor if he's fully fit.

Bellamy would run rings around Taylor if he's fully fit.

Thats the thing getting bellamy fully fit to come to SJP but then again Big Al is no longer there so he might of re-found his arse. Ashton is another matter though.Taylor coped quite admirably with the drog so i would put him on ashton and swap roz for butt.